Showing results 1 to 25 of 256
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Speedy Jim[_2_]
Forum: VW air cooled June 3rd 11, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Jim Mais

On 5/18/2011 9:20 PM, Joey Tribiani wrote:
> How are ya buddy?

Still kickin'.

Thanks for the thought. :)

I still keep my finger in the VW pie,
but haven't had the time to stay on RAMVA.
Forum: VW air cooled December 1st 10, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
1938 VW found in Lithuania, some Finnish made parts used for

On 11/30/2010 7:24 AM, Jan Andersson wrote:

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=340552&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2880

WOW!!

Thank you so much for the alert to this...
Forum: VW air cooled November 3rd 10, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
T3 auto to manual

On 11/2/2010 4:14 AM, John wrote:
> Probably at some stage I,ll have to change my automatic T3 over to manual.
> I,ve got all the hardware off a donor car but is there a more simple way of
Forum: VW air cooled October 18th 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Leaking transaxle fluid

On 10/17/2010 7:53 PM, Scott wrote:
> On today's outing to the dunes, I had transmission fluid dripping.
> Fearing the worst and lacking my socket to pull the plug and check
> fluid levels, I came...
Forum: VW air cooled October 13th 10, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
So, What parts cant you get?

On 10/13/2010 8:03 AM, Jan Andersson wrote:
> Speedy Jim wrote:
>> On 10/11/2010 11:49 PM, DogDiesel wrote:
>>> Are some car parts not available. What about the fuel injected stuff. I'm
>>> trying to...
Forum: VW air cooled October 13th 10, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
So, What parts cant you get?

On 10/11/2010 11:49 PM, DogDiesel wrote:
> Are some car parts not available. What about the fuel injected stuff. I'm
> trying to figure what to stay away from.
>
> Besides rust.
>
> Vie been warned...
Forum: VW air cooled October 13th 10, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
auto stick?

On 10/12/2010 11:56 AM, LeRoy wrote:
> On 11/10/2010 9:45 PM, Joey Tribiani wrote:
>>
>> "LeRoy" > wrote in message
>>> I,m working on...
Forum: VW air cooled September 22nd 10, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Thinking about getting a beetle.

On 9/21/2010 8:34 PM, DogDiesel wrote:
> Hello, I've been a water-cooled VW person for many years. Saying that I'm
> well aware that VWs are maintenance heavy. And excluding air-cooled VWs. I
Forum: VW air cooled September 21st 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Brake problem and possible solution

On 9/21/2010 5:07 AM, Tuomas wrote:
> Hello!
>
> T34 has been sitting a long time (no-one knows how long) and its brakes stick if I brake, at
> three wheels: Left front wheel brake works as it...
Forum: VW air cooled September 9th 10, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
looking to ID 1100 engine

On 9/9/2010 12:40 AM, Mike wrote:
> Have an old 1100 (?) engine I was looking to find the vintage and
> specs for. It has the fuel pump side mounted and generator stand cast
> into case.
>
> The...
Forum: VW air cooled September 1st 10, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
replacing ignition switch

On 9/1/2010 10:29 AM, wrote:
>> Can I do it w/o removing the steering wheel?
>>
>> Looks like there's a screw underneath that may allow me to remove the cover.
>>
> What year/type...
Forum: VW air cooled September 1st 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
horn ground contact through lever?

Good photo.

Have you tried roughing up the contact surfaces with
abrasive just as an experiment to see if it will conduct?

Jim

Forum: VW air cooled August 31st 10, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On 8/30/2010 6:11 PM, Sam wrote:
> I'm fixing my horn on my '65 Ghia. I've troubleshooted by horn
> (problems included poor connection on the jumper to the steering box
> and a bad relay), and I'm...
Forum: VW air cooled August 8th 10, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
More symptoms in the electrics

On 8/7/2010 9:07 PM, Jan Andersson wrote:
> 73 really has a generator

Yep, until VIN 1132414931/1132438833, or thereabouts.
For US, other markets varied.

SJ
Forum: VW air cooled August 7th 10, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On 8/7/2010 8:51 AM, Olli Lammi wrote:
> Hello!
> ------
>
> Standard Beetle -73, 1300, 12V generator. The generator light has for some time had a tendency
> to glow lightly when brake pedal id...
Forum: VW air cooled August 5th 10, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Plugs and wipers

On 8/4/2010 3:33 PM, Olli Lammi wrote:
> Jan Andersson wrote:
>>

>>> 2) The wind screen wipers (-73 model standard beetle) have lost
>>> the "fast" option. Both on-positions in the switch move...
Forum: VW air cooled July 9th 10, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
$100 for a front end alignment?

John wrote:
> Both the upper and lower Ball Joints on my T3 are adjustable but the Service
> Manual says adjust the upper and then the lower as a last resort. I,ve set
> them up with the notch on...
Forum: VW air cooled July 4th 10, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
DIY anti theft advice

Bluedc wrote:
> Sorry to be a bit slow here but
>
> Before I start can can someone confirm that I have got this right. To
> ground the coil I simply need an wire with a switch in it from the
> (-)...
Forum: VW air cooled July 3rd 10, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Adios!

The Busman wrote:
> Sold my 63 Camper to my brother and find myself without a VW for the first
> time in 21 years. Just don't have the time or energy any more. Wanted to
> wish y'all good luck with...
Forum: VW air cooled June 17th 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Volkswagen 60 years in Finland

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Hello!
> ------
>
> VW of Finland has 60 year anniversary. They put up a vintage web site
> from 60 years ago. Configurator for Beetle etc. Sorry, the site is in
> Finnish:...
Forum: VW air cooled June 14th 10, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
73 super auto stick

LeRoy wrote:
> Speedy Jim wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled June 10th 10, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
73 super auto stick

LeRoy wrote:
> Speedy Jim wrote:
>> LeRoy wrote:
>>> Can anyone help me out to find a hose schematic diagram to the
>>> transmission vacuum solenoid switch as well as to the carburetor on a
>>> 73...
Forum: VW air cooled June 10th 10, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
73 super auto stick

LeRoy wrote:
> Can anyone help me out to find a hose schematic diagram to the
> transmission vacuum solenoid switch as well as to the carburetor on a 73
> Super. auto stick?
> I didn,t see anything...
Forum: VW air cooled May 19th 10, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Fuel line diameter

Mel wrote:
> Way back, I had replaced the metal fuel line that runs through the tunnel
> with one that runs alongside the tunnel on the inside of the car.
>
> I'm trying to find out if the diameter...
Forum: VW air cooled May 9th 10, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Speedy Jim[_2_]
Installed a new battery, blew a fuse, now my 78 Fuel InjectedVert won't start.