Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: navaidstech
Forum: Saturn March 25th 10, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By navaidstech
Oil changes

> You are refering to the 'clutch release bearing' aka 'throwout bearing'.
> This bearing bears on the release forks of the clutch pressure plate when
> the clutch pedal is depressed. *It is...
Forum: Saturn March 22nd 10, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By navaidstech
Oil changes

> I am impressed with both your service life and your disciplined driving
> style, it verifies much of what I have suggested previously. *I will admit
> to reving slightly higher than you on...
Forum: Saturn March 12th 10, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By navaidstech
Oil changes

On Feb 20, 3:06*pm, JimR > wrote:
> Congratulations, sounds like you have broke the bank on this one. *Your
> cumulative miles suggest that you probably do a lot of highway...
Forum: Saturn March 12th 10, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By navaidstech
Oil changes

On Feb 21, 10:17*pm, "Private" > wrote:
> "navaidstech" > wrote in message

Forum: Saturn March 12th 10, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By navaidstech
compression test

On Feb 21, 10:10*pm, "Private" > wrote:
> "navaidstech" > wrote in message

Forum: Saturn February 18th 10, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By navaidstech
Oil changes

I used to take my 92 Saturn SL1 to the dealer for oil changes when it
was new, as this is what I was told by their salespeople.
Little did I know, I could have taken it to Mr. Lube and paid half...
Forum: Saturn February 18th 10, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By navaidstech
compression test

On Feb 14, 7:39*am, danielr > wrote:
> On Feb 13, 8:02*am, navaidstech > wrote:
>
> > Let's see... I've got a 92 SL1 SOHC with 553,000 km on it. Been
Forum: Saturn February 13th 10, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By navaidstech
compression test

Let's see... I've got a 92 SL1 SOHC with 553,000 km on it. Been
putting Castrol Synth in it and a cheap Motomaster oil filter since
the car had 100,000 km on the odometer. I change my oil every...
Forum: Saturn February 9th 10, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By navaidstech
1996 SL2 and Brown Sediment in Coolant

On Feb 2, 8:58*pm, Father Mike > wrote:
> I have about 145,000 km on this boat. I took it in for routine work and
> Canadian Tire pulled me aside and said I had a leaking head gasket...
Forum: Saturn December 30th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By navaidstech
1996 SL2 front wheel squeak

On Dec 30, 8:16*am, " > wrote:
> On Dec 29, 6:30*am, navaidstech > wrote:
>
> > I had both bearings go at 330k miles on my 92 Saturn. They...
Forum: Saturn December 29th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By navaidstech
1996 SL2 front wheel squeak

I had both bearings go at 330k miles on my 92 Saturn. They produced
this very low frequency whining noise that resembled a fully loaded
747 taking off and it would start at around 30 mph.
Initially I...
Forum: Saturn December 21st 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By navaidstech
Car Will Not Start

On Dec 21, 5:24*pm, Snow > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Saturn 01 sl2 that will *not start it will crank but will not
> turn over I don't know if its because it 30 below today or...
Forum: Saturn December 14th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By navaidstech
1999 SW2 won't start...

OK...

looking at the schematic, the two wires in question are purple. All
you have to do is jump them and then try to start the car.
If the car doesn't start, then keep looking elsewhere, if it does...
Forum: Saturn December 13th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By navaidstech
1999 SW2 won't start...

I've never seen it on automatics but is this switch located right one
the transaxle?
Forum: Saturn December 11th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By navaidstech
1999 SW2 won't start...

Oh yeah? Tell that to my buddy who went thrugh hell with a
redhead...on top of it she was (still is I guess) Scottish.
Lucky him, he got himself a good lawyer and got off easy. Promised
he'll never...
Forum: Saturn December 11th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By navaidstech
Loud 1996 SL2

Oh yeah.... you can check it by jacking up the car just enough so the
wheel is off the ground. Grab the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock position and
try slightly wiggling it (pull the 9 oclock towards you...
Forum: Saturn December 11th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By navaidstech
Loud 1996 SL2

I just went through that myself...
The wheel sounded like a heavy jet taking off - low rumbling type
noise.

Initially I thought it was a bad tire but after putting the car on
jacks I wiggled the...
Forum: Saturn December 9th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By navaidstech
Replacing 97 SC2 Thermostat

Well, I'm not sure how different the 97 is my car but on my 92 Saturn,
the thermostat was mounted on the bottom of the block where the lower
rad hose comes in.
You just need to disconnect the hose,...
Forum: Saturn December 6th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By navaidstech
1999 SW2 won't start...

Let's see....

Standard or Automatic?

If standard...check the clutch pedal switch. If automatic, check the
Neutral Start switch. I don't drive automatics but I believe that if
you're in gear (ie...
Forum: Saturn November 29th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By navaidstech
1995 Saturn SL1 fail Emissions Test for high NOx

On Nov 25, 6:23 pm, "Bob Shuman" > wrote:
> Roger,
>
> I have a few questions and a comment:
>
> Is the Service Engine Light lit? (You do not say...)
> Why do you think...
Forum: Saturn November 25th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By navaidstech
sw2 - no sound from stereo

On Nov 23, 12:51 pm, wrote:
> The car is a 99 sw2. Stereo worked fine until a few days ago, when
> suddenly, it stopped putting out any sound. The stereo still works -
> the...
Forum: Saturn November 5th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By navaidstech
Schematic for 98 SL2? 10 amp body fuse blows

I was wonderign what was happening with your endeavours.
Good stuff, you're almost there.
Forum: Saturn October 28th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By navaidstech
Alternator whine problem.

Oops! I assumed wrong!

Turns out the alternator is working fine, but was able to poke around
with a stethoscope and found the idler wheel grinding and whining.
Unlike the alternator, this at least...
Forum: Saturn October 24th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By navaidstech
Schematic for 98 SL2? 10 amp body fuse blows

There is one more method that would quite accurately pinpoint the
location of the problem and it's using a device called a TDR (Time
Domain Reflectometer).
We use it at work all the time to pinpoint...
Forum: Saturn October 21st 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By navaidstech
Alternator whine problem.

Thanks Opie....

I did that the first time around. Got new brushes, diode pack,
bearings, grease, etc, etc...

Just came back from a junk yard today. Picked one up for $45 and will
try to put it in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37