Showing results 1 to 25 of 385
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elle
Forum: Honda February 13th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elle
93 civic overheating..HELP!

Search the net using words like {Honda engine used}. This
comes up now and then, and I have read on the net about used
Japanese engines being available. It's definitely worth
exploring. Check for...
Forum: Honda February 13th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elle
93 civic overheating..HELP!

To be a tad more complete, the factory service manuals (free
online) at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html are pretty
good for troubleshooting the cooling system and sensors.

For the...
Forum: Honda February 12th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elle
93 civic overheating..HELP!

Little caveat on getting the fan to turn on: Even with
everything working, 40+ minutes in winter temperatures may
be required before the appropriate sensor gets hot enough to
turn the fan on. I...
Forum: Honda February 12th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elle
93 civic overheating..HELP!

> wrote
>i own a 93 civic lx with 198,000 miles on it. just
>recently i have
> been having problems with it overheating. Just last year
> I had to
> replace the head gasket...
Forum: Honda February 12th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 347
Posted By Elle
Consider buying American!

"BaJoRi" > wrote
> Where do the profits go? The profits for Japanese
> manufacturers, no matter where the car is built, go to
> Japan. It sucks revenue out of our economy.
The...
Forum: BMW February 12th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 79
Posted By Elle
Consider buying American!

"BaJoRi" > wrote
> Where do the profits go? The profits for Japanese
> manufacturers, no matter where the car is built, go to
> Japan. It sucks revenue out of our economy.
The...
Forum: Honda February 11th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 27
Posted By Elle
Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

"Tony Harding" > wrote
> Elle wrote:
>> "Tony Harding" > wrote
>>> Another option, go to the Parts Dept. at your local
>>> Honda dealer, have them look up your...
Forum: Honda February 11th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 27
Posted By Elle
Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

"Tony Harding" > wrote
> Another option, go to the Parts Dept. at your local Honda
> dealer, have them look up your part and ask the guy/gal to
> print out that page. I've done...
Forum: Honda February 6th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote
About "professionals" who compromise to save or to make
money
> Goddamn corrupt bureaucracy sucks ass, and we both know
> it.

I think it's the...
Forum: Honda February 6th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Seth" > wrote
> "Elle" > wrote
>> "Seth" > wrote
>>> My '01 V6, a tad over 7k per change. But I'm a...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Seth" > wrote
> My '01 V6, a tad over 7k per change. But I'm a high
> mileage driver. My commute, 3 times a week, is 77 miles
> each way, very much of it 60+ mph...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 27
Posted By Elle
Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

After putting your car's identifying info in at
www.bkhondaparts.com , do a "list all." Click on "exhaust
manifold." The pre cat one appears. Click on "exhaust pipe"
for the post cat one.

These...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Elle
antifreeze

Radiators on Hondas c. 1990 are known to be wimpy. Cracking
at the top is a common report. If this is the original
radiator, you did well.

Buy a new aftermarket one and be done with it....
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 27
Posted By Elle
Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

One sensor is upstream of the cat converter (= pre cat); the
other is downstream (= post cat). Find out which one it is.
Then look at parts drawings at bkhondaparts.com to help find
it.

On many...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

E wrote
"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote
> so I can know how much to set aside when a big service job
> is coming up..know what I mean? Stuff that I can't do
> myself.

I thought...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"ACAR" > wrote
> On Feb 4, 9:47 pm, "Seth" >
> wrote:
> snip
>>
>> I know that my '01 EX-V6 Accord, which doesn't have the
>> same MM as...
Forum: Honda February 5th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote
> "Elle" > wrote
>
>> "Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote
>>> Then why can all that be screwed...
Forum: Honda February 4th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote
> Then why can all that be screwed up if one forgets to
> reset the Maintenance Minder?

> If you rest it early, then Honda admits that the...
Forum: Honda February 4th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Avalon" > wrote
> that would be great if you don't mind sending
> some links about this Maintenance Minder.

I think the most detailed and most reputable description of
the MM...
Forum: Honda February 3rd 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Elle
94 Civic LX - Several Oil Leaks!

Concur with Curly about replacing the PCV valve. At a
minimum, not only might it stop some of this oil leakage, it
may improve your fuel mileage. An old, worn, possibly
malfunctioning PCV valve...
Forum: Honda February 3rd 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 71
Posted By Elle
2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

Your questions are perfectly well-communicated. Furthermore,
they are asked so often this ought to be an FAQ.

I have read a fair amount on Honda's maintenance minder over
the last several years. I...
Forum: Honda January 30th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Elle
Love my CRV 1999. Does anyone know if there is an online 'user manual.'

"Tegger" > wrote
> I love Firefox, personally.

So do I, though I'd narrow this to a love for how much
faster it is loading compared to IE.

The old version works great, but I will...
Forum: Honda January 30th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Elle
Love my CRV 1999. Does anyone know if there is an online 'user manual.'

"Dano58" > wrote
> It's amazing to me how much groups like this have replaced
> things like
> reading the Owners Manual or getting a good shop manual.
> Or even
> applying...
Forum: Honda January 30th 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Elle
Love my CRV 1999. Does anyone know if there is an online 'user manual.'

"Tegger" > wrote
> I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11 (latest update).
>
> The only Add-On I have installed is IE Tab, just because I
> hate having to
> go to IE for the few pages that...
Forum: Honda January 30th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By Elle
Love my CRV 1999. Does anyone know if there is an online 'user manual.'

"Tegger" > wrote
About using Firefox for the aforementioned owner's manual
web site: