Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul G.
Forum: Ford Explorer May 4th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul G.
Overheating 99 Ford Explorer

On May 3, 8:53 pm, wrote:
> Looking for some ideas. Recently my Ford Explorer started
> overheating. It's a 99 4.0L SOHC with 120,000 miles. Once it cooled
> down I checked the...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 26th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul G.
Fuel Pump always on when key is on Please Help!

On Apr 25, 8:11 am, "plex4r" > wrote:
> The fuel pressure reads 30 when I am trying to start. Fuel is not getting
> into the cylinders because I pulled a plug after...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 23rd 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul G.
2002 Explorer Sport Gauges acting crazy

On Apr 22, 6:53 pm, wrote:
> I just recently bought a 2002 explorer sport with about 50K on it.
> Drove it for a week with no problems. First I noticed the gas gauge
> one day go...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 19th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 19, 4:33 am, "plex4r" > wrote:
> A bad relay would be a simple fix. I may be able to switch the AC relay
> for a test.
> I don't think a bad relay answers the...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 19th 07, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 18, 4:54 pm, "Happy Traveler" > wrote:
> That may be true for newer, 'returnless' systems, but not for a '95. It will
> run continuously, delivering more fuel than the...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 19th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 18, 10:14 am, "plex4r" > wrote:
> Does anyone know why the pump will not shut off?
> Is the pump bad and not creating enough pressure? Or could some other
> sensor...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 18th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 18, 6:23 am, "plex4r" > wrote:
> When I turn my key to On but do not start the engine I hear the fule pump
> running.
> Is this normal, or should it shut off after a...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 8th 07, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 29
Posted By Paul G.
94 Explorer cranks but no start, details inside Thanks for any help

On Apr 7, 7:46 pm, J Adams > wrote:

> Fuel shut-off reset button? Didn't know there was one, what does it
> look like and where is it? Can't find it in the Haynes manual.

You can...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 6th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 6, 7:44 am, "Ulysses" > wrote:
> "J Adams" > wrote in message

> > On 5 Apr 2007 16:04:57...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 6th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 3:50 pm, J Adams > wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2007 16:04:57 -0700, "Paul G." > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 5, 11:59 am, J Adams > wrote:
> >> On 5 Apr 2007...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 6th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 3:40 pm, "Happy Traveler" > wrote:
> Are you sure? This is EECIV, not OBDII. Doubt if those can self-diagnose
> ignition.

I'm not POSITIVE, but I'm pretty sure it...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 6th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 11:59 am, J Adams > wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2007 11:40:30 -0700, "Paul G." > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 5, 10:14 am, J Adams > wrote:
> >> On 5 Apr...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 5th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 10:14 am, J Adams > wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2007 10:14:09 -0700, "Paul G." > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 5, 8:10 am, J Adams > wrote:
>
> >> Swapped the...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 5th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 8:10 am, J Adams > wrote:

> Swapped the relays and still no start

OK, down to basics. To start you need:
1. spark
2. proper fuel/air mixture
3. timing
4. compression
Forum: Ford Explorer April 5th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 5, 6:48 am, J Adams > wrote:

> >Sounds very much like the fuel pump relay. Open the relay box on the
> >passenger side, under the hood. Swap the A/C relay with the fuel pump
Forum: Ford Explorer April 5th 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Apr 4, 6:44 pm, J Adams > wrote:
> This problem started a while ago, but would usually start after
> letting it sit for at least 8 hours. Now its been a week and I'm
> clueless...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 1st 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul G.
Speedo cable

On Apr 1, 9:44 am, "Charlie Bress" > wrote:
> 92 with 191k on it and automatic transmission. The speedo has gotten erratic
> and reads all over the place.
> Can the core be...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 31st 07, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul G.
5R55E auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear on 2000 Explorer 2wd

On Mar 30, 12:38 pm, wrote:
> On Mar 30, 7:52 am, "Paul G." > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 29, 9:08 pm, wrote:
>
> > > Good Evening,

Forum: Ford Explorer March 30th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Mar 29, 9:08 pm, wrote:
> Good Evening,
>
> I found an earlier post (2004) on this topic but no clear solution.
>
> Any ideas on why my auto trans won't downshift to 1st...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 28th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul G.
2000 Ford Explorer Idle Issues

On Mar 27, 6:01 pm, "Booters" > wrote:
> On Mar 26, 7:26 pm, "Paul G." > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 25, 8:41 am, wrote:
>
> > > Whenever I...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 27th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Mar 25, 8:41 am, wrote:
> Whenever I start my 2000 Ford Explorer the RPMs start at 1000 and drop
> down to 500.

Mine does the same thing, I think that part is normal.

Forum: Ford Explorer March 27th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul G.
1995 XLT

On Mar 25, 4:45 pm, "Jacob" > wrote:
> When I start the car and it's cold, there's never a problem. However, when
> the car is warmed up, about 50% of the time when I stop at a light,...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 10th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul G.
Manual hubs for 97 Explorer

On Mar 8, 6:40 pm, "Jim Warman" > wrote:
> 97 Explorer doesn't have locking hubs... as far as I can recall, there isn't
> even any provision for "unlocking" the front...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 23rd 07, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul G.
Speedometer for 1996 Explorer

On Feb 23, 7:15 am, "Alex" > wrote:
> My speedometer gets stuck at 50mph regardless of the speed I am
> traveling. I guess I have to replace the entire instrument cluster.
Forum: Ford Explorer February 20th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul G.
Intake manifold

On Feb 20, 11:00 am, Bill Jeffrey > wrote:
> [Sorry if duplicate post - I have been having trouble getting to this
> group for several days.]
>
> Dufey wrote:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 29