Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 1.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: peter
Forum: Mazda June 19th 11, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
alternative way to extract cel/mil codes

On Jun 18, 1:57*pm, charlie > wrote:

> If you have a 99 (maybe some 97s) or later, there are no blink codes for
> the ECU. The tens to ground forces "open loop", and has no...
Forum: Mazda June 18th 11, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
alternative way to extract cel/mil codes

hi,

i read my cel/mil codes just a couple weeks ago, (o2 sensor was
replaced). the lite comes on again but now the data link connector
doesnt want to give the codes up, i must have mung it u...
Forum: Mazda May 6th 11, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
95: need cps and tps connectors part 2

i cant find anyone, (fm, local boneyard), to let me cut the connectors
i need off the harness.
so i thought if i could determine other applications with the same
connectors i would have more sucess....
Forum: Mazda April 22nd 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
95: need cps and tps connectors

hi,

swmbo's 95 with a jr/sc has been stumbling at steady throttle,
especially when cold, so i decided to solder the cam pos sensor and
throttle pos sensor wires where the blower related wires had...
Forum: Mazda April 22nd 11, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
****** reading codes on '95

On Apr 19, 2:04*pm, charlie > wrote:
> On 4/19/2011 7:34 AM, peter wrote:> hi guys,
> > swmbo's 95 m-ed is throwing a code and i forget how to get the lite to
> > blink out the...
Forum: Mazda April 19th 11, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
****** reading codes on '95

hi guys,

its been awhile, i been up to my eyeballs in optician school which is
almost over.

swmbo's 95 m-ed is throwing a code and i forget how to get the lite to
blink out the codes.
i thought it...
Forum: Mazda December 24th 10, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By peter
Power antenna upgrade -1997 miata

On Dec 21, 8:32*pm, Hal > wrote:
> All,
> Thanks,
> Chris

first check the simple stuff

- is there a fuse blown, either at the unit of in the fuse block.
- is there power getting...
Forum: Mazda November 29th 10, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
95 m-ed is spittin g

On Nov 28, 10:41*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> "peter" > wrote in message
>

> Nice car! I was just admiring one I saw for sale. I love that color. Wish...
Forum: Mazda November 27th 10, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
95 m-ed is spittin g

hi,

95 w-ed w/ sebring blower, (~12k on the rebuilt drive train, 125k on
chassis), generally runs fine however, there are times the tach
jumps 3-400 rpm and the car spits/hesitates/stumbles. ...
Forum: Mazda September 14th 10, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By peter
Tires for a '90 Miata

On Sep 9, 8:50*pm, Arye > wrote:
> It's time to replace the Kumhos on my '90 Miata. My thinking is to go up
> one size (from 185/60R14 to 195/60R14), to compensate for the...
Forum: Mazda September 14th 10, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By peter
35.97 mpg...

On Sep 12, 12:05*am, Donwill > wrote:
> On 07/09/2010 19:44, Tim M. wrote:
>
> > ... was my calculated[1] fuel consumption rate for an ~84 mile drive
> > from...
Forum: Mazda September 14th 10, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
cat heat shields

hi,

the heat shields around swmbo's 95 m-ed with custom exhauste were
rattling like a mother-in-laws tongue so i pulled them off...will
there be any isues by doing this?

tia,
peter
Forum: Mazda September 14th 10, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By peter
35.97 mpg...

On Sep 9, 11:06*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> "Chuck" > wrote in message

> > Looks like your trip might...
Forum: Mazda September 8th 10, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Aug 28, 3:36*pm, peter > wrote:
> hi,

i got ****y and used jb weld. the mast is a bit wobbly but......
Forum: Mazda September 8th 10, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Sep 3, 12:49*am, Chuck > wrote:
> On 9/2/2010 3:34 PM, XS11E wrote:> Domagoj > *wrote:
>
> >> I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut...
Forum: Mazda August 30th 10, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Aug 30, 3:15*pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:

> perhaps the part can be cannibalized from someones broken power antenna
> unit.

me thinks superglue and a prayer it never...
Forum: Mazda August 30th 10, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Aug 29, 10:03*pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> On 8/28/2010 3:36 PM, peter wrote:
>

> > hi,
>
> > i went to look at something in a defunct car dealer's lot which had
Forum: Mazda August 29th 10, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Aug 29, 10:44*am, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> "peter" > wrote in message

Forum: Mazda August 29th 10, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

On Aug 28, 3:36*pm, peter > wrote:

> any suggestion on how to get the chrome collar to hold tight?

Nothing? i am the only one to have this happen to?

peter
Forum: Mazda August 28th 10, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By peter
a different antenna issue

hi,

i went to look at something in a defunct car dealer's lot which had
nylon rope across the driveway. the car easily went under the
rope...except the antenna which got yanked out. no big deal,...
Forum: Mazda August 22nd 10, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
torquing the crank bolt

On Aug 21, 11:40*am, Hal > wrote:

> You are using 5th gear right? If you can't get the E-brake to hold the
> drivetrain still, your next option would be to have a helper come...
Forum: Mazda August 21st 10, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
torquing the crank bolt

hi,

i am trying to torque the crank pulley bolt on my 95 to 120# with
tranny in gear and brakes set but cant get to hold. i do not see any
access/inspection panel to be able to jam the...
Forum: Mazda August 6th 10, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
opps: anti freeze

> Yes...BUT...the thermostat will put a serious damper on your ability
> to flush out what is in the block. It might be easier to just pull the
> thermostat and put your hose bib right into the void...
Forum: Mazda August 2nd 10, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
opps: anti freeze

hi,

i have recently been reading about anti freeze and wonder if i have
done something bad.
put a rebuilt motor in my 96 and thinking dex-cool was better, used
it.
i am now thinking that is not...
Forum: Mazda August 1st 10, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By peter
95 radiator cracked

On Jul 31, 2:32*pm, peter > wrote:
> hi,
>
> wife came home last night saying the car was steaming and very hot.
> today as i looked at it i see a crack near the upper hose. *is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82