Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sam[_10_]
Forum: VW air cooled April 19th 11, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
fuel pump pin falling out?

Thanks all. I got the pin back in (it actually fell out!) and
everything worked fine.

-Sam

On Apr 18, 5:11*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled April 18th 11, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
fuel pump pin falling out?

Thanks for the help. That is what I was worried about. I hope I can
tap it back in without any damage. :)

-Sam

On Apr 18, 12:12*pm, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr...
Forum: VW air cooled April 18th 11, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
fuel pump pin falling out?

I have a strange issue. It seems that a pin on my fuel pump is working
its way out.

The pin I'm talking about is at the end of the arrow in this...
Forum: VW air cooled March 29th 11, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Sam[_10_]
car donation?

Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I
could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but
is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good...
Forum: VW air cooled September 1st 10, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam[_10_]
horn ground contact through lever?

Speedy Jim,

I did, but probably not enough. I'll repeat. I just though I was doing
something wrong because it seems like a design flaw to expect the
chrome to be a good conductor.

Thanks!

-Sam
Forum: VW air cooled August 31st 10, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam[_10_]
horn ground contact through lever?

I annotated the photo to describe my problem:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RO9IWVR0VG_VvkojX2Z7FfpGl5mgnfRRRLSlH1LY_Hw?feat=directlink

On Aug 30, 10:58*pm, Sam > wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled August 31st 10, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam[_10_]
horn ground contact through lever?

I have a newer setup, without the three pins. It looks sorta like
this:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mannaxman/Examples/DSCN3104.jpg

Again, my only problem is that the ground wire...
Forum: VW air cooled August 31st 10, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam[_10_]
horn ground contact through lever?

Great! I'll check that out. Does it apply to the '65 era Ghia?

On Aug 30, 7:06*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> On 8/30/2010 6:11 PM, Sam wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled August 30th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam[_10_]
horn ground contact through lever?

I'm fixing my horn on my '65 Ghia. I've troubleshooted by horn
(problems included poor connection on the jumper to the steering box
and a bad relay), and I'm 99% of the way to getting the horn to...
Forum: VW air cooled September 27th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Sam[_10_]
tie-rod end (and SF mechanic suggestion?)

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I feel encouraged!

-Sam

On Sep 26, 8:39*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Sam wrote:
> > I have 2 dilemmas (a quartlemma?). 1) I...
Forum: VW air cooled September 26th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Sam[_10_]
tie-rod end (and SF mechanic suggestion?)

I have 2 dilemmas (a quartlemma?). 1) I don't know if I should have a
lot of the front-end work (i.e. tie-rod end and king pin replaced)
done simultaneously, or just the essential. 2) I don't know...
Forum: VW air cooled June 12th 08, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
grinding on turning

Thanks, Jan. That's really helpful.

-Sam

On Jun 6, 9:18*am, Jan > wrote:
> Oversized tires on proper size rims make the bug or ghia ride MUCH
> better. 145 and 155 high...
Forum: VW air cooled June 6th 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
grinding on turning

that's good to know. when my tires are worn, i'll replace them with
the correct size!

-sam

On Jun 5, 9:50*am, troll > wrote:
> In article...
Forum: VW air cooled June 5th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
grinding on turning

I think the tire is rubbing! I found a piece of metal on the chassis
that is a little bent from the tire rubbing. The clicking noise is the
tread hitting that metal! Thank for everyone's...
Forum: VW air cooled June 4th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
grinding on turning

OK, I'll check the wheels for rubbing. It doesn't sound like rubbing:
it sounds like clicking/grinding and the wheels start to roll. I'll
turn the steering wheel all the way and check the stop screws...
Forum: VW air cooled June 4th 08, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Sam[_10_]
grinding on turning

When I turn the steering wheel on my '65 Karmann Ghia too far (when
leaving a parking spot, for instance), I get a loud tapping/grinding
from the front end. Is this symptomatic of something, or...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16