Showing results 1 to 25 of 168
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jeffareid
Forum: Simulators November 8th 09, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By jeffareid
VW Jetta TDI racing series - "clean diesel"?

That so called clean diesel is only 5% bio-diesel, with the other
95% conventional diesel, so this seems more like a case of "clean
coal", then an actually clean fuel source.

Indy race cars, now...
Forum: Simulators October 9th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 50
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing - My slant

>>> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=338844&page=5
>> Has iRacing always sent out these auto-renewal email notices?
> No, this is no doubt a reaction to recent...
Forum: Simulators October 8th 09, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 50
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing - My slant

>> speaking of which Jack B has cost iponzi more signups than anything
>> else http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=338844&page=5 ,

> Whatever anyone thinks, there is a post by a person...
Forum: Simulators September 22nd 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By jeffareid
FI Challenge '99 - 02' is now giving me widescreen resolution options

> Decided to install F1C '99 - 02' to Win7 last night and am using ATI
> 4870 with latest drivers. It is now showing me widescreen res options
> up to 1440x900 which it has never done in the...
Forum: Simulators September 20th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By jeffareid
NFS Shift tips and comments

> Nordschleife

> I'm aware, what I said was it seems to be the big thing to have in these new arcade racers as a drawing point, Shift
> beign a case in poitn where some bought the game based on this...
Forum: Simulators September 19th 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By jeffareid
NFS Shift tips and comments

> As for Nordschleife that track does nothign for me personally
> but seems to be a standard of many of the arcade racers of late.

GTR Evolutions also has it.

GPL was the first game to have it, ...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By jeffareid
NFS Shift tips and comments

> I upgraded the 350z without about 150k's worth of winnings

With upgrades, it ends up traction limited. Even with traction control
on, it still too much power for the grip it has. Not a fun car to...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 09, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

> Mmm... first impression is that the steering is just wrong.

The in car steering wheel doesn't seem to follow your steering inputs.
I'm not sure if there's a delay, but it's just off. Doesn't seem...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

Another video, duel view, Zonda R at Willow Springs:

http://rcgldr.net/nfss/nswszrd.wmv
Forum: Simulators September 17th 09, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By jeffareid
NFS Shift tips and comments

First the tips:

If you have trouble with drifting, set the driving mode to casual,
the game's auto-steering and auto-throttle/brake makes is seem that
your driving with a different set of physics...
Forum: Simulators September 16th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

> beta-test

Not really sure yet. I use two joysticks for gaming, left is throttle
and brake, right is steer, similar to "classic" style radio control
transmitters. These are not force feedback...
Forum: Simulators September 11th 09, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

> * Head-physics is the key difference point to other titles

Although there's no cockpit view, an old (2003) budget game, Ford Racing 2, had
a good implemenation of head movement, or at least car...
Forum: Simulators September 11th 09, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

> As for an in-depth review

IGN did a review, 9.0 out of 10, but noted that the same wasn't
sim-oriented

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1023568p1.html

> Well the last NFS I played was Porsche...
Forum: Simulators September 11th 09, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

> If they want to make any real money I think they should re-tool the
> game as a SP game and sell it on DVD.

There isn't enough content yet (cars, tracks, plus no AI) for it to
be a seperate game...
Forum: Simulators September 10th 09, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By jeffareid
USA NFS-Shift guineau pigs required

> Come on, the US release will be two days ahead of Europe's, so we're relying on
> someone to part with the cash and beta-test this for us next week.

I plan on buying NFS Shift as soon as it shows...
Forum: Simulators September 10th 09, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

>> * Offer has been deactivated due to abuse.

> You'd think there'd be a way of suspending people

Was this "abuse" explained? Was the "abuse" related to
driver behavior, or where players signing up...
Forum: Simulators September 4th 09, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

>> I don't think fans of GPL would like the Skip Barber. The most
>> memorable part of learning to drive GPL was using lift throttle
>> oversteer to control the car from corner entry to apex. One
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing free one month "demos" for GPL & NR2003 fans

> Skip Barber ... GPL

I don't think fans of GPL would like the Skip Barber. The most
memorable part of learning to drive GPL was using lift throttle
oversteer to control the car from corner entry to...
Forum: Simulators August 23rd 09, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By jeffareid
NFS Shift - wondering how sim like it will be?

>> What I'm hoping for is realistic physics, with assists and
>> fantasy cars (higher power and grip)

> Why a better grip?

Better grip for the player that prefer the over the top fantasy
physics of...
Forum: Simulators August 10th 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By jeffareid
GPLRank Challange Tracks?

> Ok, thanks for the advice. I will try those settings to see if I get any
> better. An initial 3/4 lap indicates that the change will require some
> practice.

The main advantage is that the 85/45/x...
Forum: Simulators August 8th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By jeffareid
GPLRank Challange Tracks?

> I have decided to try to go the for "super ranking" (all the tracks and
> cars therein) in GPLRank - as my time for the norschlieffe seems to have
> stalled around the 9:00 mark - and I find that...
Forum: Simulators July 21st 09, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By jeffareid
iRacing videos

Made a couple of videos with the Radical.

Lime Rock
http://jeffareid.net/ir/irlrrad.wmv

Silver Stone
http://jeffareid.net/ir/irssrad.wmv

Although I could drift through the turns somewhat at...
Forum: Simulators July 18th 09, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By jeffareid
The good parts about iRacing (I'm done ranting now)

>>> Next time we'll try Ian Lakes setup for the SRF to see if it can
>>> be tamed to be driving by mere mortals.
>>
>>It helped quite a bit. No clue as to what Ian fixed, but tested at
>>Lime Rock...
Forum: Simulators July 18th 09, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By jeffareid
The good parts about iRacing (I'm done ranting now)

> Next time we'll try Ian Lakes setup for the SRF to see if it can
> be tamed to be driving by mere mortals.

It helped quite a bit. No clue as to what Ian fixed, but tested at
Lime Rock (no chicane)...
Forum: Simulators July 18th 09, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By jeffareid
The good parts about iRacing (I'm done ranting now)

After visiting my friend doing the free trial again, I did notice that
the drivers are quite courteous, at least with the rookie Soltice
events, so the SR factor seems to be helping. I think it would...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 168