Showing results 1 to 25 of 221
Search took 1.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Earle Horton[_16_]
Forum: Jeep April 25th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Rear diff swap

Find out the track, or wheel to wheel width. If it is the same, chances are
this can be done with a little welding. A cheaper alternative might be to
install a Trak-Loc into the...
Forum: Jeep April 24th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
3.7 liter v6 2006 jeep grand cherokee exhaust noise

Heh, tell them the noise is still there.

Earle

"amym" <u33644@uwe> wrote in message news:713075fd9beb0@uwe...
> HEY Earle! Thanks for the response... I live in WI... when i test drove it
it
> was...
Forum: Jeep April 24th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 151
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
driveline vibes

"nrs" > wrote in message
> On Apr 23, 6:47 pm, j > wrote:
> > 1995 wrangler with a 2.5, tom wood...
Forum: Jeep April 24th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
3.7 liter v6 2006 jeep grand cherokee exhaust noise

"Spitting" sounds like an exhaust leak, but "clunking" sounds like something
hitting the floor. Can you locate the sound yourself, or is it way under
the vehicle? There are state "lemon laws" that...
Forum: Jeep April 24th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
engine sealing

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
> Mike Romain wrote:
>
> > The big thing to watch for is the lights! You have to cool them off
Forum: Jeep April 19th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Question on 7/70000 Powertrain warranty

This also puts you on their mailing list for recall notices. And don't
forget junk mail. Before I knew better, I paid a Honda dealer $5 to be put
on their junk mail list. I won't be paying it next...
Forum: Jeep April 18th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 41
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
'88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

"SnoMan" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:13:11 -0400, Mike Romain >
> wrote:
>
> >Do you do this...
Forum: Jeep April 17th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 41
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
'88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=57611

A replacement frame for a CJ is $1,799.99. This is made by a company that
has done a few of them, so some economy of scale kicks in. A Wagoneer...
Forum: Jeep April 17th 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 41
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
'88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Economically I don't see how it would pay to have a mechanic
> do all the labor...
Forum: Jeep April 16th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
bought a hardtop today

"The Merg" > wrote in message
> With all the BS that's been plaguing the group recently, I thought I'd
> share some good news.
>
> I bought...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 41
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
'88 Grand Wagon frame rusted

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Mark Corbelli wrote:
> > Sad story...
> > My beloved '88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, my...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
SILLY QUESTION -- JUST NEED AN OPINION FROM EVERYONE

"Tracie" > wrote in message
On Apr 12, 12:47 pm, "Earle Horton" > wrote:
> "Tracie"...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Engine Performance & Gas Mileage - Can You Assist Me?

"Rickster the Jeepster" > wrote in message
> I have a 1999 Leep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 5 speed. The previous owner
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Cross Country Directory Of Jeepsters

The guys who charge for it in Silverton would do a lot better job than I
could. Of course, they can't work on AC and I can...as long as I don't
accept compensation for it. If you're willing to let...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Cross Country Directory Of Jeepsters

"Rickster the Jeepster" > wrote in message
> On Apr 12, 5:48 pm, twaldron > wrote:
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

Nuevo México is a pretty big buffer. I am in Albuquerque right now, but I
spend most of my time in Colorado. These folks are a lot closer to your
state.

Have you seen the road I live...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Tracie" > wrote in message
> On Apr 11, 8:46 pm, "Earle Horton" > wrote:
> > "Tom Greening"...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"billy ray" > wrote in message
> The new green claims 5 years, I wouldn't trust it past 4 years but maybe
> that is just me.

Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

There's no paint you can use? A radiator lasts forever in Colorado.

Earle

Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Tom Greening" > wrote in message
> Earle Horton wrote:
> > stainless. You will love them. Much better than the Allen head...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

I've had Green in cars for ten years or more, if it's the same formulation.
Maybe these new engines made of pot metal are different, but I don't think
so as long as you use the right coolant or mix...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
SILLY QUESTION -- JUST NEED AN OPINION FROM EVERYONE

Another thing I was real hot to put stainless on the Jeep and "prevent
rust", but now that I have the color mismatched half doors (it came with
full doors) that doesn't seem so important anymore. ...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

Make sure to get the right stuff, and replace all the hoses at the same
time. If you do that you should get another 68,000 out of it. People will
tell you stuff like 2 years, 30,000 miles, but that...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 47
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
YJ front locker?

I "practiced" in a 1962 Volkswagen sedan with five people in it, wow
thirty-five years ago or more. Lost it halfway down a long icy hill in
Western Massachusetts, women screaming in the back, guy in...
Forum: Jeep April 10th 07, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 47
Posted By Earle Horton[_16_]
YJ front locker?

If I had had the nerve to goose the accelerator a little I know I could have
pulled right out of it. What I did was stay off the brakes and steer with
the skid. But it over-corrected three or four...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 221