Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Al Reynolds
Forum: Honda October 25th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Al Reynolds
Disabling SRS bulb in 97 Accord Wagon

"M.M." > wrote:
> Cover it with a piece of tape?

Not a bad idea, but by the time I had got to the dash assembly it wouldn't
have saved much time.

Thanks,
Al
Forum: Honda October 25th 09, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Tegger" > wrote:
> Skip the bulb. Just pull the SRS fuses.

Didn't work unfortunately - the SRS light still came on.

Anyhew, I dug out my shop manual, which wasn't completely...
Forum: Honda October 24th 09, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Tegger" > wrote:

> Skip the bulb. Just pull the SRS fuses.

I had thought of that, but thought that the SRS bulb would be on a dash
lights fuse rather than the SRS fuse. Will...
Forum: Honda October 23rd 09, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Al Reynolds
Disabling SRS bulb in 97 Accord Wagon

A bit of background:
I've had problems in the past with the SRS light coming on, but with a code
which doesn't correspond to a particular fault. At first I could reset it
(paperclip method) and it...
Forum: Honda May 19th 09, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By Al Reynolds
Tegger's 'Teg passes another emissions test!

"Tegger" > wrote
> At hot idle (when the cat is actually functioning) that initial elevated
> RPM lasts for only two seconds or so, just long enough to get the oil
> pressure up...
Forum: Honda May 16th 09, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

"Tegger" > wrote:

>> Just for comparison, my 97 Accord Wagon EX (185000 miles) just passed
>> its UK MOT emissions test again with the following:
>>
>> Fast idle test:
>> CO...
Forum: Honda May 14th 09, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> With 321,000 miles on it.
>
> That aftermarket Walker-brand cat is working much better than I expected...
Forum: Honda May 11th 09, 08:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Al Reynolds
Intermittent 8-5 "Internal failure of the SRS unit" error

"Woody" > wrote:
> How old is the battery? The battery can be bad not showing signs in
> starting etc allowing excessive noise in the electrical system. They have
> been known to...
Forum: Honda May 9th 09, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Al Reynolds
Intermittent 8-5 "Internal failure of the SRS unit" error

Hello all,

I've had my (UK) 97 Accord Wagon for quite a while now, and early on I used
to get the SRS light staying on occasionally, but a single clear of the
memory using the MES connector...
Forum: Honda December 23rd 08, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 5
Posted By Al Reynolds
Interference on FM after exhaust replacement on Honda Accord

Hi,

I recently had the mid-section on my 97 Accord exhaust replaced, and since
then I have been getting intermittent FM radio reception problems
(crackling, poor signal/tuning, general hiss or...
Forum: Honda November 20th 08, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 18
Posted By Al Reynolds
No pressure on clutch pedal - can't change gear

"Dillon Pyron" > wrote:
> Thus spake "Al Reynolds" > :
>
>>For the record, it was just the slave cylinder (AA man overcautious) and
>>it cost me £125...
Forum: Honda November 16th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 18
Posted By Al Reynolds
No pressure on clutch pedal - can't change gear

"Ivan" > wrote
> Sounds eminently more sensible than what I've led to believe regarding the
> clutch slave cylinder on my Ford focus, which is apparently located
> 'inside'...
Forum: Honda November 9th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 18
Posted By Al Reynolds
No pressure on clutch pedal - can't change gear

Thanks for all the comments.

I just had the AA mechanic check it and both the master and slave cylinders
have gone - apparently the master is worse.

He has refilled and bled the system which...
Forum: Honda November 8th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 18
Posted By Al Reynolds
No pressure on clutch pedal - can't change gear

Hi,

I've just gone out to my 97 Honda Accord and there is no pressure on my
clutch pedal.

If I push it down, it goes all the way to the floor, and if I then lift it a
little the spring causes
it...
Forum: Honda October 5th 08, 09:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 10
Posted By Al Reynolds
New keys & locks for 97 Honda Accord = new immobiliser?

"Woody" > wrote in message
> I would forget worrying about your keys and start warring about identity
> threat as with your drivers...
Forum: Honda October 4th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

"Tony Hwang" > wrote:
> Hey,
> Easy on him. That Honda may be his asset no. 1.
> I couldn'care less for a 11 year old car.
> Changing key/locks on doors may cost more than the value...
Forum: Honda October 4th 08, 09:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 10
Posted By Al Reynolds
New keys & locks for 97 Honda Accord = new immobiliser?

Hi,

I have a 97 Honda Accord Aerodeck (Wagon) and one of the keys was in my bag
which was stolen. Unfortunately my address was on my driving licence which
was also in the bag, and it's also...
Forum: Honda January 27th 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Al Reynolds
Sunroof drain tube replacement

"Al Reynolds" > wrote:
> I could see no sign of the drain tube entering this space, but then
> it's fairly cramped. Anyone got any idea where it should enter
> (from the top or...
Forum: Honda January 21st 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Al Reynolds
Sunroof drain tube replacement

Hi there,

Car is a 97 Accord Aerodeck LSI RHD (Wagon EX in USA)

Short version of story:
- water in driver footwell - carpet soaked
- suspected sunroof drain tube, so poured water down each in...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19