Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Charlie Money
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Charlie Money
156 on the blink

The listed cambelt change interval on my 2005 1.9 JTD 156 SW is 70,000
miles. Just done the 2nd change at 132,000 miles though as there were
visual signs of wear.

Charlie
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 2nd 10, 10:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Charlie Money
we buy any car dot com

On Jul 1, 8:21*am, "simon bothwell" >
wrote:
> I did the same with my '99 2.0 156, ( 75,000 miles ) they offered 385! I've
> also been told that when you deliver the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo April 8th 10, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 37
Posted By Charlie Money
Alfa 156 JTD

On Apr 8, 8:15*am, "Jim" > wrote:
> How do you find the 1.9 JTD??

I reckon the 1.9JTD is a fantastic engine, plenty of grunt, very
relaxed cruising at 90+ on the motorway and...
Forum: Alfa Romeo February 2nd 10, 01:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 0
Posted By Charlie Money
Anybody got an unwanted red 156 key fob?

Hi there

The key fobs for my 156 is starting to get very temperamental due to
wear. Does anybody have a red fob that they no longer need (car
scrapped or whatever)? My indie Alfa guy tells me it...
Forum: Alfa Romeo February 1st 10, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 4
Posted By Charlie Money
How to find Alfa Radio Codes

Hi all

Any ideas for getting hold of the radio code other than paying Alfa/
Fiat £35 + VAT?

Bought a 156 with a dead battery and the seller didn't know the radio
code.

Cheers
Charlie
Forum: Alfa Romeo January 18th 10, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 34
Posted By Charlie Money
How to tell a different trim version

Thanks all

Interesting that DVLC has it listed as a Selespeed, which it clearly
isn't (and I wouldn't be interested in buying anyway).

In terms of used prices, Parkers shows a max price of about...
Forum: Alfa Romeo January 17th 10, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 34
Posted By Charlie Money
How to tell a different trim version

Hi all

Looking at buying an older 156 T-spark as a second car. Struggling to
work out what trim level/designation it is and nothing to really give
me any cluse.

It's a 2000 2.0 T-Spark with full...
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 22nd 09, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 57
Posted By Charlie Money
Poor 156

On Sep 16, 9:47*pm, Catman > wrote:
> > Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! *One day it will
> > drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> > decent...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 27th 09, 11:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Money
Tyre recommendations - 156 SW

Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16) Need new front
tyres to replace the Uniroyal Rainsports I have at the moment. They
lasted about 26,000 miles (is that reasonable?). I reckon...
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 3rd 08, 09:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Money
156 SW weird judder

Thanks for the suggestions - tried swapping front for rear (having
checked the tires thoroughly for signs of saw-toothing or any other
issues), but didn't solve the problem.

Took it to an Alfa...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 25th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Money
156 SW weird judder

Sounds a little weird to me, that vibration that seems to be coming
through the front passenger side could be down to a cupped rear
tyre... But I'll take a look.

Plan at the moment is to swap the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 24th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Money
156 SW weird judder

Hi all

Anybody got any ideas - it's doing mine and my garage's heads in...

2005 156 Sportwagon 1.9 JTD 16 valve manual

I'm getting a vibration that seems to be originating from the front
passenger...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 6th 08, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 17
Posted By Charlie Money
Can front shocks be reconditioned?

A quick update - I rang around and was surprised at how cheap
replacement units are (how often can you say that?). I've only ever
bought motorcycle shock absorbers previously, and they tend to be...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 6th 08, 10:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 17
Posted By Charlie Money
Can front shocks be reconditioned?

I've got a 2005 1.9 multijet diesel sportwagon. The front end is
bottoming out really badly, even on relatively minor dips in the road,
with the front spoiler scraping worryingly on the road....
Forum: Alfa Romeo November 20th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By Charlie Money
159 on Top Gear

On Nov 19, 7:36 pm, Catman > wrote:
> SteveH wrote:
> > GT > wrote:
>
> >> "Catman" > wrote in message
Forum: Alfa Romeo September 4th 07, 10:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By Charlie Money
Power windows/stereo 156 Sportwagon

On Sep 3, 10:36 pm, "Malcolm Osborne" > wrote:
> RTFM !
>
> There's a programmable setting on the radio, to determine if it should
> switch off or not with the ignition. I would...
Forum: Alfa Romeo August 14th 07, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By Charlie Money
Power windows/stereo 156 Sportwagon

Anybody have any ideas about a couple of gremlins I am experiencing
with my 2005 1.9 JTD?

With my windows, they stop working if one of the front doors is opened
when the ignition (engine) is on. The...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 28th 07, 10:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Charlie Money
Sportwagon question for the group

On Jun 26, 9:19 pm, "Alex cotgreave" > wrote:
> Does anyone out there own one (especially interested in an oill burner).
>
> Can anyone tell me what the drive is like? Parts?...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 25th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By Charlie Money
Roof Rails for 156 Sportwagons?

Anybody got any suggestions for mounting a roofbox on a 156
Sportwagon?

I checked with a dealer who said that roof rails could be retrofitted
(to allow crossbars and box mountings to be attached),...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19