Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gyzmologist[_2_]
Forum: Saturn December 13th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Saturn on GM's chopping block?

Jay R wrote:
> One of my neighbors is sales manager for a Saturn dealer. He indicated that
> while it and most of the brands will go away, the popular models will stay.
>
> He also said the only...
Forum: Saturn December 13th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Who killed the electric car (old thread)

The Tesla Roadster will go 244 miles on a charge.

http://www.teslamotors.com

By contrast the Chevy Volt will only go 40 miles on a charge - how lame
is that! If that is enough for someone to get...
Forum: Saturn October 6th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Timing Belts vs Chains

marx404 wrote:
> As the Astra has a timing belt (as did the L300 V6 and the Honda-powered V6
> VUE) and all other Saturs have a timing chain, I wanted to stsrt a thread on
> the pros and cons of...
Forum: Saturn October 6th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Opinion and experience with Sky?

Leythos wrote:
> I'm thinking of purchasing a New 2008 or used 2008 Sky Red Line, been
> reading a lot about it on many sites, anyone own one that wants to
> comment?

We have an '07 Sky with the...
Forum: Chrysler August 25th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 27
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Chrysler Suicide Watch 37: No Lease on Life

Art wrote:

> My wife drives a Camry Hybrid and gets at least 35 mpg in city and
> highway.... better than EPA figures.

I'm not impressed with the hybrids at all. I have a '94 Eclipse 2.0L...
Forum: Saturn August 25th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Interesting take on Ethanol and flex fuels

> it's bull**** lip flapping; hydrogen fuel makes the most sense,
> universally available, easy to produce and a significant source of
> energy; this flex fuels nonsense is just more footdragging...
Forum: Dodge August 25th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 2
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
1994 3.3L Will not start

Rick_T wrote:
> I have a difficult no-start problem on a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> As reported to me, the car was running when the engine suddenly died;
Forum: Saturn August 1st 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen

marx404 wrote:
> Ever get the feeling that the only alternative gas that is truly powering
> the auto industry is methane? (as in hot air, farts, bullsh*t....). GM (and
> Saturn) has what it needs...
Forum: Saturn August 1st 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
steering wheel locks

New & Improved - N/F John wrote:
> I had a 2001 L200 that ate the keys. The keys got so worn you could remove
> the key with the engine running. Sounds like the ignition locks were lousy
> on these...
Forum: Chrysler June 23rd 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
How to convert your car to run on water

David wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I'm just letting you know about a new product I ordered yesterday, and
> thought I'd let you know about it.
>
> Run Your Car With Water Today - Double your gas mileage...
Forum: Dodge June 7th 08, 07:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
1998 neon expresso with 40,000 km has oil leak problem?

K.White wrote:
> I bought this car off a dealership lot.
> It had a true 40,000 km odometer reading.
> It burned a lot of oil.
> I brought it to mech and he said the 1of 4 (or all 4)cam sensor O
Forum: Dodge June 7th 08, 07:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 6
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Problem

> [snip] I'd give a lot, to have a good late 60's-early 70's
> hydraulically-controlled transmission available to me in a new car.
> The advent of electronics has been good for engine management,...
Forum: Dodge June 7th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Cruise control in 98 Stratus

maxpower wrote:
> "Patok" > wrote in message ...
>> Since the I've had the car ('98 Stratus, 180,000+ miles now) the
>> cruise control has...
Forum: Chrysler June 7th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.dodge

maxpower wrote:
> "Patok" > wrote in message ...
>> Since the I've had the car ('98 Stratus, 180,000+ miles now) the
>> cruise control has...
Forum: Chrysler April 19th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
1994 Caravan 2.5 mystery

Satan Himself wrote:
> This van has 170,000 miles and the other day, when
> I went out to the car, I unlocked it, and the radio
> was blaring (and the digital display lit up)even though there was no...
Forum: Dodge February 28th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 2
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Improve your Milage by 50%

Ripcord wrote:
> Now this is a bunch of bull ****! When i was young I did a little experiment
> breaking down water into it's 2 basic elements and from that i was only able
> to get about 1 cubic...
Forum: Dodge February 28th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
timing belt problems

wrote:
> My timing belt has gone. I had it happen to my '93 talon, and now my
> '97 neon. My neon has over 250,000 miles on it (it is hard to pin
> point exactly how much,...
Forum: Dodge February 10th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,alt.autos.dodge.truck,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 20
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
My last Dodge/Chrysler Purchase

ma wrote:
> http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/
>
> Mike

I know what you mean. I think you'd be much better off with a Ford. I
had a '98 Mustang that I bought new, so I know this...
Forum: Dodge February 10th 08, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
radio code

John Moore wrote:
> i have a 2006 dodge 3500 sprinter van need to get the code for the
> radio.

Call a local dealer, they'll be able to help you.

--
Gyz
Forum: Chrysler February 2nd 08, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

wrote:
> Anyone have experience with Motorcraft oil? While shopping for oil, I
> saw that they have a synthetic blend that is only $2.49 a quart. All
> others were $2.89 or more.
Forum: Saturn February 2nd 08, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

You might consider a 5-speed as any automatic can (will) have quirks. My
wife's 07 Sky has an automatic transmission that annoys the crap out of
me because it up-shifts way too soon. The dealer...
Forum: Saturn February 2nd 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
Ion Front Alignment

somebody wrote:

> They covered the tire cost, hardly a bargin given the hours spent
> changing tires, getting out to wife's work, etc.
>
> Are there any chains that are any good?

Snow chains are...
Forum: Saturn January 30th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
1996 SL2 Won't Start

wrote:
> Okay, I'll start by saying I've dug through the internet looking to
> solve this problem and haven't found an answer yet so I came here. I
> have a 96 SL2 that won't...
Forum: Chrysler January 29th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
The Way to Paradise

You forgot to mention that your god Allah wants you to kill me, a
Christian infidel, so that you can go to paradise.

The God of the bible wants me to reach out to you in love so we can go
to...
Forum: Chrysler January 29th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist[_2_]
The Way to Paradise

Like all other religions, just a bunch of crap. Religion is as much
rebellion against God as sin. If you don't come to God on His terms, you
are in rebellion. I don't know what kind of a god you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39