Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Simon Bothwell
Forum: Alfa Romeo March 30th 11, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Instrument lights

Thanks everybody, I think I will live with it as I don't drink and would
risk starting!!
"simon bothwell" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo March 28th 11, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Instrument lights

I have a bulb gone in the Temp gauge of my 156 and can't find an easy way of
replacing it, any ideas?
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 17th 10, 10:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 1
Posted By Simon Bothwell
156 pollen filter

I recently removed the pollen filter from my '99 2.0 TS, it didn't have a
cover over the housing and now water is pouring in after any amount of rain!
Should it have had some form of cover, if so I...
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 1st 10, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Simon Bothwell
we buy any car dot com

I did the same with my '99 2.0 156, ( 75,000 miles ) they offered £385! I've
also been told that when you deliver the vehicle to their depot they keep
you hanging around for hours then offer an...
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 21st 09, 10:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

Problem solved, thanks everyone for the info.
"Catman" > wrote in message
> Simon Bothwell wrote:
>> Am waiting for...
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 18th 09, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

Am waiting for the residual dampness to go before I can say.
"Catman" > wrote in message
> Simon Bothwell wrote:
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 13th 09, 01:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

EUREKA! but somebody had knacked two of the Torx screws. Have removed the
soggy filter and binned it.
"Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 8th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

I've had a look and can only find a small panel where you say, I removed
this to find solid bulkhead behind it!
"Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 7th 09, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

Thanks everyone for the input,I will wait 'till it stops peeing it down and
have a look!
"Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo December 6th 09, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 40
Posted By Simon Bothwell
DAMP! 156

My 1999 156 is constantly damp internally, is there a pollen filter or
similar that could be holding water?
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 9th 09, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Foglight

Any offers would be welcome,156 drivers side foglight needed for M-O-T,
Forum: Alfa Romeo February 26th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Bothwell
156 powersteering problems

I had the same problem, a pinhole in the hydraulic pipe was allowing fluid
to escape on my '99 156 2.0L, wasn't too expensive. My colleague had the
same problem on his 2001 156. It must be common...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 28th 07, 11:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By Simon Bothwell
156 Heater motor

The heater motor on my 156 is screeching like a beaten bitch, what is
involved in its replacement? Looks like a lot of plastic has to be removed!
Any feedback would be welcomed.
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 21st 06, 09:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Stratstone in Leicester

Is that local to me or local to you?
" cupra" > wrote in message
> Simon Bothwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I collected Alfie from Car Care...
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 20th 06, 12:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Stratstone in Leicester

Hi all,
I collected Alfie from Car Care yesterday and apart from the fact that they
were sent the kit for a 2.5 instead of the 2.0 everything was fine. Total
cost for both belts was £247, a bit...
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 11th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Stratstone in Leicester

Update on this thread, the guy @Car Care has just rang me with a quote for
my cambelt, £100. + parts, have booked it in for tuesday next.
Simon B
"Simon Bothwell" >...
Forum: Alfa Romeo July 11th 06, 11:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Simon Bothwell
Stratstone in Leicester

Ay up me duck!
Since the demise of the devils spawn ( Reg Vardy ) i've been using Car Care
in Havelock st. and had excellent service at reasonable prices, the guy to
speak to is called Indy, nice...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17