Showing results 1 to 25 of 102
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave in Lake Villa
Forum: Corvette July 3rd 08, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Bloomingto0n Gold

What did you pay for the 1970 out of curiousity ? 350 cid motor ?
Forum: Corvette January 8th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
drunk driving

I wouldnt be surprised if Drunk offenders in a car crash stood a better
chance of survival , being perhaps in a totally relaxed state and
reasonably numb to pain (?) . Just a hypothesis.
Forum: Corvette January 8th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
drunk driving

Im sure there are lots of drunks who walk away virtually unscathed from
a bad accident as well as those that dont. I was a witness to a drunk
driver hitting a Korean family in their car, broadside,...
Forum: Corvette October 23rd 07, 12:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
window tinting

'IL NO ANY% ANY% 6" NET
'

REPLY: This is good news.
Forum: Corvette October 23rd 07, 12:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
window tinting

'I can sure understand why law enforcement is against dark window
tinting !
--
'Key'

REPLY: Me too .
Forum: Corvette October 23rd 07, 12:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 45
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Thought about returning in a c5

'Please no flames. I am a Corvette fan. The M3 stats up very close to
vette. Look.'

REPLY: I regret that you took it as a flame ; not my intention. I can
see you like Corvettes. The Corvette is...
Forum: Corvette October 22nd 07, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 45
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Thought about returning in a c5

It comes down to : Do you want a Family Car or a Sports Car (an M3 or a
Corvette) ? Lastly, had you taken that 2000 Vette thru some turns ,
you would have found out about its superior handling in...
Forum: Corvette October 21st 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
window tinting

Here in Illinois, if you can prove you need dark window tinting to
drastically cut down on bright sunshine due to an eye(s) condition, you
can get away with Limo dark tint. I keep my prescription...
Forum: Corvette October 10th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
dumb questions but gotta ask

If you want to be able to speed right past the cops drive a "stock" not
"flashy" pickup truck. They (almost) NEVER pull over trucks for simply
speeding...

"they sure do pull over trucks in my...
Forum: Corvette October 10th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
First Post, looking for advice (0/1) - DSC00578.JPG

The C4/1995 is going to be more fun to drive in my estimation ; it will
be faster, more reliable, and with better technology. You should be
aware that you can get into a good used C5 generation...
Forum: Corvette October 10th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 19
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
dumb questions but gotta ask

'How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car for a long trip
(for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? '

REPLY: The newer Corvettes have the typical stiff ride that a sports
car is...
Forum: Corvette October 9th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
First Post, looking for advice (0/1) - DSC00578.JPG

'so question is, is the newer one, even with 90k, going to be more
trouble free then the older one.'

REPLY: It most likely will be less problematic than the older one even
given the mileage . It...
Forum: Corvette October 8th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
C6 Glass Cleaning

'High risk of scratching the glass using newspaper ; '

must not be a very high risk !
been using news-paper for 39 years and hadn't scratched a glass yet..
at least nothing obvious.
--
'Key...
Forum: Corvette October 8th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

'Replace all your ground cables... the one to the crossover from the
battery box and frame to block and the one in the pass front wheel
well.'

REPLY: And, use Star Washers for a tight connection.
Forum: Corvette October 7th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
C6 Glass Cleaning

'I do use Windex w/out ammonia with the news paper.
--
'Key'

REPLY: High risk of scratching the glass using newspaper ; Terry cloths
are safer .
Forum: Corvette October 7th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
71 W/ starting problem

Keep the original starter for its casting number so later you'll have a
numbers matching engine.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
If you end up replacing the Starter, get a mini gear Starter as they
have...
Forum: Corvette October 5th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
71 W/ starting problem

If you end up replacing the Starter, get a mini gear Starter as they
have more torque and will provide a greater distance from the exhaust .
Forum: Corvette October 5th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
My 2nd vette, a 1961

Wow..id say that looks pretty clean ! Congrat's .
Forum: Corvette October 2nd 07, 01:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
C6 Glass Cleaning

I had good luck with SPRAYWAY aerosol window cleaner . It is in an old
fashioned looking can . Comes out sort of in a foam consistency and
doesnt streak or leave residue . Runs $4.00 and is a good...
Forum: Corvette October 1st 07, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Blue Devil

'My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. '

REPLY: I experience the same with my 2006 C6 ; I seldom nail it from a
start, but yesterday i was in a jam trying to turn left...
Forum: Corvette October 1st 07, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Blue Devil

'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and
under 11.25 on EMT's.'

REPLY: All the test results ive read on the C6/ZO6 has it coming in at
11.7 on EMT's. If it will do...
Forum: Corvette September 30th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
Blue Devil

'I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp
w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to
come out in 2009. * It's currently known as the Blue...
Forum: Corvette September 25th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter ?

'That leaves hot and fire, sounds like dave's worst nightmare.'

REPLY: No...i like bonfires at night with marshmellows roasting.
Forum: Corvette September 24th 07, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter?

I envy those guys in Arizona who can drive their vettes year round .
But im sure the summer sun fades the paint pretty quick.
Forum: Corvette September 23rd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave in Lake Villa
OT - Camaro LT1 cooling / durability question

Tom, I think your friend should pass on this car quite frankly ; if
the seller isnt disclosing what the problem is with it , then, it is
not the kind of car that is wise to buy. There are tons...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 102