Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]
Forum: Audi January 4th 14, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Audi chooses A3 as its Super Bowl darling

Ooops. Audi USA accidentally orphaned the A3 on their web site. It's
there but no longer shown in the list of models to choose from.

In article >,
Forum: Technology February 18th 13, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Replies: 13
Is it "normal" for a P0133 (forward oxygen sensor) DTC to clear itself & not return?

In article >, jim beam >
wrote:

> On 02/17/2013 04:34 AM, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
> > In article >, jim beam >
Forum: Technology February 17th 13, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Do you know of engineering papers for what people call brake rotor 'warp'?

In article >,
Joe Mastroianni > wrote:

> We're having a conversation among friends when one casually mentions
> his wife's rotors "warped".
>
> The other...
Forum: Technology February 17th 13, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

wrote:

> On 02/12/2013 10:32 PM, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Joe Mastroianni...
Forum: Technology February 13th 13, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

Joe Mastroianni > wrote:

> The wife got the SES/CEL and two DTCs, both of which were P0133 bank 1
> oxygen sensor being slow to respond (one...
Forum: Technology February 7th 13, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Replies: 64
How to buy tires for your car (letter to a friend asking for advice)

In article >,
Joe Mastroianni > wrote:

> A friend asked me how to buy tires for her daughter - and I wrote this up
> to email to her.
>
> How does it...
Forum: Driving October 17th 12, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 31
My car tried to kill me AGAIN

In article >,
"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote:

> "The Real Bev" > wrote in message
Forum: Audi August 26th 11, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Here comes the 2012 Audi A8 HYBRID

Nice car except... Bose? Seriously? The Bose that came in my A3 was a
downgrade from common factory equipment. No crossovers to prevent high
frequency distortion, no sound dampening to prevent...
Forum: Audi May 23rd 11, 02:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 11
A6 Audi "Hunting"!...

I'm not sure about that ECU, but some will rev up the engine if it
appears that a cylinder has stopped firing while idling. Check the
spark plugs after idling the car to see if one looks extra...
Forum: Audi May 13th 11, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
2007 A3 - mechanics of opening the door

In article >,
Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:

> When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
> a while,...
Forum: Audi May 12th 11, 06:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
2007 A3 - mechanics of opening the door

When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. What's it doing?
It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air...
Forum: Audi March 5th 11, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 19
No handbrake on S4?!????

In article
AD > wrote:

> are you kidding me?
Forum: Audi February 23rd 11, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 17
Audi body design errors

In article <2011022216334116807-davplac@aolcom>,
D. LaCourse > wrote:

> On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:
>
> > Dear folks,
> >
> > yesterday...
Forum: Driving September 15th 10, 04:43 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 16
15-MPH speed humps in a 25-MPH zone

In article >,
The Real Bev > wrote:

> A number of high-end Pasadena residentialneighborhoods have speed humps
> installed which...
Forum: Driving August 26th 10, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,la.transportation
Replies: 9
"Stay In Lane" + Solid Lane Lines = no effect

In article >,
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:

> Larry Scholnick wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > It is a rare day when I don't see cars making lane...
Forum: Audi August 8th 10, 07:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Why are Germans electronically challenged?

In article >,
Manco > wrote:

> If it is a product that involves electronics or software, and it's
> from Germany, it is likely to look...
Forum: Audi July 22nd 10, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Fivecilinder 2,5-liter TFSI-motor: Engine of the Year

In article >,
H.D. > wrote:

> Good news: the Fivecilinder 2,5-liter Audi TFSI-motor is chosen as the
> "Engine of the Year" in...
Forum: Audi May 23rd 10, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Advice please on an A4 convertible Test Drive (CVT transmission question).

In article >, Len >
wrote:

> Today I test drove an A4 Convertible with 80,000 miles. It was in
> exceptional shape and performed very well. The...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 10, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Would it save my BMW to lower the radiator pressure cap from 30psi to 15psi

In article >,
Brent > wrote:

> From reading what goes wrong with BMWs, one scary well known flaw is the
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19