Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Technology February 10th 19, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chev. 3/4 ton van 4.6 eng. air bag problem.

Last Fall I loaded my and my nine year old grandson's bicycle into my van and we drove to an old rail trail for an afternoon of trail riding. Before we left I used the key to turn off the passenger...
Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2002 Chevy one ton 3500 5.1L express van starting problem

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 9:47:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> I'm selling this van for parts value as the frame is bad. It has been sitting for a long time and does not get...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
2002 Chevy one ton 3500 5.1L express van starting problem

I'm selling this van for parts value as the frame is bad. It has been sitting for a long time and does not get started very much. For the past few months after not being started for awhile...
Forum: Technology March 8th 18, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Do we really need to use "dri gas" anymore?

Years ago it was common to put a can of "dri gas" into the tank with each fill up to absorb any water that might have gotten into the fuel. After awhile we were told that the dri gas was added at the...
Forum: Technology January 21st 18, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GMC Envoy, (denali) rear air suspension problem

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 1:36:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> My wife has a 2006 GMC Envoy, {Denali}. It has the air suspension in the rear. You can hear the compressor come on...
Forum: Technology January 20th 18, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GMC Envoy, (denali) rear air suspension problem

My wife has a 2006 GMC Envoy, {Denali}. It has the air suspension in the rear. You can hear the compressor come on almost every time you start the car.. For the last few months we have been noticing...
Forum: Technology September 9th 17, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chev Express van 2500 radio swap .

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 2:31:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I removed the stock radio from my 2006 Chevy van to install an older GM unit with a cassette in it's place....
Forum: Technology August 23rd 17, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chev Express van 2500 radio swap .

I removed the stock radio from my 2006 Chevy van to install an older GM unit with a cassette in it's place. Mechanically this is going to work however when I last discussed this in this group Steve...
Forum: Technology July 31st 17, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
GM radio swap

I tried going that route eight years ago when I bought the 2002. I just figured I'd get a similar year AM FM cassette Delco radio, and that would be the end of it. I went through 3 junk yard radios....
Forum: Technology July 27th 17, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
GM radio swap

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 5:38:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I have a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton express van. It has the stock GM AM FM radio in it. I have a 1990 GM AM FM cassette radio...
Forum: Technology July 26th 17, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
GM radio swap

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 5:38:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I have a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton express van. It has the stock GM AM FM radio in it. I have a 1990 GM AM FM cassette radio...
Forum: Technology July 26th 17, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
GM radio swap

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 5:38:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I have a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton express van. It has the stock GM AM FM radio in it. I have a 1990 GM AM FM cassette radio...
Forum: Technology July 25th 17, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
GM radio swap

I have a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton express van. It has the stock GM AM FM radio in it. I have a 1990 GM AM FM cassette radio that has seen many vehicles over the years. I have rebuilt the cassette mechanism...
Forum: Technology July 1st 17, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chevrolet 3/4 ton express van, door switch problem?

I have a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 3/4 ton express van. Instead of a simple switch in the door frame, lately the mechanism that turns on the dome light and shuts off the radio when you open the door is...
Forum: Technology May 11th 17, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
What has happend to gas when it gets old and starts to affectengine performance?

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 4:05:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> What is actually happening to the gas? Can it be treated? And can you cause harm to your engine by running it with this...
Forum: Technology May 10th 17, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
What has happend to gas when it gets old and starts to affect engine performance?

What is actually happening to the gas? Can it be treated? And can you cause harm to your engine by running it with this type of gas? Lenny
Forum: Technology May 10th 17, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chevy 2500 problem

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:28:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Three years ago at the state auction I bought a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton van with a 4.8 engine.It was in real nice shape and at...
Forum: Technology May 10th 17, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
2006 Chevy 2500 problem

Three years ago at the state auction I bought a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton van with a 4.8 engine.It was in real nice shape and at the time I didn't need it so it has been sitting outside in my yard. I...
Forum: Technology April 16th 16, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
M35A2 duece and a half military truck cooling system problems

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 4:31:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I just bought this truck. It's a 1971 Kaiser with a multifuel diesel engine. The first time we took it for a ride I...
Forum: Technology April 12th 16, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
M35A2 duece and a half military truck cooling system problems

I just bought this truck. It's a 1971 Kaiser with a multifuel diesel engine.. The first time we took it for a ride I noticed that after about 5 miles the temperature was climbing up towards 220 ...
Forum: Technology August 14th 15, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GM Envoy suspect anti theft problem.

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 9:35:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> We bought this car for my wife last October. It was fine for about 6 months and then one day my wife said that it...
Forum: Technology August 14th 15, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GM Envoy suspect anti theft problem.

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 9:35:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> We bought this car for my wife last October. It was fine for about 6 months and then one day my wife said that it...
Forum: Technology August 12th 15, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GM Envoy suspect anti theft problem.

The deler says this is Passlock 2 and that the key is nothing special, available at most hardware stores. Lenny
Forum: Technology August 12th 15, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2006 GM Envoy suspect anti theft problem.

We bought this car for my wife last October. It was fine for about 6 months and then one day my wife said that it wouldn't start. I came home later that day and tried to start it and it started right...
Forum: Technology October 6th 14, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Broken record..

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:35:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Something about this newsgroup reminds me of one(!)

There are some really good helpful people on this group. I've gotten a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35