Showing results 1 to 25 of 189
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jcr
Forum: Driving October 7th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By jcr
Blind People Protest - Hybrid Cars Are Too Quiet

Jym Dyer wrote:
> =v= I agree that the overall problem is motorists who refuse to
> yield to pedestrians, which has morphed into a streetscape where
> pedestrians are largely not taken into account. ...
Forum: Jeep August 23rd 07, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

Huge wrote:
> On 2007-08-19, PerfectReign > wrote:
>

>> This laptop (Compaq NW9440 Centrino Duo/ 2GB RAM) came infected with Vista.

Forum: Audi August 23rd 07, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

Huge wrote:
> On 2007-08-19, PerfectReign > wrote:
>

>> This laptop (Compaq NW9440 Centrino Duo/ 2GB RAM) came infected with Vista.

Forum: Driving August 19th 07, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 36
Posted By jcr
Should they lower the speed limit?

DYM wrote:
> jcr > wrote in
> :
>
>> wrote:
>>> If you don't want it lowered because it would...
Forum: Jeep August 19th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

PerfectReign wrote:
> on Friday 17 August 2007 07:58 pm, someone posing as jcr took a rock and
> etched into the cave:
>
>> wrote:
>>> Have a problem with car air conditioner,...
Forum: Audi August 19th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

PerfectReign wrote:
> on Friday 17 August 2007 07:58 pm, someone posing as jcr took a rock and
> etched into the cave:
>
>> wrote:
>>> Have a problem with car air conditioner,...
Forum: Dodge August 18th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 10
Posted By jcr
adding daytime running lights to a 2006 stratus

slodog wrote:
> On Aug 15, 7:25 pm, jcr > wrote:
>> slodog wrote:
>>> I want to install an aftermarket drl module to my 2006 stratus. I need
>>> to splice into the high beam wire...
Forum: Driving August 18th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> If you don't want it lowered because it would take more time to get
> from Point A to Point B, why not just say so?

Shipping labor costs went up in the...
Forum: Jeep August 18th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

wrote:
> Have a problem with car air conditioner, go here
>
> http://car-air-conditioning.blogspot.com/

Yea, right. Click on a hyper link in a newsgroup from someone you...
Forum: Audi August 18th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By jcr
Air conditioners for cars!

wrote:
> Have a problem with car air conditioner, go here
>
> http://car-air-conditioning.blogspot.com/

Yea, right. Click on a hyper link in a newsgroup from someone you...
Forum: Dodge August 16th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge

slodog wrote:
> I want to install an aftermarket drl module to my 2006 stratus. I need
> to splice into the high beam wire going to one of the headlights. each
> light has 3 leads. Which color wire...
Forum: Driving August 16th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 41
Posted By jcr
Hypermiling / High fuel economy

Old Wolf wrote:
> On Aug 8, 1:43 pm, jcr > wrote:
>> Don't know. All I know is I get an average of ~28MPG in a mid-sized V6
>> sedan when I drive it for commuting in and out of...
Forum: Driving August 8th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Larry Mcmahan wrote:
> Are there any newsgroups on hypermiling or driving for high fuel
> economy? Would appreciate any references, as I have a number of
> questions regarding techniques.

Forum: Driving August 8th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By jcr
RLC's promoted with dishonesty by government

Somehow you seem a bit surprised!
Forum: Driving August 6th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By jcr
Check out Van with gas turbine helicopter engine

sara shh wrote:
> Watch out Van with gas turbine helicopter engine...
> http://dreamautocars.blogspot.com/2007/07/van-with-gas-turbine-helicopter-engine.html

Didn't the failed Tucker Car Company...
Forum: Driving July 25th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 56
Posted By jcr
Another Way to Fight Global Warming - Get rid of AC in cars

Bret Cahill wrote:

>>> I remember waking up one night in Tampa at about this time of year to
>>> get a blanket.
>
>>> In...
Forum: Driving July 10th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Replies: 55
Posted By jcr
A great way to slow down the deadly speeders who kill and maimkids every day on our highways

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> Idiot!!!! It's not speeding when you do it to stop speeding. Is a cop
> guilty of speeding when he goes 80 mph to pull over someone doing 80??
Forum: Driving July 10th 07, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics

Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein) wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein) wrote:
Forum: Driving July 10th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Replies: 55
Posted By jcr
A great way to slow down the deadly speeders who kill and maimkids every day on our highways

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Dust4slugs wrote:
>> On Jul 6, 8:18 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>> > wrote:
>>> Get right behind them and honk your...
Forum: Technology June 27th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By jcr
Who profits from high gas prices?

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:
> On Jun 27, 7:14 am, "*" > wrote:
>> One Maine gas station has closed down its gas pumps, and gone to service
>> bay work only.
>>
>> The...
Forum: Driving June 26th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By jcr
Why do people in convertibles drive with the top down when it'shot and humid?

rst wrote:
> Do they actually enjoy getting that stagnant, horrible blast of humid
> air in their faces?
>
> It always blows my mind when I see that.

As long as it's moving, it really isn't so...
Forum: Dodge June 18th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 1
Posted By jcr
Water pouring out from under dash - 97 GC

Recently, I've has buckets of water pour out from under the dash on the
passenger side of a 1997 Grand Caravan during rain storms. Also, I hear
a noticeable sloshing of water when making turns. ...
Forum: Driving June 11th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Replies: 108
Posted By jcr
Paris HIlton buys her way out of DUI jail sentence

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> First she was given 45 days for violating her probation for a DUI last
> year. Then it was cut to 23 days and it's just been announced she's
Forum: Driving June 3rd 07, 02:48 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 17
Posted By jcr
The results are in... - and now for a new poll

Fred G. Mackey wrote:
> Rich Piehl wrote:
>> Carl Rogers wrote:
>>

> Who here doesn't even bother to click on this spammers links?
>

> I do not.
It is a good way to get nabbed by malware such...
Forum: Driving June 3rd 07, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By jcr
Lady driven...