Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 1.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gyzmologist
Forum: Chrysler November 17th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Gyzmologist
600 Horsepower Viper Now Out

Not a comparison at all, just stating different approaches to achieve
the same end result. What's so great about getting 600 HP out of 8.4L?
Using displacement for HP is real low-tech - even Ford...
Forum: Chrysler November 15th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Gyzmologist wrote:
> wrote:
>> To see the link go to
>> http://www.corvettehacks.com
>> Click on Classic and Collector Cars
>> Bill
>>
> Or you could go to www.ffwd.com and see...
Forum: Chrysler November 15th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

wrote:
> To see the link go to
> http://www.corvettehacks.com
> Click on Classic and Collector Cars
> Bill

Or you could go to www.ffwd.com and see an 800 HP 2.0L Turbo. If...
Forum: Chrysler November 15th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist
Crate Engine

wrote:
> Hi, I've just gotten interested in the build it myself deal. Who
> turns out the best quality Crate Engines? Cr http://tinyurl.com/34ktyo

I wouldn't trust a crate...
Forum: Dodge November 3rd 07, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist
2000 Dodge Neon with 80,000

I disagree that this is normal especially since you changed the oil
every 3000 miles. There are many possibilities, we just have to
determine where the oil is going. Do you see any oil spots under...
Forum: Chrysler October 27th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Gyzmologist
New Car Mitsubishi Lancer

who wrote:
> In article >,
> john > wrote:
>
>> Good News to read!! An everyday sedan with a sporty demeanor.
>> With the...
Forum: Chrysler October 24th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist
98 caravan 3.3 poor gas mileage

Mike wrote:
> "Gyzmologist" > wrote in message
>> Exhaust gas is inert.
>
> Correct
>
> Adding it to the intake stream increases the
Forum: Chrysler October 13th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist
Avenger 2.5 Question

It's not that hard to pull the intake plenum (upper manifold). Be sure
to plug the lower intake manifold (on the engine) with paper towels so
nothing falls inside, and use a torque wrench to...
Forum: Chrysler October 13th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist
98 caravan 3.3 poor gas mileage

Exhaust gas is inert. Adding it to the intake stream increases the
charge density and thus the amount of gas that will be expanded by
ignition. The results will vary with different types of engine...
Forum: Dodge October 10th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist
1999 Dodge Stratus - lower control arm

EARNHARDT3 Last wrote:
> your not getting bad parts you just have a bad car.
> my dad HAD a dodge stratus and had changed the tie rod ends 3 times and
> also the trouble your having with yours about...
Forum: Chrysler October 8th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist
"Diesel Car Digest"

Bret Ludwig wrote:
> Does anyone have copies of this late 70s/early 80s magazine??

Isn't that the magazine that praised the GM V8 diesel that was used in
the Olds 98? And wasn't that the second...
Forum: Chrysler October 8th 07, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Gyzmologist
Tailgating

Did you know that brake fluid is an excellent paint remover? It's not
instant gratification; it takes about an hour for the results to appear,
which should place you a safe distance from the...
Forum: Chrysler October 8th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist
98 caravan 3.3 poor gas mileage

Check the EGR valve to see if it is stuck closed.

wrote:
> Asking for advice
> 1998 Caravan SE 3.3 163K
> Starting back in May my mileage dropped from 18.5mpg in city driving
Forum: Saturn September 24th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist
07 ION 3?

I agree with you Bassplayer12. The engine had 36,000 miles on it since a
rebuild before I switched to Amzoil. Three months later #5 main bearing
failed and took the #4 rod bearing with it. It...
Forum: Saturn September 23rd 07, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By Gyzmologist
07 ION 3?

I agree. If you switch to synthetic oil too soon it will take longer to
break-in your engine. I have been using Mobile-1 5W30 in my Dodge
Stratus since 36000 miles (due to warranty) and change the...
Forum: Dodge September 23rd 07, 07:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Gyzmologist
94 Spirit - 2.5 Flexplate

My guess is the flexplate was already cracked. It seams hitting a dear
would be a frontal impact. Because the engine and transaxle are mounted
sideways it would require a radial impact (from the...
Forum: Dodge September 23rd 07, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist
Dodge Stratus 1998 Brake problem

Try adjusting the rear brakes. If they are out of adjustment it will
require a lot of pedal travel to get the brakes to engage. The smallest
things cause the biggest problems.

Gyz

Odie wrote:
Forum: Dodge September 23rd 07, 07:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 1
Posted By Gyzmologist
Well, the world is certainly looking grim, isn't it? 60874

Not sure what their game is, but Jesus did say "Follow me and I will
make you fisher of men." I don't remember the verse (I could look it
up), but He was speaking to a couple of His apostles....
Forum: Chrysler September 17th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Gyzmologist
Are you Lucky - Win 2007 Mustang GT

I had a '98 Mustang, why would I want to make the same mistake twice?

wrote:
> This new 2007 Mustang Coupe GT could be yours. Take a short survey
> today for your chance to win...
Forum: Saturn September 4th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Gyzmologist
2007 Sky Automatic Transmission

BläBlä wrote:

>> All of this sounds nice, but in reality the TCM & ECU are guessing what
>> the driver would want based upon conditions, and too often guesses wrong
>> (like Microsoft &...
Forum: Dodge August 15th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 15
Posted By Gyzmologist
Life time Powertrain Limited warranty

It could have been a factory incentive unit that didn't cost the dealer
a cent (buy 10 get 1 free). These incentive vehicles often end up as
demos or used for promotional events. I don't think the...
Forum: Chrysler July 25th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Gyzmologist
HELP PLEASE: 96 GD. CARAVAN STUCK IN 2ND GEAR.

There are also pressure sensors, two from what I can remember, probably
used by the TCM to recalibrate itself (at least, that's how I would have
done it). Not sure what the symptom would be if...
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 20
Posted By Gyzmologist
Dodge Stealth engine shudders when under a load.

KYHighlander wrote:
> My Stealth has been in the garage for about 4 years without having been
> driven much. Now when you drive it you get a shudder. I put some Lucas fuel
> cleaner in it and I'm...
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Gyzmologist
HELP PLEASE: 96 GD. CARAVAN STUCK IN 2ND GEAR.

There are a number of sensors in the transmission that the TCM needs to
coordinate shifts. If any one of these fail, it will enter into limp
mode. My '90 Voyager did the same thing, and the turbine...
Forum: Chrysler July 16th 07, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By Gyzmologist
engine swaps

Chrysler has sold two different types of 2.5L engines (I4 and V6), and
this causes some confusion. If your Voyager has the 4-cylinder engine,
then the modifications to changeover to the V6 is more...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62