Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: no way
Forum: Technology September 13th 12, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By no way
Automotive Legend Carroll Shelby dies at 89.

On Sep 12, 4:27*pm, JR > wrote:
> I saw that at motortrend.com

Um, like back in May !!!
Forum: Technology August 13th 12, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By no way
Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

On Aug 13, 5:01*am, AD > wrote:
> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
> about 1.3 liter went into the rear diff and 2.7 was left for the
> manual
Forum: Audi August 13th 12, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Replies: 19

On Aug 13, 5:01*am, AD > wrote:
> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
> about 1.3 liter went into the rear diff and 2.7 was left for the
> manual
Forum: Technology August 1st 12, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By no way
At home wheel balancing

On Jul 31, 6:41*pm, "Heron" > wrote:

Damn! Why are you making "rocket science" out of balancing a tire?!?!
Forum: Technology July 31st 12, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By no way
At home wheel balancing

Take them to a shop and have them balanced the right way!
Forum: Technology June 13th 12, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By no way
Redneck refrigerant recovery

You're just asking for trouble. 134 isn't that expensive. If you have
a "fleet" of vehicles and want to save money, buy a "real" re-claiming
station.
Forum: Technology May 8th 12, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By no way
Average cost of car ownership rises to $8,946 per year

On May 8, 9:32*am, jim beam > wrote:

> > "<> *ownership costs are assumed to be on a purchase of a new vehicle,
> > depreciated over five years. Finance charges are based on five...
Forum: Technology May 8th 12, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 8, 8:22*am, gpsman > wrote:

> "<> ownership costs are assumed to be on a purchase of a new vehicle,
> depreciated over five years. Finance charges are based on five...
Forum: Technology May 7th 12, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By no way
Average cost of car ownership rises to $8,946 per year

Seems awful high! Say fifty bucks a week in gas, $2,600 a year. Over
$6K for oil changes and maintenance! Damn if I spend that, and I drive
around 15K miles a year.
Forum: Technology April 18th 12, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By no way
Correct Tire Pressure ?

If the tires are wearing fine with 31 lbs, put them back to 31. The
oppisite is true, air pressure to low, (25 or under), will cause a
blow out. You would be surprised at the how much air you can...
Forum: Technology February 11th 12, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By no way
2012 Camry: Eyesore under the hood

On Feb 11, 9:27*am, Tegger > wrote:

> There has been nothing "removed".

> --
> Tegger

I disagree.
Forum: Technology February 11th 12, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By no way
2012 Camry: Eyesore under the hood

On Feb 10, 9:28*pm, Tegger >

> He's wrong.
>
> See the little tab above the #1 cylinder's runner? See how it has a
> pictogram of a hand with an "X" on top of it? That's what...
Forum: Technology February 11th 12, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 10, 9:24*pm, Tegger > wrote:

> What you're referring to is called a "heat shield". This device traps heat
> inside the manifold so as to aid in keeping the A/F sensor (and...
Forum: Technology January 18th 12, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 132
Posted By no way
Which pad is "better?" Ceramic or semi-metallic?

Semi metallic. Ceramic are "too hard". After a while you'll experience
hard pedal and they mess the rotors up.
Forum: Technology January 15th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By no way
P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire)

Computers don't "shut cylinders down" when there is a running problem.
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16