Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Forum: Technology June 17th 14, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Maximum Tire pressure (a police perspective)

I have driven large RWD cars most of my life, although not quite as heavy
as a cop Crown Vic.
I would never put more than 40 PSI in the tyres.
Forum: Technology May 4th 14, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Car storage question

On Friday, May 2, 2014 2:16:21 AM UTC+8, wrote:
> my moms 2011 Subaru outback needs to be stored for an indefinite period of
>
> time....possibly a couple of years........how to...
Forum: Technology April 18th 14, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Smart fourtwo is a joke

I just came across the specs:
turning circle is 8.75 m
For a micro-car that is pathetic. A Triumph TR7 had same turning circle
(with wheelbase a foot longer). So, the fourtwo steering angle is only...
Forum: Technology November 24th 13, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
2WD SUV me-too ****boxes

Even Jeep and Range Rover are making this garbage now.
Even worse they are FWD.
Does anybody make a RWD SUV? I can onlt think of the Ford Territory
offhand.
Forum: Technology September 15th 13, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Nissan NV200 (London taxi) weird driveshafts

The Nissan NV200 was a bog standard MPV on the Nissan-Renault B platform.
Nissan wanted to get the London taxi market, but the NV200 is FWD.
So they added an extra universal joint to driveshafts,...
Forum: BMW September 11th 13, 10:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
why FWD stinks

I have compared turning circles from two RWD makes (BMW and Holden) and two FWD makes (Buick and Citroen). I did a linear regression of turning circle versus wheelbase using at least 5 medium to...
Forum: Technology August 27th 13, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 105
Posted By [email protected]
JB's hatred of BMW because a BMW driver was mean to him once

On Monday, August 26, 2013 9:56:06 PM UTC+8, Nate Nagel wrote:

> Look, I'm not saying that a BMW is the most technically sophisticated
>
> vehicle out there. If it were, it'd cost twice as...
Forum: Technology August 27th 13, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 105
Posted By [email protected]
fwd **** propagation

On Monday, August 26, 2013 11:07:42 AM UTC+8, T0m $herman wrote:
> The Mini and the first generation Civic are the same basic concept -
>
> note that eventually everyone followed suit, with...
Forum: Technology August 27th 13, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
brake upgrades effect on ESC

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:23:01 AM UTC+8, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> The whole point of the wheel sensors is to determine what the wheels
>
> are doing. So I see no reason why you can't do pretty...
Forum: Technology August 26th 13, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
brake upgrades effect on ESC

Cars today have ABS, EBD, ESC, "active city stop", self-parking
and more.
I am wondering what happens if you upgrade the brakes (not with
OEM brakes). About 10 years ago, I put bigger rotors and...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10