Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TonyJ[_3_]
Forum: Audi August 30th 10, 07:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Headlight Problem.

The T44 series put the power through the light switch but I think that
was changed to a relay system in the 90s and later models because it
caused a lot of problems.

Andre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My...
Forum: Audi August 19th 10, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Headlight Problem.

Search Google for your model and" headlight relay". There is one or or
possibly two that is activated by the low amperage light switch on the
steering column. The fuse is between the relay and the...
Forum: Audi December 28th 09, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
AUdi TT engine code P2181

Check the coolant filler tank to see if it is low. If so fill with Audi
coolant from the dealer. Do not use an alternative from the local parts
store. There are alternatives but you would need to...
Forum: Audi December 24th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi MOT jobs worth

You should be able to find experience on MotorGeek:
http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=fe58514e535694517add6bd7c031c7f6

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
> * Jon B:
>
>>> this was a smelly hanging...
Forum: Audi September 17th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi 5000CS Quattro Turbo - Stalling issue!

The fuel pump normally runs constantly when the engine is running and it
will still shut off when the ignition is turned off.

The risk is that in an accident the key will be on and the engine...
Forum: Audi September 13th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi 5000CS Quattro Turbo - Stalling issue!

Or leaking injectors causing flooding. Try a bottle of Techron injector
cleaner.

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> ign switch?
> loose intake boots?
> residual fuel pressure leaking down too fast!

Forum: Audi August 27th 09, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
1986 5000 CS Quattro Turbo Issues - Please advise

Trans sender is on the left side of trans just behind the axle IIRC.

The pump is under the rear seat and the connector near it can go bad.
Check, clean and re-connect. Test pump with the connector...
Forum: Audi August 2nd 09, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Changing A/C Pump

Press the ECON button.

Arney wrote:
> I need to change the A/C pump on my A4 2000.5. Is there anything that
> I need to know befroe I attempt the job? I really don't care if the A/
> C works but the...
Forum: Audi July 24th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
'90 V8 Quattro heater fan mostly not working

The type 44 series has a more common failure that can cause this. The
vacuum lines that control the heater flaps may be broken or the vacuum
motors that actuate the flaps may be failing. These are...
Forum: Audi July 23rd 09, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
axles done

Good to hear you got it done. You are probably getting to know that 4K
better that you expected.

miguelito wrote:
> Got a L axle with a proper-fitting cv overnight and installed tonight.
> Guess...
Forum: Audi July 21st 09, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 14
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Beeps on startup

I have read posts on the AW forum that say that the alarm is located in
the driver's side of the trunk. It is supposed to be located near the
wheel well and behind the trunk protector panels.

The...
Forum: Audi July 18th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
86 4kq axle update

Removing the 10mm bolts on the heat shield can be easier if you use a
bunch of extensions so that the wrench is out near the wheel where it
can be turned. Helps to have a helper to hold the socket...
Forum: Audi July 17th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
86 4kq front axle removal

I have had a problem like this and would say that after you are sure
that you have all the six bolts out of the inner and the axle isn't
binding on the outside (and free to move) try to hit the...
Forum: Audi July 4th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Audi 80 1.8s 1986 intermittent lack of power problem

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Could there be a loose baffle in the exhaust? I had one in my Passat and it
> literally killed all power when it closed off the exhaust flow.
>
> Someone already mentioned...
Forum: Audi June 15th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 11
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Diagnostic tools for Audi A4, 2002

http://www.ross-tech.com/

Jacek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to solve a very difficult problem which most likely
> involves a foulty electronic module. The back-up lights are
> constantly on and...
Forum: Audi May 30th 09, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
1990 100 Dies/Stalls when cornering

The recommendation that DC gave on the bad wiring on the hall sensor in
the distributor is the the first place I would check. I had forgotten
that common issue with the T44s in my first...
Forum: Audi May 27th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi

wrote:
> It has a lot of miles, but runs well--until recently. When I take a
> corner, it dies. The lights on the dash come on so it seems the whole
> system isn't shutting...
Forum: Audi March 6th 09, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
replasing the radiator tip

You must remove the front bumper and grill of the car. The radiator and
AC condenser come with it. You do not need to discharge the freon
because the lines all bend down easily. The process sounds...
Forum: Audi March 4th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Radiator fans run constantly, 92 100S (similar to A6). Suggestions?

Jon B wrote:
> 377 > wrote:
>

>> Any suggestions? If you think it is a relay or sensor, please tell me
>> part no or location of part and appearance if you know. Thanks,...
Forum: Audi February 9th 09, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
86 4kq master cyl question

Another component to consider is the 'bomb' aka hydraulic pressure
accumulator. Is is located under the engine just behind of the air
conditioning compressor. This holds residual pressure to assist...
Forum: Audi February 9th 09, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
Valve cover gasket done

I think that you are right about the valve stem seal but that should
only affect it after sitting for a while and would be very low oil
consumption. It will not be likely to get any worse of a long...
Forum: Audi February 8th 09, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
86 4kq master cyl question

I had a cracked expansion tank in one of my T44s. I tried a number of
things to seal it but none worked. I think that the dealer cost at that
time was only about $40.

The valve cover seal should...
Forum: Audi February 8th 09, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
86 4kq master cyl question

I had four T44 series and replaced several master cylinders. Each time
they failed a symptom was if I pushed the brake pedal down and it didn't
hold but slowly faded to the floor, it was a bad...
Forum: Audi January 27th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
1994 Audi A6 5cylinder petrol 2.3L

Dano58 wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2:36 am, Pedro > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please help. The apprentice at work is having major probs with his
>> new Audi. First off. Where is the...
Forum: Audi January 21st 09, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 13
Posted By TonyJ[_3_]
dum dum dum

The Brass Turner wrote:
> "A New Day" > wrote in message
>
>> Coming from the front end of my A4 2.4 V6 SE Sedan at 92k...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82