Showing results 1 to 25 of 135
Search took 3.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elle[_4_]
Forum: Honda March 27th 11, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Elle[_4_]
ECM stolen! 1994 Civic EX KA5MT

On Mar 23, 5:46*pm, abeness > wrote:
> Thanks, Elle. Nice to see you still here. I ordered one from a yard in
> MO for $95 shipped. Hard to beat THAT price! Now I just hope that the
Forum: Honda March 22nd 11, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Mar 20, 8:06*pm, abeness > wrote:
> I also found a post that pointed me to http://car-part.com, which looks
> useful as a salvage part clearing house.

I remember using car-part.com...
Forum: Honda December 14th 10, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Elle[_4_]
Curbside Classic - When Honda's Mojo Was Working: 1980-1983 Honda Civic

On Dec 10, 12:16*am, wrote:
> Read Mohttp://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/curbside-classic-when-hondas...

I got a kick out of the link above. I knew JT would be...
Forum: Honda December 11th 10, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 62
Posted By Elle[_4_]
New Honda being delivered Wednesday

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:
> *Elle > wrote:
> > One drawback is the sidewinder design of door locks. Getting parts to
> > rebuild it is difficult. The...
Forum: Honda December 11th 10, 11:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 62
Posted By Elle[_4_]
New Honda being delivered Wednesday

On Dec 10, 1:56*pm, "Howard Lester" >
wrote:
> "Lynn McGuire" * wrote
>
> > I have a data point to dispute that. *I bought my wife a 2005
> > Civic EX coupe with a five...
Forum: Technology July 27th 10, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Elle[_4_]
torque converter failure

On Jul 27, 9:21*am, jim beam > wrote:
> if anyone knows how long a honda civic torque
> converter usually lasts, that would be good to know.

I saw some reports of torque converter...
Forum: Honda July 27th 10, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Elle[_4_]
Oil Change Frequency

On Jul 26, 10:30*am, ACAR > wrote:
> how can you suggest that Honda's on-board maintenance minder
> is the last word in maintenance when you do not know what algorithm...
Forum: Honda May 10th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Elle[_4_]
2003 Honda Accord SRS indicator light

(See edits below, made after Tom P pointed out it is not the tensioner
and so I realized I had made a post-o.)

Most likely it is the buckle. Google for reading the code yourself on
your Accord. It...
Forum: Honda May 3rd 10, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

On Apr 30, 7:32*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Then it would appear that the explosive tensioners are considered part
> of the seat belt assembly.

To me, it appears that dealers disagree...
Forum: Honda April 30th 10, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Elle[_4_]
CRX : no restart after stall

Dying after being warmed up then failing to re-start for several
minutes point to a bad ignition coil (located at the distributor.
Consider replacing the igniter at the same time. Use OEM only....
Forum: Honda April 29th 10, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

On Apr 28, 8:19*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Elle > wrote in news:1576a559-c369-42b7-bc4e-
> :
>

> > My 2003 Civic...
Forum: Honda April 29th 10, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Elle[_4_]
2003 Honda Accord SRS indicator light

Most likely it is the buckle. Google for reading the code yourself on
your Accord. It should be like the following, but maybe not exactly,
so please check with...
Forum: Honda April 29th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

On Apr 28, 2:36*pm, "Guy" > wrote:
> If I start my car before I put my seat belt on, my SRS indicator light
> comes on and stays on no matter whether I wear the belt or not. *If I
> put...
Forum: Honda April 29th 10, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

On Apr 28, 2:36*pm, "Guy" > wrote:
> If I start my car before I put my seat belt on, my SRS indicator light
> comes on and stays on no matter whether I wear the belt or not. *If I
> put...
Forum: Technology April 6th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 269
Posted By Elle[_4_]
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Apr 5, 2:30*pm, wrote:
> That's what I've been saying all along - the "severe" schedule hits
> just about every driver in Central Ontario for at least 3 months of
> the year -...
Forum: Technology April 3rd 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Apr 2, 5:14*pm, dr_jeff > wrote:

> >> Pardon? The manual is pointing out that one must drive "most...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Apr 1, 5:51*pm, "Bob Jones" > wrote:
> "Elle" > wrote in message
> On Mar 31, 6:33 pm, "Bob Jones" > wrote:
>
> >> Severe conditions are defined...
Forum: Technology April 1st 10, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 269
Posted By Elle[_4_]
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Mar 31, 6:33*pm, "Bob Jones" > wrote:
> Severe conditions are defined as follows:

> I believe they apply to most drivers in this country. Are you saying no?

I am saying "no," though...
Forum: Technology March 31st 10, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Mar 30, 5:55*pm, "Bob Jones" > wrote:
> Most people drive in severe conditions.

-- For my 2003 Civic in severe conditions, the interval then becomes
5k miles or six months.

-- I...
Forum: Technology March 30th 10, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Mar 29, 6:41*pm, jim beam > wrote:
> http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/TechnologyDevelopment/OPPTD_FLY_High-Efficienc...

The article linked above is a good read and helps reinforce my...
Forum: Honda March 6th 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Elle[_4_]
CATALYTIC CONVERTER 95 HONDA DX COUPE

If you are in California, things get tricky. Else Magnaflow.com is a
pretty popular online aftermarket muffler and converter shop. I bought
a converter from it for my 91 Civic a few years ago. The...
Forum: Honda February 24th 10, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 24
Posted By Elle[_4_]
Recommended Mileage for Timing Belt Replacement?

"Cameo" > wrote:
> Does Honda make any cars with non-interference engines?

This turns out to be kind of a trivia question. The only non-
interference engine produced with...
Forum: Honda December 24th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Elle[_4_]
best OBD II scanner for 2003 Accord or newer Hondas

For the budget-conscious, consider jumping terminals 4 and 9 of the
OBDII Data Link Connector and counting flashes of CEL,...
Forum: Honda November 13th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By Elle[_4_]
2003 Civic SRS Experience

I had an opportunity to buy a 2003 Civic LX with 81k miles on it
several weeks ago at a great price, and I did. At the time of
purchase, one of the door locks did not work, and the SRS...
Forum: Honda November 11th 09, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Elle[_4_]
Haynes Repair Manual or Equivalent

On Nov 10, 4:40*pm, "Mel P." > wrote:
> Does any one know if Haynes or Chilton or whomever have a manual for 2009
> Civics?
> I looked online and did not see anything.

Maybe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135