Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: billy ray
Forum: Jeep April 22nd 07, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By billy ray
Jeep Willys Music Video

SUV Customer Survey Results:

http://www.ajeepthing.com/jeep-blog/land-range-rover/what-suv-buyers-want-study-tells-all/2007/

> wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep April 18th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By billy ray
31 inch tires

Are those tires made in Red China?

"L. Ron Waddle" > wrote in message
>j wrote:
>> lookng for recommendations for a...
Forum: Jeep April 17th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By billy ray
Vintage Factory Jeep slot mags

I prefer Mean Mary Jean.

"L.W. (Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Like these?
Forum: Jeep April 16th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By billy ray
bought a hardtop today

Real Jeeps don't have no stinkin' tops!

<insert link Bill>

"twaldron" > wrote in message
> The Merg wrote:
>> With all the BS...
Forum: Jeep April 14th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 22
Posted By billy ray
97 wrangler TJ leaking fluid in the middle of driveway

If the cat is leaking don't drink it, call the Vet.

"Spdloader" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland"...
Forum: Jeep April 14th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By billy ray
Engine Performance & Gas Mileage - Can You Assist Me?

I got 21.1 on a 1500+ mile trip where most of the highway driving was well
above 55mph, 10 days was camping off-road in Canada.

"abomb69" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep April 14th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By billy ray
93ZJ - 4 wheel drive switch + bad coolant sersor

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Bogey Buster wrote:
>> Hi Folk,
>>
>> In my 93 V8 ZJ, the following error messages flash in and...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"DougW" > wrote in message
> billy ray wrote:
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By billy ray
Cross Country Directory Of Jeepsters

No beer until the project's done.

"twaldron" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
>> I have a 1999 Leep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 5 speed. The previous...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By billy ray
Common Problem I just want help to confirm

You want the originals?

"L.W. (Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Nice work. Bookmarked, Thanks.
> God Bless...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By billy ray
Common Problem I just want help to confirm

While I have heard they are sometimes on the passenger side the ones I have
seen were to be found on the drive's side.

We were able to reach the bolts with a quarter inch socket set and a LONG...
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By billy ray
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

The new green claims 5 years, I wouldn't trust it past 4 years but maybe
that is just me.

The new engines are full of new metals though, perhaps that is the problem.

"Earle Horton"...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By billy ray
Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

2 years for Green, 4 years for G-05

Zerex brand only

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> Make sure to get the right stuff,...
Forum: Jeep April 9th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By billy ray
keys

A professional locksmith will probably be cheaper than the dealer anyway and
it will be done right.

If you want the same key to work all the locks he can probably do that for
you as well..

"L.W....
Forum: Jeep April 9th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By billy ray
03 JGC - "Tire Pressure Sensor Bad/Missing"???

The OEM Goodyear equipped Explorers weren't as deadly.

"L.W. (Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Let alone the lives...
Forum: Jeep April 8th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By billy ray
Steering stablizer

We cured Ed's by rotating and balancing the tires. Of course he never got
that alignment or replaced the bad shocks so he will have it back soon
enough.

"Lloyd Hanning" >...
Forum: Jeep April 8th 07, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 37
Posted By billy ray
Replacing spark plugs

The following excerpt is from the 2003 Mopar Spark Plug Catalogue (page 9)

"The spark plugs below are specifically designed by Bosch for the optimum
performance of your Mopar engine. Each package...
Forum: Jeep April 7th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By billy ray
1986 Cherokee project for sale

Greg,

Some details or specs would be helpful.

"jerryg" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone. I have a 1986 Cherokee...
Forum: Jeep April 6th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 37
Posted By billy ray
Replacing spark plugs

Jeeps seem to prefer low tech copper plugs for some reason,

I've not had a problem with Bosch Platinum plugs in the 25+ years I've used
them but maybe I was just lucky.

"Mike" >...
Forum: Jeep April 6th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 37
Posted By billy ray
Replacing spark plugs

That engine came from the factory with copper Champions as your 'mechanic'
well knows.

If you have had no drivability problems with the Platinums (I haven't in 3
Jeeps) you can continue with them...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By billy ray
XJ oil pressure reading?

Won't it start throwing codes of the computer thinks the engine has no oil
pressure?

"Dutchmajician" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep April 4th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By billy ray
Engine misfire causing rough idle

What EXACTLY was their diagnosis?

"Mike" > wrote in message
> from the dealer service department:
>
> Cylinder #3...
Forum: Jeep April 3rd 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By billy ray
Rear seat for 3 people?

It is also longer 13+ inches, wider, taller, heavier and has less cargo room
than my Grand Cherokee.

But you do get additional ground clearance...1/5 of an inch.

"TW" (delete...
Forum: Jeep April 2nd 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 296
Posted By billy ray
How To Install Tow Hooks

This is from the 2003 TJ manual.