Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Doyle
Forum: Antique cars November 14th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Doyle
AMC Rambler strut rod busings available again

Wipe some dishwashing liquid on the bushing and tap it all the way in with a
scrap of wood and a small hammer. Then put some soap on the inside of the
bushing and install the spacer with a "C"...
Forum: Antique cars November 12th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Doyle
AMC Rambler strut rod busings available again

They list the same part number for a '68 Rebel. It's a box of 2, with the
insert spacers, to do both sides.
I'd say it fits all '64 - wait a minute, just found this at, or all places,...
Forum: Antique cars November 11th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Doyle
AMC Rambler strut rod busings available again

Strut rod bushings for 1965-1969 AMC/Rambler American, AMX, and Javelin with
11/16 strut rod.

Original style one-piece bushings are available again. Fresh manufacture,
not dried out old stock. ...
Forum: Antique cars September 4th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 12
Posted By Ken Doyle
need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

I'm sure the '68 and '69 are a different shape.

Ken D.

"heekster" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:07:43 -0700...
Forum: Antique cars August 24th 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 12
Posted By Ken Doyle
need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Careful, I drive a '65 and the '65 you show has the wrong year full wheel
covers on it.

Ken D.

"Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message...
Forum: Antique cars August 23rd 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 12
Posted By Ken Doyle
need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

1967 Rambler American. See:
http://www.bobbittville.com/Rambler-1965American220MattSchmitz.jpg

I think 1966 might be the same.

Ken D.

"leeana" > wrote in message...
Forum: Antique cars July 18th 08, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.antique,rec.autos.antique
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Doyle
FA: Sears/Penske DC Inductive timing light>Exc. Condx

"'Key" wrote:
> heads up richie...
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

At least the guy used the proper FA in the header. For some reason it
doesn't appear in your reply. This header...
Forum: Antique cars January 17th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken Doyle
Looking for a book on historical lemons

From Wickedpedia:
"A lemon is a defective car that, when purchased new or used, is found by
the purchaser to have numerous or severe defects not readily apparent before
the purchase. Any vehicle...
Forum: Antique cars September 23rd 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Doyle
FA: 1960 Rambler Custom Country Club Hardtop

Body is not so great, but drivetrain is strong!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190155978774
Forum: Antique cars September 23rd 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Doyle
Dirty old car

That's telling him! The most ecologically sound thing to do with an old car
is keep it running right and let it finish it's life. Even replacing it
with a hybrid would be less green.

Ken...
Forum: Antique cars September 1st 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken Doyle
Small car to replace old car?

Yes, you can't beat a 1960s 6cyl compact.
Cheap to buy, cheap to run, easy to repair, and they'll push a Honda
sideways.
Falcon, Comet, Valiant, Dart, or my favorite, the '64-'69 Rambler...
Forum: Chrysler August 19th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.hi-po.mopars,wiz.mopar,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.marketplace
Replies: 15
Posted By Ken Doyle
For Sale: 1968 Dodge Polara show winner, must see photos / rare classic

"HEMI-Powered" wrote:
> I can categorically say - my opinion, YMMV - that a 318 in
> ANY C-Body car is so anemic as to be almost dangerous, almost as
> bad as the 1st 2.2L K-Cars. You're trying to...
Forum: Antique cars September 3rd 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.antique
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken Doyle
trouble with 1968 mustang

I believe the only 1960s compact cars with overdrive are the Rambler
American and the Studebaker Lark. The big 3 cared less about gas mileage.

Ken D.

> wrote
> Also, did a...
Forum: Technology August 26th 06, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Ken Doyle
Repairing Rusty Electrical Connectors

Since it seems that you can read, use a dictionary.

Ken

"Weird" > wrote in message
No, why don't you explain,...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14