Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom's VR6
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 09, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Tom's VR6
1995 Jetta doesn't run in rain

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, tombstone wrote:

>I didn't see any arcing from the ignition coil area - only around the
>distrubtor cap.
>
>NOBODY around here carries Bosch parts ...
>
>The plug...
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Tom's VR6
1995 Jetta doesn't run in rain

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, tombstone wrote:

>Yes it is the 2.0 engine.
>
>I did some digging and I have spark coming from the ignition coil.
>Initially I didn't see any sparking, but after...
Forum: VW water cooled April 3rd 09, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Tom's VR6
1995 Jetta doesn't run in rain

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, tombstone wrote:

>My daughter's car will no longer start in the rain. If it's give some
>time to dry out everything seems to rectify itself. The motor...
Forum: VW water cooled March 19th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Tom's VR6
What's this tic-toc from behind the dash?

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, wrote:

>One random thought

Another random thought: the headlight circuit has a short, and
that's the circuit breaker breaking and resetting. I know...
Forum: VW water cooled October 22nd 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom's VR6
2000 Passat rear brake pads

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, wrote:

>On Oct 20, 9:35*pm, Ears > wrote:
>> Harder pads= faster breaking, less stopping distance, more dust and
Forum: VW water cooled October 11th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Tom's VR6
2006 Jetta center brake light out

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Mark wrote:

>A mechanic once told me it seemed to him that right side components,
>suspension particularly, tend to wear out faster. His 'reason' was
>that,...
Forum: VW water cooled October 2nd 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom's VR6
96 Jetta fuse blowing

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Greg wrote:

>interior lights and power door locks don't work. Fuse blew. Replaced
>the fuse and it blew right away. Yup, second one did, too.
>
>I haven't done...
Forum: VW water cooled September 18th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom's VR6
VW Golf 1.9TDi (1996) cutting out - suspect electrical fault

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, peterski wrote:

>VW Golf 1.9TDi (1996)... About a year ago, the car developed an
>intermittent electrical fault. Driving along or stopped and idling,
>the engine...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom's VR6
VW Radios

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, HT wrote:

>I thought that might be the case, until i looked at the code that came
>with my radio. I'm assuming the W is not entered, but there's a 7 in
>the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 1st 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
Posted By Tom's VR6
How do you test ignition leads?

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ukdodger via CarKB.com wrote:

>Well I did the spark plug test by jumping the spark. All Ok. About a 1/4" as
>you said. Then as Dave mentioned I checked the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
Posted By Tom's VR6
How do you test ignition leads?

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ukdodger via CarKB.com wrote:

>I know I'm getting a spark but how do I know it's a good enough one? I do
>have a problem with getting my Passat to run smoothly...
Forum: VW water cooled August 14th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom's VR6
Golf not starting

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Ears wrote:

> Here's the story:
>
>90 Golf 1.8 8v 140,000 miles.
>
>The car died on the freeway and left me stranded. I got it towed home
>and:

What lead up to...
Forum: VW water cooled August 8th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Tom's VR6
2000 Jetta alarm horn

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, lobo wrote:

>Called the local (Fort Worth) VW dealer. The micro switch is a special order
>for $43.22. Hood latch mechanism which includes the switch $91.70. I...
Forum: VW water cooled June 10th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom's VR6
2003 Jetta 1.8T misfires, dead oxygen sensor

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, William Maslin wrote:

>Anybody got an idea for "most likely" causes of misfires and startup
>stalling issues in the 1.8T? I'm thinking coils or MAF...
Forum: VW water cooled June 2nd 08, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom's VR6
Fixing 95 Golf door latch

The passenger door lock on a 95 Golf is not working. The swinger
that should hold the striker in the door jamb just swings loosely.
The inside and outside door handles work freely.

I expect to get a...
Forum: VW water cooled May 13th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom's VR6
VW Pasatt, T Reg 1999 climate control

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:

>and add leak detection dye. There's a good chance it's the condenser or evap
>leaking. Any "good" shop should be able to track...
Forum: VW water cooled May 13th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

>You have the temp dialed down as low as it will go and still no cold air
>huh?
>Then I would suspect either the a/c compressor is not...
Forum: VW water cooled April 29th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom's VR6
Oil pression/temperature signal

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, wrote:

>I own a 92 VW cabriolet. I bought the car few months ago, and I
>already changed the head gasket because I was loosing coolant. ...
Forum: VW water cooled April 29th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom's VR6
bad mileage in my rabbit

wrote:

>I am hoping to completely redo the front suspension this weekend,
>while I am under there I will also take a look at the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 26th 08, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom's VR6
bad mileage in my rabbit

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, PeterD wrote:

>>I think your 83 would have continuous injection (CIS). So the
>>injection would be central and there would not be an injector for
>>each...
Forum: VW water cooled April 26th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote:

>-Are there any common problems that these fuel injectors have that I
>should be aware of? Also any idea of what kind...
Forum: VW water cooled March 21st 08, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
Posted By Tom's VR6
2005 Jetta oil consumption

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Mike Brancato wrote:

>When my wife took it back this week, they said she had lost 1/2 quart of
>oil over her 1000 miles. The dealer then said this was...
Forum: VW water cooled March 8th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom's VR6
97 jetta 4cyl 2.0- back from the shop today but oil pressure issue still present. advice needed!

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Leftoverair wrote:

>thanks for the input-
>i purchased this car back in october...
>since then i've only experienced minor oil leaks. the car never
>overheated...
Forum: VW water cooled February 12th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom's VR6
'05 jetta ignition key switch

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, wrote:

>ok. I am a stumped by a 2005 jetta ignition. The key will not enter
>the cylinder. There is a slide visible in the keyway, usually...
Forum: VW water cooled February 6th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom's VR6
Hard start

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Dioclese wrote:

> Let it run.
>Checked the battery while running, 14 volts with multimeter. 12 volts when
>motor is off.

If you are going to draw inferences...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123