Showing results 1 to 25 of 382
Search took 0.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: clifto
Forum: Technology July 5th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By clifto
More Dangerous Chinese Tire-related Crap

Steve wrote:
> I just told
> the NAPA counterman "no way in hell!" when he brought out Chinese-made
> brake rotors for my Jeep last saturday, for example.

It's getting nearly impossible to find...
Forum: Technology June 3rd 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By clifto
Will "cupped" tires wear back to normal if bad shocks are replaced?

Steve wrote:
> I've never had a Goodyear tire that I could stand. They're a huge tire
> company and sell bazillions, so *somebody* has to like them, but every
> time I've had a Goodyear tire, I've...
Forum: Technology May 29th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 180
Posted By clifto
New initiate to OIL CHANGE CLUB

* wrote:
> clifto > wrote in article
>> Hachiroku ???? wrote:

Forum: Technology May 28th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By clifto
Ethanol fuel may be harming your vehicle

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou080527_tj_ethanol.3694d133.html?npc

?It doesn't break down as good, so more carbon deposits are inside the
intake (valves),? said Deremer.

And fixing it...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Hachiroku ???? wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Technology May 24th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

hachiroku wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:26:48 -0500, clifto wrote:
>> Hachiroku wrote:
Forum: Technology May 21st 08, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 180
Posted By clifto
Oil Extractors

"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
> "Mark A" > wrote...
>> "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote...
>>> How long does it take to extract 4 qts of oil...
Forum: Technology May 21st 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Hachiroku wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 23:36:48 -0500, Ray O wrote:
>> The trick to keeping the oil from spilling down your arm is to press on the
>> drain plug while you are unscrewing it. When it...
Forum: Technology May 20th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By clifto
Pressurize A/C to find leaks?

HLS wrote:
> I used to have one of those old torch type leak detectors and it was
> worthless
> for everything I ever tried it on. Thank goodness there are better tools
> out there
> today.

I've...
Forum: Technology April 19th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 143
Posted By clifto
Surprising increase in truck MPG

Ignoramus11166 wrote:
> On 2008-04-19, Doug Miller > wrote:
>> In article >, Ignoramus11166 >...
Forum: Technology April 19th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech

jim wrote:
> Studies in fleet vehicles have consistently shown that adding 10% alcohol
> to gasoline INCREASES mpg by about 3 to 5 percent. It is also well known
> that the addition of alcohol...
Forum: Technology April 13th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By clifto
1995 Toyota Camry Freon leak in aluminum tubing?

"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
> "Freon" is the brand name for R-12 refrigerant that is no longer made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freon

Freon is DuPont's trade name for its...
Forum: Technology April 11th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By clifto
Mufflers.

N8N wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2:45*pm, "HLS" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> .I am interested in buying a...
Forum: Technology March 31st 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By clifto
2008 Lexus RX 400h

wrote:
> so what's your question?

If it takes ten hens ten days to lay ten eggs, what do Romanian geese do
in their spare time?

--
One meter, to within 0.0125% accuracy (off by...
Forum: Technology March 31st 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> clifto > wrote:
>>Andy Dingley wrote:
>>> Enigma was hardly a "computer" and it was electrical, rather than
>>> mechanical.
>>
>>As far as I can tell, the only...
Forum: Technology March 30th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Andy Dingley wrote:
> Enigma was hardly a "computer" and it was electrical, rather than
> mechanical.

As far as I can tell, the only electrical thing about Enigma was the wire
paths that sent power...
Forum: Technology March 26th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

water4gas wrote:
> Bye, this is my last post here.

We should be so lucky.

--
One meter, to within 0.0125% accuracy (off by just under .005 inches):
Three feet

* wrote:
> wrote in article
>> i would say if they look good, then they are good. and furthur more if
>> it...
Forum: Technology March 22nd 08, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By clifto
Mercury Marquis Heater Core R/R

Bailey B wrote:
> I decided not to replace the core myself because: 1. Its a two man job.
> 2. It takes a professional mechanic 1.5 days to do it. 3. If its not
> done right you will have to do it...
Forum: Technology March 21st 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Marv Soloff wrote:
> Question: is there a "trick" way of pulling the heater box without
> removing the entire dash
> assembly and if so, what is it?

I managed to do my 1989 by pulling the dash back...
Forum: Technology March 19th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By clifto
IPC wiring harness connector for 1988 Toronado?

wrote:
> clifto: Now that you mention it, I have tried some cleaner on the IPC,
> but I don't know that I ever shot the connector with it. I'll pull
> the battery fuse and try...
Forum: Technology March 18th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> How can we fix the connector? I'm open to viable ideas. And, I know
> the problem is not with the IPC, as I have tried two other known
> working units and had the...
Forum: Technology March 8th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By clifto
Where are the diesels?

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
> For that matter, it certainly isn't rocket science to convert a car to
> run on methanol. Has anyone done a study on energy requirements and
> greenhouse gas...
Forum: Technology March 8th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By clifto
WANTED: Someone to write automotive repair/diagnostic articles for new website (pay is per article)

Rodan wrote:
> wrote:
>
> We are developing a new automotive repair website. We are looking for
> someone to write a series of automotive repair & troubleshooting
> oriented...
Forum: Technology March 6th 08, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By clifto
Speed cameras coming to Calif? Yes, if this bill passes

golden oldie wrote:
> The only thing you need to do so you don't get a ticket mailed to you
> is drive the speed limit.

Perhaps you're unaware that for a long time radar was illegal in Florida,
due...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 382