Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Lawrence
Forum: Driving May 2nd 13, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Lawrence
When is a car accident really an "accident"?

On 4/29/13 4:33 AM, wrote:

> Is there a better term for some cases?

Collision?

- Peter
Forum: Driving February 9th 13, 09:55 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Drivers of blue Nissan Titan pickups in Southern California betterstow their trucks for now

On 2/7/13 10:25 AM, Peter Lawrence wrote:

> Or risk being shot by trigger happy Southern California law enforcement
> officers:

Forum: Technology February 8th 13, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Replies: 64
Posted By Peter Lawrence
How to buy tires for your car (letter to a friend asking foradvice)

On 2/7/13 10:33 PM, Danny D. wrote:

> The only problem with that is that the NEXT person who goes into Midas is
> not going to get that price so they're still fleecing people (bait and
Forum: Technology February 8th 13, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

On 2/7/13 10:33 PM, Danny D. wrote:

> The only problem with that is that the NEXT person who goes into Midas is
> not going to get that price so they're still fleecing people (bait and
Forum: Driving February 7th 13, 07:25 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Drivers of blue Nissan Titan pickups in Southern California betterstow their trucks for now

Or risk being shot by trigger happy Southern California law enforcement
officers:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Oy vey!

- Peter
Forum: Driving July 10th 12, 11:14 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Cheapest California mandated Teen Behind the Wheel Driver Training(17 year old)

On 7/10/12 2:34 PM, Arklin K. wrote:

> Same with this stupid nanny law. The problem is that, since it's a law,
> you absolutely must pay a stranger to drive at least 2 hours with your
> kid before...
Forum: Driving July 10th 12, 06:36 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

On 7/10/12 9:07 AM, jgar the jorrible wrote:

> In the end, this proved to me that the new requirements are necessary
> and good. The practical implementation will never make anyone happy.

In the...
Forum: Driving February 23rd 12, 04:28 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Cracking down on parking meter cheaters

On 2/22/12 10:12 AM, Patrick Scheible wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Driving February 22nd 12, 08:18 AM Posted to ca.politics,ca.driving,misc.survivalism,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics
Replies: 1

On 2/21/12 9:05 AM, jgar the jorrible wrote:
> On Feb 18, 1:37 pm, John David >
> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-15 10:36, About Time wrote:

Forum: Driving February 20th 12, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Chains

On 2/19/12 12:20 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> If I'd bought new ones and the store refused to take them back, what then?

If you buy them at a store, by all means have the store clerk select the...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Red Light Runner

On 2/19/12 9:45 AM, ChrisCoaster wrote:
> On Feb 19, 12:20 pm, > wrote:
>> On Feb 19, 11:15 am, > wrote:
>>>
>>> And another issue with...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Red Light Runner

On 2/10/12 1:55 PM, Nick Naim wrote:

> Her line got off to a slow start for some reason and by the time she got
> close to the light the left turn arrow had been on red for a good 2 seconds.

The...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Chains

On 2/18/12 6:04 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 02/18/2012 04:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 02/14/2012 03:39 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> In theory my tires take Laclede 1038 (cable, s-type), but...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Chains

On 2/18/12 9:30 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> In SoCal they slap on chain controls in the mountains if even an inch of
> snow sticks to the road, which is probably a good idea. It was more like 2
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 02:46 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Massive traffic jam on 10 Freeway becomes Caltrans scandal

On 2/18/12 2:04 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> How about this: no speeding enforcement on I-10 for the next 2 months. None
> at all. Let's see what the REAL 85% level is!

That's just too sensible and...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Chains

On 2/18/12 1:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 02/14/2012 03:39 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>
>> In theory my tires take Laclede 1038 (cable, s-type), but they're too
>> long. The instructions say not to...
Forum: Driving February 15th 12, 06:35 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Caltrans real-time road conditions map

On 2/14/12 6:35 PM, Sancho Panza wrote:
> On 2/14/2012 7:48 PM, Peter Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> I don't think anyone has posted a link to this cool real-time map
>> provide by Caltrans.
>>
>> Not only...
Forum: Driving February 15th 12, 01:48 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Caltrans real-time road conditions map

I don't think anyone has posted a link to this cool real-time map provide by
Caltrans.

Not only does it show traffic conditions and CHP incidents in real time, but
also what's being displayed on...
Forum: Driving December 29th 10, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.misc,misc.legal
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Driver gets 51 years to life for Adenhart death

On 12/28/10 4:27 PM, jgar the jorrible wrote:
> On Dec 28, 1:22 am, "Bill > wrote:
>> Steve Sobol wrote:
>>> In >,...
Forum: Driving May 3rd 10, 11:57 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,misc.transport.rail.americas
Replies: 152
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Commuting Solution for Santa Cruz

On 5/1/10 11:29 PM, spsffan wrote:

> Even a new highway alignment over the route would be difficult. Those
> are some steep mountains, and I'd think that several tunnels would be
> required to...
Forum: Driving May 1st 10, 01:43 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 152
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Traffic Engineering term for "Sloth"

On 4/30/10 4:05 PM, Patrick Scheible wrote:
> Peter > writes:
>> On 4/29/10 2:13 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Based on a lot of evidence, California's Highway 17 used to...
Forum: Driving April 30th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 152
Posted By Peter Lawrence
Traffic Engineering term for "Sloth"

On 4/29/10 2:13 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 4/29/2010 16:03, Brent wrote:
>> On 2010-04-29, Alan > wrote:
>>> In article
Forum: Driving April 30th 10, 07:24 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

On 4/30/10 10:04 AM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In >,
> Scott in > wrote:
>> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Brent
Forum: Driving April 30th 10, 07:23 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

On 4/30/10 7:27 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2010-04-30, Scott in > wrote:
>> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Brent
>> > said:
>>>
>>> If...
Forum: Driving April 30th 10, 07:17 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

On 4/30/10 5:24 AM, Brent wrote:
> On 2010-04-30, Scott in > wrote:
>>
>> A competent driver never overdrives his sight lines; hence even this
>> warning sign is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84