Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jay R
Forum: Saturn December 16th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Jay R
Saturn on GM's chopping block?

Not sure where the design came from but mine was built in Delaware.

"Gyzmologist" > wrote in message
> Jay R wrote:
>> One of my...
Forum: Saturn December 6th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Jay R
Saturn on GM's chopping block?

We have been happy with them.

Started with a second hand SL2 for my older son when he got out of college..
Bought an 05 Ion for my wife, gave that to #2 son when he went off to school
and replaced...
Forum: Saturn December 5th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Jay R
Saturn on GM's chopping block?

One of my neighbors is sales manager for a Saturn dealer. He indicated that
while it and most of the brands will go away, the popular models will stay.

He also said the only Opel they sell is the...
Forum: Saturn October 17th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Jay R
Alternator whine problem.

Sometimes you have to look at what makes the bearings fail, like an off
balance rotor due to dirt or damage. Maybe even a bent shaft.

If you try to rebuild again, put the rotor on a set of V...
Forum: Saturn October 13th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay R
Opinion and experience with Sky?

I agree, while I love my Sky like life itself, as an old guy with bad knees,
getting in and out with the top up is a pain.

I have only had the top up a couple times in the two years or so I have...
Forum: Saturn October 7th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay R
Opinion and experience with Sky?

What are you talking about the Opal GT and the SKy being the same?

My Sky was built in the US just a few miles from where I live.

I know the new Astra is an Opal designed and built...
Forum: Saturn September 28th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay R
CANADA knows how to sue GM !!!

I agree,

We are currently on Saturn #4.

My older son has an 02 SC2 he bought used, wife just gave her 05 ION to our
other son at college, she has a new Vue and I have an early 08 Sky.

Only...
Forum: Saturn September 24th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Jay R
Opinion and experience with Sky?

I have an early 08, not the redline but loaded up.

It is our 4th Saturn and I love it.

Have had zero problems with it.

Power is not a problem with the standard package.

I was forced to get rid of...
Forum: Saturn July 20th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay R
AC refrigerant R12a vs R134

Probably not,

We made freeze dryers, tightly controlled environmental chambers and other
ultra low application equipment.

Other stuff as well but those were the biggies.

Did a lot of PLC control...
Forum: Saturn July 19th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay R
AC refrigerant R12a vs R134

The substitutes typically work ok and are the only alternative in auto ac.

In many cases it is cheaper to tarade the car. I had an 86 Voyager that the
clutch came apart on. It had 248,000 miles...
Forum: Saturn July 18th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Jay R
AC refrigerant R12a vs R134

R12 (never heard of 12a) is no longer sold in the US except in a recycled
form. It is a CFC and death to Ozone. Very expensive as well.

You can't just change gases. Your system must be spec'd to...
Forum: Saturn July 17th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Jay R
1997 SW1 A/C commpressor replacement

Because of the nature of the dryers job in the system, it should not be
changed if the system has not been cleaned and purged.

I would be surprised if a reputable ac guy would not require he...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12