Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 1.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: I'm a Movie[_2_]
Forum: VW water cooled July 13th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 139
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

My 1981 Rabbit 1.6D truck can do 77mph downhill with a tailwind -- SO
THERE!!!!!!

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 05:44:15 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

>270 BHP 2002 Passat W8 Six Speed Top...
Forum: VW water cooled July 7th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
driveshaft and CV joint

I replaced the driveshaft and CV joint on my rabbit today and I
noticed some evidence of some poor quality work that was done in the
past. The previous owner did not replace the small flywheel cover...
Forum: VW water cooled June 23rd 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
Help. CV joint or bearing. Whomp whomp sound on acceleration.

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:44:49 -0700, tonyw > wrote:

>Hi,
> Thanks for the tips. On the wheel bearings, did you change them
>yourself or bring it to a shop for their press?
I...
Forum: VW water cooled June 23rd 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
Tie Rod Replacement 1984 GTI Rabbit

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:39:35 -0400, "none2u" >
wrote:

>"Tube Audio" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled June 23rd 07, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
Help. CV joint or bearing. Whomp whomp sound on acceleration.

I just completed replacing the wheel bearings, hubs, ball joints, tie
rods, struts, coil springs, tie rod boots, control arm bushings, and
various related nuts and bolts on Both sides of my 81...
Forum: VW water cooled June 17th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
RUSTY shock tower repair

Has anyone ever had sucess welding in a patch panel that included a
shock tower on an inner fender of a rabbit?
Would it be better to weld in a patch for just the rusted part of the
original OR...
Forum: VW water cooled May 26th 07, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
1986 Quantum GL

I have a 1986 Quantum GL Wolfsburg that has ~300,000 miles on it.
The automatic transmission failed recently. The engine starts up and
runs like a champ and the car is in overall great condition...
Forum: VW water cooled May 26th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
blown head gasket?

I think my 81 diesel may have a blown head gasket.

There is pressure in the coolant bottle even when the car is cold and
I recently had to replace all of the hoses because they were starting
to...
Forum: VW water cooled May 26th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
1981 rabbit heater core

Thanks Tom for the tips. I think that I will do it the easy way.
I'll never understand some German engineering!!!!!!!

Craig O

On Thu, 24 May 2007 02:22:59 GMT, "Whole Lotta Tom"...
Forum: VW water cooled May 24th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
1981 rabbit heater core

OK let me first of all establish that I do indeed own and read repair
manuals.

I quote from MY REPAIR MANUAL #1 ---
Figure 5.1 and 5.2 are exploded views (the pictures suck!! and don't
show any...
Forum: VW water cooled May 23rd 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
1981 rabbit heater core

I cannot figure out how to exchange the heater core on my 81 diesel
pickup w/ac.
I took off the two clips from the front of the box, and I was able to
pull off the side vent in order to disconnect...
Forum: VW water cooled May 13th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
'84 Rabbit

When my 86 Quantum ran close to the red mark, it turned out to be a
severely rusted radiator that was causing the problem. A radiator
flush will not fix the radiator when it is severely clogged, so...
Forum: VW water cooled May 13th 07, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By I'm a Movie[_2_]
Headlight switch and cold start pull knob

There was a switch release button on the bottom of the switch. Thanks
for the answer.

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:04:23 -0400, "none2u" >
wrote:

>"Ken Finney"...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13