Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Max Magister
Forum: Old Timers Photos September 17th 10, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Replies: 3
Posted By Max Magister
1972 Citroën SM Opéra Henri Chapron_1

Hi Paul, Just a note to thank you for the great photos you're sharing. I've
enjoyed them all, in particular, of course, those of some of my favourite
vehicles of the period. I would love to be...
Forum: Old Timers Photos September 15th 10, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.automobile,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Replies: 2
Posted By Max Magister
1939 BMW 327-28_2

These are lovely, Paul. I'm looking forward to the post war cars tomorrow.
You're certainly showing us some amazing vehicles, like that Adler
cabriolet. I knew there was the Autobahn Kurier but...
Forum: Car Show Photos July 15th 10, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 2
Posted By Max Magister
1969_Volvo_1.JPG 241500 bytes

There are two of my former cars in this picture, Ron, and I'd be delighted
to have both of them back again in as new condition. The Volvo 122S--mine
was blue, not red, though--was a special...
Forum: Car Show Photos May 31st 10, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 12 of 50, Alfa Romeo 1900C Super Sprint S1 by Touring 1955 fl3q.JPG (1/2) - 399 Kbytes

Hello André, You've outdone yourself with this wonderful group of pictures,
starting with the AC Aceca and going right to the lovely Alvis TD. I
especially like the late 40s-early 50s Alfa Romeo...
Forum: Old Timers Photos May 25th 10, 08:35 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Replies: 2
Posted By Max Magister
1982 Dodge Rampage red-01=mx=.jpg (1/1)

Thanks for the compliment, cebo. I'm not sure what you mean by indexes
though. Do you mean posting thumbnail pages at the end of each post?
That's not something that's usually done on the car...
Forum: Car Show Photos May 25th 10, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 2
Posted By Max Magister
File 34 of 53, Sunbeam Alpine Mk IIA 1954.JPG (1/1) - 285 Kbytes

While I can appreciate the older vehicles I'm much more into cars from the
post-war period. I'd be glad to own any number of these vehicles but I
think I'd probably enjoy driving this Sunbeam the...
Forum: Car Show Photos May 16th 10, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 4
Posted By Max Magister
Thanks to Andre, Rob and Rich

Hi John, Better send him to alt.binaries.pictures, autos for the best
selection. (It's those fat fingers again, I know.)

Max

> wrote in message...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 30th 10, 08:47 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 17
Posted By Max Magister
Bad News

I'm shocked. When something like this overturns the lives of people one
considers to be friends it's even worse. I'm so sorry to hear this, Rex,
but I have confidence in your abilities and...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 19th 10, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 52 of 52, Pontiac Chieftain DeLuxe 2-door sedan 1954 side.JPG (1/2) - 383 Kbytes

Another very nice set, André. You know my favourites so I won't list them
but that lovely Mercedes 300 was right up at the top. The MG dhc with
Tickford body was another special car. And the...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 12th 10, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 46 of 52, Lincoln Premiere convertible coupe 1957 fr3q.JPG (1/2) - 356 Kbytes

What a shame that Lincoln ruined the very beautiful 1956 style by adding
fins, lights, rear wheel cut-outs that don't match the front and generally
messing up what was simple and elegant. But it...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 12th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 38 of 52, Lancia Gamma 2000 coupe by Pininfarina 1976 fl3q.JPG (1/2) - 368 Kbytes

This may have been the replacement for the Fiat 130 Coupe in the Lancia-Fiat
line-up but all in all I prefer the 130's looks. It was probably more
reliable too, from all reports. The Gamma...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 12th 10, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 26 of 52, Lancia Flaminia 3B 2,5 coupe by Pininfarina 1963 fr3q.JPG (1/2) - 408 Kbytes

Another masterpiece of styling derived directly from the Floride/Florida
concept models. One of the most elegant Lancias of the post-war years in my
view.

max

"André Ritzinger"...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 12th 10, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 10 of 52, Lancia 2000 IE 1972 f3q.JPG (1/2) - 463 Kbytes

The first Flavia Berlinas were not very stylish even if they may have been
roomy and comfortable. This model evolved into quite a good looking car by
the end, as these shots will demonstrate. I...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 5th 10, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 33 of 52, Chevrolet Bel Air 2-door sedan 1954 side.JPG (1/2) - 487 Kbytes

Another great series, André. Just a small correction on this one. It's a
Chevrolet Deluxe Two-Ten model, either the 2 door Sedan or the Delray Coupe.
The only way to tell is to see the inside. ...
Forum: Car Show Photos April 5th 10, 09:04 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 11 of 52, Borgward Isabella 1961 fl3q.JPG (1/2) - 462 Kbytes

I've always regretted that Borgward went out of business just as I was
buying my first cars. It meant that I'd never get to own one although I did
quite a few test drives and really wanted...
Forum: Car Show Photos March 28th 10, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
1959 Lancia Appia - blue - fvlT.jpg (1/2) (12of14) 604K

What a little jewel this Appia was!

Max

"Zinc" > wrote in message
Forum: Car Show Photos March 27th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 47 of 51, Sunbeam 90 Mk III Supreme saloon 1955 f3q.JPG (1/2) - 436 Kbytes

The last iteration of a model that went back to the late 1940s, and probably
the best too. The Supreme was on the badge but wasn't really part of the
name of the model. And on this last version,...
Forum: Car Show Photos March 27th 10, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 19 of 51, Panhard PL 17 1960 f3q.JPG (1/2) - 374 Kbytes

Not as simple and sleek as the Dyna Z but still one of the more interesting
cars of that time.

Max

"André Ritzinger" > wrote in message...
Forum: Car Show Photos March 27th 10, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 05 of 51, Minerva AP limousine 1937 side.JPG (1/2) - 395 Kbytes

This is from 1937? It looks even more old-fashioned than a contemporary
Rolls-Royce or Bentley. By this time even Pierce Arrow had a more modern
look. Too bad that a car of this quality couldn't...
Forum: Car Show Photos March 14th 10, 08:37 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 25 of 52, Fiat 1500 cabriolet by Pininfarina 1965 side.JPG (1/2) - 419 Kbytes

Lovely series of pictures, André. I especially enjoyed the Fiat PF spiders,
one of the prettiest designs of all time in my opinion. And then there was
that beautiful Aurelia GT that I wanted all...
Forum: Car Show Photos March 8th 10, 08:54 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 1
Posted By Max Magister
File 19 of 47, BMW 503 cabriolet 1958 f3q.JPG (1/2) - 399 Kbytes

Sure the 507 was a good looking car but I've always considered the 503 to be
the exquisite style. This is a beauty of the first water.

Max

"André Ritzinger" > wrote in message...
Forum: Car Show Photos February 22nd 10, 07:59 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 40 of 50, Morris 8 HP S1 tourer 193x.JPG (1/2) - 464 Kbytes

That's a lovely series of Morris cars, André. It's not often you see so
many at once. Sure, I'd rather have a Packard, or a Rolls for that matter,
but it's lovely to see this group...
Forum: Car Show Photos February 22nd 10, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Replies: 0
Posted By Max Magister
File 22 of 50, Lancia Astura coupe by Pinin Farina 1933 fr3q.JPG (1/2) - 505 Kbytes

Sheer elegance! Farina had an amazing touch even back in those days.

max

"André Ritzinger" > wrote in message
Forum: Car Show Photos February 21st 10, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Replies: 6
Posted By Max Magister
Lincoln 1996 Sentinel Concept sdn (RM-lot 255) rsr clip .JPG (1/1)-5-5

I agree, Pat, but it's not because of Lincoln or Mercury. If they don't
find product for those two brand names, why keep them going? And if they're
going after a luxury position, they need to do...
Forum: Car Show Photos February 21st 10, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Replies: 6
Posted By Max Magister
Lincoln 1996 Sentinel Concept sdn (RM-lot 255) rsr clip .JPG (1/1)-5-5

You know, as I was making my comment I thought about the overwhelming grille
on this concept and wondered if I should maybe have mentioned how much I
disliked it and how it simply didn't fit with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500