Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Grover C. McCoury III
Forum: Ford Mustang February 9th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Thieves Take Aim At Catalytic Converters

Beware of the guy laying under your car "fixing" it in the WalMart parking
lot ;-)

Feb. 6, 2007

(AP) Thieves have long targeted car stereos, air bags, high-intensity
headlights, even pocket change...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 8th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
351C 4v - Engine Detailing

There are a variety of forums and groups that feature discussions of the
351C/Mach 1 including the...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 5th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 20
Hertz GT-H

On Feb 5, 11:28 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article >, Grover C. McCoury III wrote:
>
> > FYI: 1,000 1966 Shelby GT350...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 5th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 20
Hertz GT-H

FYI: 1,000 1966 Shelby GT350 vehicles were sold to Hertz Rent-A-Car for use
as rental cars and were designated GT350H. Some were equipped with the
four-speed manual transmission but the great...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 24th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
horsepower rating

"goodnigh" > wrote in message
> Have read the Boss 302 was rated at 290 HP but actually
> produced more like...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 23rd 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 11
which octane do I use?

"goodnigh" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Ford Mustang January 22nd 07, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 11
which octane do I use?

"goodnigh" > wrote in message

> "Grover C. McCoury III" > wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang January 21st 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 11
which octane do I use?

With regard to the unleaded fuel issue, the chief concern has been for the
possibility of exhaust valve recession (sink or seat wear) when engines
designed to run on leaded gasoline are operated on...
Forum: Driving January 15th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,alt.autos.mitsubishi,alt.auto.mercedes,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 24
How to read diagnostic codes from a car computer?

FYI: I went to Autozone when the idiot light appeared on my truck. Autozone
will provide the test for free and will also reset the diagnostic unit. I am
not sure but I think Advance Auto will also...
Forum: Dodge January 15th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,alt.autos.mitsubishi,alt.auto.mercedes,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 23
How to read diagnostic codes from a car computer?

FYI: I went to Autozone when the idiot light appeared on my truck. Autozone
will provide the test for free and will also reset the diagnostic unit. I am
not sure but I think Advance Auto will also...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 1st 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 83
302 Clevland????

FYI: The Yates heads used by Ford NASCAR today are derived from the 351C.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 featuring
a 351C 4V M-code @...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 1st 07, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 83
302 Clevland????

FYI: From Wikipedia

"This engine was built only in Australia, and was intended to give their
consumers a five liter alternative to the 351 Cleveland as the Ford
"Windsor" series of engines was not...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 27th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 111
Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

By Micheline Maynard
International Herald Tribune

December 27, 2006

(Detroit) The new chief executive of Ford Motor, which is struggling to
bounce back from one of the worst crises in its history,...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 5th 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 25
Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

> wrote in message
>
> ...lots of capitalized drivel deleted....
>
> b) America STILL cannot build...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 20th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
07 stang with and without scoop, which do you like

My sentiments exactly - it is merely a drag enhancement device.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 featuring a
Shaker hood scoop @...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 13th 06, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
2007 GT models with hood scoops and Solara opinions.

Is this a functional hood scoop or merely a drag enhancement device?

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 featuring a
Shaker hood scoop @...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 24th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 57
Ford Posts Loss of $5.8 Billion, Worst Since '92

New York Times
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 23, 2006 - The Ford Motor Company reported its worst financial results in more than 14 years Monday and warned that its business was likely to worsen further in...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 30th 06, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
If Pigs Had Wings...

If Pigs Had Wings
Marc E. Babej and Tim Pollak
Forbes
8/23/06
Zero to 60 in 4 seconds - I wonder what Nikola would think...

(more info on Tesla Motors @ http://www.teslamotors.com)

Albert Einstein...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 23rd 06, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
hood scoops??? 07

Is this a functional hood scoop or merely a drag enhancement device?

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 featuring a Shaker hood scoop @...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 18th 06, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 101
Ford, GM have discussed merger, alliance

9/18/06

(Reuters) Senior executives at General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. have discussed a merger or alliance, industry newspaper Automotive News reported on Monday.

Citing several sources...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 5th 06, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Ford needs new business model

9/5/06
(Reuters) Ford Motor Co. needs a new business model in order to turn the automaker around, according to a memo addressed to staff by its Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford and seen by...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 25th 06, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Ford in talks to sell auto brands

8/25/06

(Reuters) Ford Motor Co. is in talks to sell some luxury-auto brands to an
investment group led by its former Chief Executive Officer Jacques Nasser,
Bloomberg news service reported on its...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 20th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
new (2005-2007) mustangs - regular fuel?

Engines are designed (compression ratio/timing) for a specific octane
rating - it is typically a HUGE waste of money to use a higher than
recommended octane rated fuel. Therefore, always use fuel...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 18th 06, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
horse power question

You usually need more then just engine specs - check out the following estimators:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm
http://www.bgsoflex.com/roughhp.html
Yet another $.02 worth from a...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 16th 06, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 122
Is Ford Running on Empty?

July 16, 2006

By Micheline Maynard
New York Times
Dearborn, Mich.

A fish tank as big as a flat-screen television dominates one wall of Bill Ford's office. Tulips, tired and randomly arranged, droop...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27