Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tegger[_3_]
Forum: Technology August 26th 13, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
tesla model s engineering efforts reuse in the day and age of "platforms"

wrote in
:

> Now that tesla has a useful cage in model s it could sell it to the
> highest bidder who can promptly plunk a...
Forum: Technology July 19th 13, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Do it yourself alignment

jim beam > wrote in :

> On 07/19/2013 04:27 AM, Tegger wrote:

>> Oh, so Ford heat-treats everything BUT springs? Right.
>
> they don't heat treat...
Forum: Technology July 19th 13, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Do it yourself alignment

jim beam > wrote in :

> On 07/18/2013 05:47 PM, Tegger wrote:
>> jim beam > wrote in :
>>

>>> frod...
Forum: Technology July 19th 13, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 172
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

blue bmw > wrote in :

> Do you know what happens to every buna-N rubber o-ring exposed
> to hot oil day in and day out?

Not a whole...
Forum: Technology July 19th 13, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Do it yourself alignment

jim beam > wrote in :

> frod don't heat threat - it saves money.

You ought to do a a quick Google before posting silliness, just to
make sure others...
Forum: Technology July 17th 13, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
How do I convert toe in degrees:minutes:seconds to millimeters or inches?

jim beam > wrote in :

> you mealy-mouthed hypocrite. you came sucking up to me for help and
> advice, which i gave free and for nothing, but when...
Forum: Technology July 16th 13, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 172
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

wrote in
:

> Last time I checked, the name of this group = "rec.AUTOS.tech", not
> alt.home.repair.
>
> Fill...
Forum: Technology July 15th 13, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 172
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> you have to either know a good guy
> or get a recommendation for one.

Costco. Oddly enough.
Forum: Technology July 15th 13, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 172
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> 2) The best way to achieve a smooth vibration free ride is to
> patronize a shop that has road force balance...
Forum: Technology July 15th 13, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

blue bmw > wrote in :

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:34:53 +0000, Tegger wrote:
>
>> Those dots are a /starting point only/.
>
> Hi Tegger,
Forum: Technology July 15th 13, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 172
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

blue bmw > wrote in
:

> So, that makes FOUR separate spots, two on the wheel and two on the
> ti 1. Wheel valve stem
> 2. Wheel...
Forum: Technology July 13th 13, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
How do I convert toe in degrees:minutes:seconds to millimeters or inches?

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> On 07/11/2013 09:09 PM, jim beam wrote:

>> he'll need it if he's reading your bovine effluent.
>>

> ...you're...
Forum: Technology July 2nd 13, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
helical spring washers

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> I will even deviate from that when it's a
> critical component (e.g. for control arm shaft mounts on a Studebaker
Forum: Technology July 1st 13, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
helical spring washers

Nate Nagel > wrote in news:kqsobp0fl0
@news6.newsguy.com:

> On 07/01/2013 11:58 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat and Body Roll
> Bros Suspension Works wrote:
>> according to...
Forum: Technology June 22nd 13, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
jargon

Bill Vanek > wrote in
:

> You are misleading innocent posters with your hurried replies.

Au contraire. I gave great...
Forum: Technology June 22nd 13, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
2011 RAV4 2.5 L (which oil)

"ctops.legal" > wrote in
:

> noticing the normal engine operating temperature
> seems a bit high

You're meaning...
Forum: Technology June 22nd 13, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
jargon

wrote in news:bc3cccc0-9ef5-4711-956c-
:

> I saw these terms in the specs of an automotive review:
>
> naturally aspirated
> dry sump
Forum: Honda June 5th 13, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
1998 CIVIC EX RADIATOR SOURCE

Big Brother > wrote in news:koo4ci$3dp$1
@dont-email.me:

> Need to replace the radiator in a 98 Civic 2-Dr. Ex.
>
> Can't find Koyo or Nissens for this model.

Forum: Technology May 29th 13, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Specific question about octane rating with respect to compression ratio

Kevin Bottorff > wrote in
:

> there is a world of difference between 10 to 1 and 15 to 1. 15 to 1
> is low compression diesel range. your...
Forum: Technology May 23rd 13, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
spoked wheels obsoletion

AD > wrote in news:8e72d479-bc97-4c06-aa97-
:

> given that spokes are alive and well on bicycles I have to ask
> why they are gone from the...
Forum: Technology May 13th 13, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
Importing a grey market vehicle to become easier if Ford gets their way?

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> Unfortunately it seems that Ford is simply asking that the US consider
> UN/ECE compliant vehicles to be approved...
Forum: Technology April 22nd 13, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
how long should a track rod end last

"Steve W." > wrote in
:

> Tegger wrote:

>> In Britain, a "track rod" is what we call a "tie rod". Track rod ends
>> are the same thing as...
Forum: Technology April 22nd 13, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
how long should a track rod end last

"Steve W." > wrote in
:

> KG wrote:

>> OK, that being said what the hell is a "off/side track rod end"? I
>> have owned British cars for...
Forum: Technology April 20th 13, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
German mfgrs. lobbying for headlamp law changes

Brent > wrote in
:

> Many a German car has offensively glaring headlamps for their US
> models.
Forum: Honda April 10th 13, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Tegger[_3_]
1998 Accord FIAC Valve

wrote in
:

> The fiac valve is the most random honda design ive ever come across

"Random"? Can you tell me how you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500