Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GaryP
Forum: Simulators December 5th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By GaryP
Race07 Questions

Most cars in Race 07 are rear wheel drive I believe... I love the
Radicals.. 8-)

GP

>On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:19:07 -0700, PW > wrote:
>Thanks Tony - I am...
Forum: Simulators November 19th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By GaryP
Team Speak

Don't know how good, but Sim HQ put up a free server - info here -
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2278891#Post2278891

GP

>On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:26:36 -0000,...
Forum: Simulators November 2nd 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 21
Posted By GaryP
G25 Vista Software finally released!

Me too. It's a shame but it's just too "vague" a shifter for me to use
with the pattern and not worth the effort as a sequential compared to
using the paddles. Maybe if I built a rig to position it...
Forum: Simulators October 29th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By GaryP
Slowdown the AI

You might want to state what racing sim you are talking about...

GP

>On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:53:19 -0700, tlgtr > wrote:
>We have a small offline league (basically a couples fun...
Forum: Simulators October 15th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By GaryP
Race 07 arrived today

Amazon.com, looking forward to trying this out!
Forum: Simulators September 19th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 23
Posted By GaryP
Power & Glory mod for GTR2 released

I have GTL but no GTR2 so I just ordered it used from Amazon... should
have it as I seem to have every other sim known to man. I'm buying
Race07 also, really like the "feel" of it.

GP

>On Tue, 18...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 23
Posted By GaryP
Power & Glory mod for GTR2 released

>Note: You must own/insert the GTL cd during the install.
>
>Cheers
>Andre

Is it a GTL mod or a GTR 2 mod?

Thanks
GP
Forum: Simulators September 10th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By GaryP
Race 07 demo is out.

I like it, it's the 1st sim I ever just went in and started driving
without major tweaking and just felt good right off the bat.

Good job Simbin!

GP

>On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:17:19 -0400, "Bob...
Forum: Simulators August 28th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 20
Posted By GaryP
Railroad crossings in racing games?

Maybe even toss in some lightning hitting corner workers and deer
flying up in the air off the nose of an F1 car!

>On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:40:57 -0700, wrote:
>On Aug 27, 3:57...
Forum: Simulators August 10th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

>On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:43:13 -0400, "Steve" > wrote:
>Heck with IRacing after they have shown their butts over the last 2 years.

Maybe it would have been better if they kept...
Forum: Simulators August 9th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

>On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 06:42:45 GMT, "MikeWhy" > wrote:
>Buy new tires? Or blow the money on a PC that will run a sim reasonably
>well? There's also the time budget, but most...
Forum: Simulators August 8th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Steve -

Good post. What you have to keep in mind is that there are 100's of
thousands of RL racers that are fanatical but DON'T get paid for it -
there are exponentially more of us in the amateur...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 07, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Nice going Pat! ;-)

GP

>On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 18:42:45 -0700, wrote:
>On Aug 3, 10:37 am, wrote:
>> Are they doing anything at this point other than...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Never know, one of my oldest friends lives in Naperville!

GP

>On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 16:42:40 -0000, Tim Wheatley > wrote:
>On Aug 4, 9:17 pm, GaryP >...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

>On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:51:33 -0500, "James Promme" > wrote:
> As to RAS, perhaps he should stay there; plenty of fanbois for him there,
>and the moderation will take care of any...
Forum: Simulators August 5th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Sorry to hear that, but i'm sure we will be communicating at some
point in the future. I'll be at Watkins Glen on 8/17-19, stop by!
8-)

GP

>On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 00:26:01 -0000, Tim Wheatley...
Forum: Simulators August 4th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Not hard at all Tim, to be honest I assumed there were a large number
of volunteers either more qualified or, more likely, quicker on the
draw than I was. My main point is that more regular updates...
Forum: Simulators August 4th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Tim -

I'm sure it will be a fine sim when it arrives but those of us that
have registered on the site for updates and are serious about
(possibly) becoming part of this need more frequent updates,...
Forum: Simulators August 3rd 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

Also wonder who they have doing the beta testing? I wasn't qualified
apparently as I have only about 15 years sim racing and a short time
doing RL Porsche Club racing. Can't wait to hear what...
Forum: Simulators August 3rd 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 62
Posted By GaryP
iRacing Who?

"iRacing.com's mission is to create the world's most authentic, most
sophisticated, most accurate PC-based racing simulations and advance a
new branch of motorsport — known as simracing — through...
Forum: Simulators March 13th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By GaryP
NASA Sim Racing - Anyone try this?

As I may be racing (RL) with NASA Northeast in the GTS Series this
year I noticed a link to an official NASA sanctioned Sim series. Sound
interesting, they use rFactor and GTR2..

You can check it...
Forum: Simulators February 3rd 07, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By GaryP
vista and gpl

Alan -
"95-98-XP is a whole lot different than jumping from XP to Vista".
Right... like I said, been here before. I don't plan on upgrading
right away, but I WILL upgrade (and the 64 bit OS IS an...
Forum: Simulators February 1st 07, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By GaryP
vista and gpl

That's almost funny... look back a MS OS or two, then add in Flight
sims and shooters..

GP

>On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:42:11 GMT, "Jan Verschueren" > wrote:
>Name one...
Forum: Simulators January 5th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By GaryP
G25 Mod site?

Thanks Steve, not the exact place but these pics look like a...
Forum: Simulators January 5th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By GaryP
G25 Mod site?

I saw a site where a G25 pedal set got ripped apart and rebuilt into a
more realistic layout. Anyone have it bookmarked?

Thanks
GP
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48