Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nosfatsug
Forum: Mazda November 26th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By nosfatsug
Where are you and your Miata?

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> Gus might be the one guy who is 'separated' from his Miata! Gus, I'll add
> you...
Forum: Mazda November 25th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By nosfatsug
Question on protocol

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:55:46 -0600, pws wrote:
>
>> Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>>> On Sat, 24 Nov...
Forum: Mazda November 25th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By nosfatsug
Where are you and your Miata?

> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
>> Well, Pat (PWS) has mentioned a couple of times that only a small handful
>> of folks...
Forum: Mazda October 30th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By nosfatsug
Engine Error Code 9: Water Thermistor

"Ken Lyons" > wrote in message

> Could it be just a loose wiring connection?
> --
> Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Forum: Mazda October 6th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By nosfatsug
Engine Error Code 9: Water Thermistor

Need some help to trouble shoot error code #9 for the Water Thermistor

I've been out of town and letting my daughter drive my Miata (91 BRG) to
school (all the guys think its cool that she can...
Forum: Mazda October 5th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By nosfatsug
Where should worn tires go, fornt or back?

Chris,

If it ever snows in Houston, we can go out in my Mazdaspeed 3 and give it a
try.

Gus

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message...
Forum: Mazda September 29th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By nosfatsug
Where should worn tires go, fornt or back?

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote

> But then, I'm an old 'yankee' who has never been convinced that fwd is an
> advantage over rwd in the snow or especially in icy conditions. This tends...
Forum: Mazda September 28th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By nosfatsug
Where should worn tires go, fornt or back?

What I had alway heard was to put the best tires on the rear with the logic
that spinning out of control was more dangerous than some understeer.

Gus 91 BRG

"pws" > wrote...
Forum: Mazda September 7th 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By nosfatsug
How to check if I have Torsen LSD

"pws" > wrote in message
> Jim wrote:
>
>> Discuss which color is best.
>>
>> Jim '93 red
>
> White is faster, black looks...
Forum: Mazda July 27th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13
Posted By nosfatsug
Trip report

"miker" > wrote in message

> Biggest negative: Crossing South Dakota on a 100 degree day. My Miata...
Forum: Mazda July 27th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By nosfatsug
Mazdaspeed versions - extra garage work needed or just fine?

"Bruno" > wrote in message

> But how is it to share the life with a Mazdaspeed version? Is the Turbo
> and...
Forum: Mazda July 6th 07, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 61
Posted By nosfatsug
Aftermarket intake questions

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> "nosfatsug" > wrote:
>
> No, this misses the exact...
Forum: Mazda July 6th 07, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 61
Posted By nosfatsug
Aftermarket intake questions

>>> "nosfatsug" > wrote:
>
>> So yes, go out and spend your hard
>> earned cash today for the good of the country and the world, but
>> first do the research, learn the facts, and...
Forum: Mazda July 5th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "nosfatsug" > wrote:
>
>> There is simply too much obfuscation so, I'm...
Forum: Mazda July 5th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 61
Posted By nosfatsug
Aftermarket intake questions

There is simply too much obfuscation so, I'm starting with a clean slate.
What I hear Leon saying is that at any given velocity of a car, lets say a
Miata for interest of this group, the power...
Forum: Mazda July 5th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Richard Phillips" > wrote in message
> Usenet wrote:
>> P.S. My 91 with over 210,000 miles doesn't use significant oil, still
>> shows good...
Forum: Mazda June 23rd 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By nosfatsug
I'd like to contact the Miata Club in Houston

Hi all,

For the next year my family will be staying in southern California so that
my daughter can finish high school while I am living and working in Houston.
I'm leaving my Miata behind for my...
Forum: Mazda June 3rd 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By nosfatsug
need 2 '01 miata wheels

"demo" > wrote in message

> Anyone have some stock wheels laying around???

If your looking for the 14 inch I have a set of 4...
Forum: Mazda April 27th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By nosfatsug
Dodge might try to compete with Mazda.

"Mal Osborne" > wrote

> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?

Not a chance. Detroit has never produced a car with Miata handling and as
for looks,...
Forum: Mazda April 22nd 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By nosfatsug
Engine died coming off the freeway!

While the ignition switch is a likely culprit, my bet is on a bad tank of
gas or simply accumulation of water and other crud in your tank.

Your symptoms remind me of a problem I had with a 70...
Forum: Mazda January 16th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By nosfatsug
How best to teach my daughter to drive a Miata

Lanny wrote

> Take her to an empty parking lot with a moderate slope. Her mission is
> to hold the car on the slope by slipping the clutch, eventually making
> it creep forward and back a couple of...
Forum: Mazda January 16th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By nosfatsug
How best to teach my daughter to drive a Miata

"Mal wrote
> Are you sure that is a good car to learn to drive in?

My daughter already knows how to drive and understands the difference
between a real car like the Miata and everything else that...
Forum: Mazda January 15th 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Pat Wrote:

> I still remember being 17 years old and buying my '78 280Z.

Intersting, I learned on a 73 240Z. It was my dad's car which I started
backing in and out of the garage so I could get...
Forum: Mazda January 15th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By nosfatsug
How best to teach my daughter to drive a Miata

Ken and Chris, Thanks for the advice. I couldn't agree with you more. I
survived teaching my wife to drive a 3 speed 68 Montigo back in college
after her father gave up. The best part was the...
Forum: Mazda January 15th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 25
Posted By nosfatsug
How best to teach my daughter to drive a Miata

Well, the time has come and I am now teaching my daughter to drive my Miata.
She quickly picked up the whole concept of a manual transmission and was out
on the open roads after a short practice...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26