Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Strickland
Forum: Jeep April 22nd 09, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Problem with fan blower ?

"James" > wrote in message
> This is a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. For about 3 months, my blower fan
> has
> been...
Forum: Jeep April 20th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 87
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Radio stopped working on low battery

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
>I do not know about the grand, but I do know that the stereo in a
> Cherokee...
Forum: Jeep April 19th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 87
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Radio stopped working on low battery

I do not know Jeep, specifically, on this function, but Toyota uses it
widely.

The idea is that nobody likes to call AAA because the battery is dead, so
they have discovered that a non-essential...
Forum: BMW April 19th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Bmw replacement dash bulbs

"barett" > wrote in message
>I need some replacement dash instrument bulbs 12v W3W wedge.
>
> Mine are clear bulbs but look orange...
Forum: BMW April 16th 09, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Strickland
P1738 - Pressure Control Solenoid "C" Electrical (BMW)

What, and where, is the Pressure Control Solenoid "C" on a '98 7 Series.

This is my brother-in-law's car. He's reporting that the car does not shift
properly -- I've not ridden in the car and I...
Forum: BMW April 12th 09, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW OBDII codes and connectors

"YKhan" > wrote in message
On Apr 11, 3:09 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> I believe that the...
Forum: BMW April 11th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Yousuf Khan" > wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>> "Yousuf Khan" > wrote in message
Forum: BMW April 11th 09, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW OBDII codes and connectors

"Yousuf Khan" > wrote in message
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> The problem is that it will ONLY show you the engine codes. And that's
>> sometimes...
Forum: BMW April 10th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW OBDII codes and connectors

Plug your laptop into his car and show him what is there.

OBD II should see the mfg specific codes, P1nnn, if they are present.

Your setup will connect to the data port in the passenger compartment...
Forum: Jeep April 9th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 58
Posted By Jeff Strickland
CJ-7 Key wont turn all the way

"Jo Baggs" > wrote in message

> "Jo Baggs" > wrote in message
>> Ok gang,
>> I...
Forum: BMW April 8th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Strickland
2000 E46 OBD code 1498

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Jeff Strickland >...
Forum: BMW April 7th 09, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Strickland
2000 E46 OBD code 1498

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Jeff Strickland >...
Forum: Jeep April 7th 09, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Time to replace alternator or wiring problem?

When my Charge Light came on, the brushes inside my alternator were worn
out.

"Mel P." > wrote in message
> Doug,
>
> I...
Forum: BMW April 7th 09, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Strickland
2000 E46 OBD code 1498

The Cam Sensor does a similar job as the points used to do way back when
they still used points.

The engine will not run with a failed cam sensor.

I'm a bit confused by the coeds you report. They...
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 58
Posted By Jeff Strickland
CJ-7 Key wont turn all the way

"Jo Baggs" > wrote in message

> "Jo Baggs" > wrote in message
>> Ok gang,
Forum: Jeep April 5th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 58
Posted By Jeff Strickland
CJ-7 Key wont turn all the way

"Jo Baggs" > wrote in message
> Ok gang,
> I need help. I went to start my 86 CJ-7 today. They key turned to the
> first detent...
Forum: BMW April 4th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i

The problem is diagnosing the problem. You can get the trouble code by
setting the Ignition to ON, and fully depressing and releasing the gas pedal
5 times within 5 seconds and holding your tongue...
Forum: BMW April 4th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i

Typically, no.

They gave me the build sheet for my car as I was buying parts. Visit your
local dealership and buy a Robert Bentley Publishers BMW 3 SERIES SERVICE
MANUAL, E36. It will help you...
Forum: BMW April 4th 09, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i

Take the VIN to the local dealership. They can provide you a build sheet
that describes all of the original equipment.

"Andy" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW April 4th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i

"tom_k" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep April 4th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Cam Sensor Screeching When Cold

"Will Honea" > wrote in message
> If it's driven by the gear on the cam, then the sensor is driven by a
> shaft
> and that will be subject...
Forum: BMW April 4th 09, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Strickland
BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i

"Andy" > wrote in message
>I am buying a 1995 BMW 320i. But the owner doesn't know the model. I don't
> think it says on the V5....
Forum: Jeep April 4th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Strickland
brake and turn signal

"csdude" > wrote in message
>I have a funny one;
>
> '79 cj5:
>
> when I hit the brake pedal, the...
Forum: Jeep April 4th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Cam Sensor Screeching When Cold

My idea is that it isn't the cam sensor. I don't know what it is, but I'd
not be expecting it to be the cam sensor. The cam sensor is essentially the
distributor. It's not really a distributor, but...
Forum: BMW March 27th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Jeff Strickland
Feedback on styling!