Showing results 1 to 25 of 224
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]
Forum: Technology November 26th 19, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Intelligent choice of oil filter?

On 11/26/19 12:33 AM, Steve W. wrote:

>> It's a camry where I went to walmart and they had Fram, Mobile 1, K&E,
>> Super Tech, Bosch, and others.
>>
>> I know enough to realize price is never an...
Forum: General August 14th 19, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.pontiac,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 0
Remove exhaust donut gasket residue?

I'm trying to replace the donut gasket on our 2008 Pontiac Vibe
(rebadged Toyota Matrix) -- the donut at the connection between the pipe
connected to the resonator and the pipe connected to the...
Forum: Technology May 9th 19, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Key clones...

On 5/9/19 12:41 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> 433MHz Wireless Auto Remote Control Duplicator Key
> 3/$15 from China
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y4lkxlql
>
> Might these be worth buying?

Depends on what...
Forum: Technology March 6th 19, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Morgan News

On 3/6/19 9:35 AM, AMuzi wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6774471/Italian-company-buys-iconic-British-sports-car-maker-Morgan.html

A guy I worked with in the UK back in the 50s or...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 18, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Opinions on this suspected VW dealer repair ripoff

On 08/01/2018 06:16 PM, wrote:
> Posted by a Facebook friend. I have general shadetree mech awareness but have never specifically worked on a VW. Whaddya think?
>
> Is there any...
Forum: Technology July 19th 18, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
how does the map get into the radio?

On 07/12/2018 04:36 PM, I wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology July 16th 18, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Repair dashboard

On 07/15/2018 08:41 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

>> Our recently purchased 2015 Prius has a couple of blemishes on the top
>> of the dashboard
>> that look as though the previous owner might have...
Forum: Technology July 16th 18, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Repair dashboard

Our recently purchased 2015 Prius has a couple of blemishes on the top
of the dashboard that look as though the previous owner might have had
an iPass or EZPass (or similar automatic toll payment...
Forum: Technology July 12th 18, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 07/12/2018 01:18 PM, micky wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology July 12th 18, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 07/11/2018 10:18 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

>> I don't need navigation, only occasionally to know where I am.
>>
>> If the GPS map on new radios isn't a lot better than what I have, I'd
>> rather...
Forum: General March 21st 18, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 3
Bait and switch

On 03/20/2018 05:05 PM, News wrote:

>> I just found two listings (by different dealerships in different
>> States) for what purported to be used Prius Fours, which, when I
>> checked the VIN at...
Forum: General March 20th 18, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 3
Bait and switch

I just found two listings (by different dealerships in different States)
for what purported to be used Prius Fours, which, when I checked the VIN
at carfax.com, turned out to be Prius Twos.

Is...
Forum: Chrysler February 12th 18, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Another mirror problem now!

On 02/11/2018 11:14 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> "Percival P. Cassidy" > writes:
>
>> While backing out of the garage I caught that new mirror on something
>> and it folded forward...
Forum: Chrysler February 12th 18, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Another mirror problem now!

While backing out of the garage I caught that new mirror on something
and it folded forward (yes, it's supposed to be able to bend back). Now
it's stiff enough to remain where I want it most of the...
Forum: Technology February 4th 18, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
"Power" mirror question

On 02/03/2018 02:18 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

>> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
>> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.

Forum: Technology February 3rd 18, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
"Power" mirror question

I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
"power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.

Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory...
Forum: Chrysler January 13th 18, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
'02 300M "HomeLink" feature seems to be fading.

On 12/29/2017 09:18 AM, MoPar Man wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>
>>> =================
>>> The EVIC may be going bad. You can pick them up for like $20-30
>>> shipped from the Facebook group...
Forum: Chrysler December 28th 17, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On 12/27/2017 08:46 PM, MoPar Man wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>
>> I've dropped the overhead console and see no sign of an antenna at
>> all, so I assume that it's totally internal. I did...
Forum: Chrysler December 27th 17, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On 12/26/2017 09:11 PM, MoPar Man wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>
>> Our 300M's "HomeLink" (garage-door control) feeatures worked fine for
>> a long time but now seems to be losing its...
Forum: Chrysler December 25th 17, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
'02 300M "HomeLink" feature seems to be fading.

Our 300M's "HomeLink" (garage-door control) feeatures worked fine for a
long time but now seems to be losing its "oomph": even with the front of
the car almost touching the garage door we can't...
Forum: Chrysler December 25th 17, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Crackling/"Rustling" sound in 300M

On 12/23/2017 10:41 PM, MoPar Man wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>
>> While driving at freeway speeds today, I could hear an annoying noise
>> in our '02 Chrysler 300M -- like rustling leaves,...
Forum: General December 23rd 17, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Crackling/"rustling" noise in Chrysler 300M

On 12/21/2017 09:20 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>> While driving at freeway speeds today, I could hear an annoying noise
>> in our '02 Chrysler
>> 300M -- like...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 17, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Crackling/"rustling" noise in Chrysler 300M

On 12/21/2017 09:20 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>> While driving at freeway speeds today, I could hear an annoying noise
>> in our '02 Chrysler
>> 300M -- like...
Forum: Technology December 22nd 17, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Crackling/"rustling" noise in Chrysler 300M

While driving at freeway speeds today, I could hear an annoying noise in
our '02 Chrysler 300M -- like rustling leaves, perhaps, but loud and
constant.

Turning off the fan didn't seem to make any...
Forum: General December 22nd 17, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech