Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kenneth J. Harris
Forum: Ford Explorer February 25th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
'97 Control Trac Problem--Won't Disengage 4WD

Are you saying that you want the 4WD to be disengaged when the selector
is in auto position? As Control Trac was explained to me when I got my
'98, all selector positions have 4 WD working all the...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 1st 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Remove stop light lens above rear hatch on '98 Explorer/Mountaineer

Would appreciate it if someone could give me the procedure for removing the
stop light lens above the rear hatch. Got broken and I'd like to replace
it. Thanks!

Ken
Forum: Ford Explorer October 26th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
OK I'm a dumbazz where is the PCV on the V6 SOHC?

Yeah, it's back there were you are working. There's a plastic clamp
that holds a T to the manifold--you need to get the clamp open. I think
the PCV goes into the T. I don't remember exactly--it...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 20th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
How reliable are the later model Explorers?

I still have a 98 Mountaineer 4 Liter V6 with 5 speed auto, which has
been very reliable so we keep it as a second car. But, I have to say
with all the problems you have read about, why would you...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 26th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
'97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Hard start in cold

Might be the IAC valve. Do a google search and look at the articles.

Ken

Rick N Pam wrote:

> My '97 Explorer has developed a starting issue in cold weather. I turn the
> key and it starts...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 6th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Replacement "99 Explorer IAC...longish

What do you mean "mislead people"? When I looked up the price on
Autozone, that was the price they gave me. Check for yourself:
(www.autozone.com). Are their diffeent Autozones with their own...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 3rd 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Flushing cooling system

Can't say for the V8 but on the V6 there is a drain valve on the bottom
of the radiator but it's hidden by a plastic shield. If you remove it
you will see the drain.

Ken

Esteban wrote:

> Hi...
Forum: Honda January 3rd 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Accord 2008 and fuel octane

I guess I should elaborate on my earlier response. I don't have any
information on the newest Accord(2008), but on the previous
version(2003-2007 V6), Honda set it up to run on regular gas(in the...
Forum: Honda January 1st 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Accord 2008 and fuel octane

alfred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 2008 Accord Auto 4 cyl EX-L. The manual says to use regular 87
> octane. The compression ratio in this car is high enough where premium would
> be required in...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 22nd 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Replacement "99 Explorer IAC...longish

$22?? When I was on my computer I went to Autozone.com online, and they
list Idle Air Control Motor Edelbrock / Idle Air Control Valve And
Gasket for $100.99. This is for a '98SOHC.

Plano...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 27th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1998 Mountaineer V6 stalls after start(Update 2)

Thanks. How much does the valve cost?

Big Shoe wrote:

> I had this problem a number of times with my '99. I could clean the
> valve and get good results, usually for not very long. I finally
Forum: Ford Explorer October 26th 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1998 Mountaineer V6 stalls after start(Update 2)

Problem persisted. Took IAC valve out again. Really cleaned inside
this time--blasted with solvent, allowed to soak, moved the spring and
cup/retainer back and forth. Then using a tiny...
Forum: Honda October 19th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Hyundai Sonata reliability vs Honda

I recently rented a Hyundai Azera for a week(not my request but that's
what Hertz had then). What a nice car--beautiful interior, extremely
quiet inside, excellent power and good handling, reall a...
Forum: Honda October 19th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

1. I've owned 2 jeeps, and yes they definitely are unreliable. Not
major components but small parts and electrical problems that were
easily fixed but still a pain. Stay away from them. I've...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 19th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1998 Mountaineer V6 stalls after start(Update)

Followed the procedures on the link--IAC valve tests good electrically,
connector supplying 12 volts. Took valve off--pretty clean inside but
used q-tip and solvent to clean off anyway and put...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 16th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1998 Mountaineer V6 stalls after start

Thanks for the reply. Can't say if it keeps running if I hit the gas
because I never tried--as soon as it stalled I turned the key and it
instantly(seem like not even one crank) restarts after the...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 16th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1998 Mountaineer V6 stalls after start

I bought this car new and it has only about 35,000 miles on it. It
starts instantly but for the last couple of weeks it will stall
immediatly after starting. It restarts instantly and is runs...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 14th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Ten per cent ethanol

Ethanol does raise the octane rating a bit, but is less volatile than
gasoline. So the 10% ethanol mix will be lower in volatility but higher
in octane. But in addition, the ethanol acts as a dry...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 28th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
1999 Explorer Limited - Improving Fuel Economy

Forget the so called performance air filter. I know the ads sound good
but it's all bogus under real life conditions with stock engines. Same
for TornadoAir. The feel of a bit more power is...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 26th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 22
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
K&N filter debate

I agree with you. And in addition, an increased airflow alone is pretty
much ineffective unless there is a corresponding decrease in back
pressure. You need to go with a low pressure low...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 8th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
lease end

If the dealership has closed down, who will you talk to when the lease
is up, whether you want to turn in the vehicle or purchase it? And
whoever you deal with, you can always indicate that you...
Forum: Honda January 18th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Follow up to 12/12 post -- "All the oil ran out of my new 2007CR-V"

I'm not entirely sure that this change is really significant. Sure, a
real change of 6.5% but I have reservations. I know you said that you
travel on the same roads doing the same errandstime of...
Forum: Honda January 17th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
New Accord Initial Oil Change Interval

In my opinion, not changing the original oil until the factory
recommended interval(either mileage or engine oil life indicator)is a
good idea. After the first change, it certainly cannot hurt if...
Forum: Honda January 3rd 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Honda Pilot's VTM-4 4WD System on Ice

Yes--all correct info. I believe the Honda system shuts off above about
25 mph, which is fine for low speed traction in snow etc. More
sophisticated systems operate at higher speeds, and as you...
Forum: Honda January 3rd 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenneth J. Harris
Honda Pilot's VTM-4 4WD System on Ice

You should do a little research on things like: 4WD compared to AWD,
full time AWD vs part time AWD, AWD vehicles that have a locking center
differential(or clutch pack) and those that don't, AWD...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43