Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: john
Forum: VW air cooled May 11th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By john
Should air cooled VWs be banned from the Freeways?

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> a pinto with the 2.0(german) engine is a very reliable and capable car...
> the late 2.3 is also reliable and capable... 75mph is really no strain on a
Forum: VW air cooled May 11th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Jan wrote:
> honestly.... IDIOTS should be banned from the freeways and any other
> roads. Instead of toll booths, maybe an IQ test booth.... hmm... the
> lines would soon ease up when 99% of the...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:
> I believe Air-Cooled VeeDubs need to be banned from freeways or any
> place where the speed limit is 65 mph and above

Didn't pass your truck-drivers exam, eh? ...
Forum: VW air cooled April 30th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By john
VW upright engine question

Okay, Trent, now that I know you have the $$$. You might just go to Jake
Raby's site. He has built engines for the very top kit-car types.

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/Type4.html

I know he...
Forum: VW air cooled April 30th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By john
VW upright engine question

wrote:

> If you were building this engine, what would you put in it? What have
> I missed? I would really appreciate your input, and thanking you in
> advance.

Which kit car?...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 07, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

Anthony W wrote:

> For a lot less money, I could have more power and a smoother running
> engine by adapting in a 2.2L Subaru into my Bug. For what my engine
> cost, only a few bucks more and I...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 07, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Done often, or done well? Sounds like a hideous kludge to me.

I've seen it done well. In the Kelmark, it's a no-brainer: it's built
for a radiator. But we already agreed...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Water cooling a rear-engined vehicle requires a radiator and some
> inventive tubing, I think.

No problem. I've got a Kelmark with a rear engine, plumbed to a front...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "john" > wrote in message
>> http://www.greatplainsas.com/llc1.html
>>
>> Aw man, hardware lust again!

Forum: VW air cooled April 28th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:20:55 -0500, john > wrote:
>
>> http://www.greatplainsas.com/llc1.html
>>
>> Aw man, hardware lust again!
>
> That's not stock! ...
Forum: VW air cooled April 28th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By john
Rip-off of LN Engineering?

Aw man, wonder if these are made in Asia.

http://www.greatplainsas.com/nikcyl.html

....and I wonder what Jake Raby would think of them.
Forum: VW air cooled April 28th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By john
Liquid cooled ACVW heads

http://www.greatplainsas.com/llc1.html

Aw man, hardware lust again!
Forum: VW air cooled April 27th 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By john
Stainless brake line lengths?

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Uh, yeah, they're the ones who sent me 2 hoses instead of the 4 ordered.

John is there to answer your question and fix the order. Call him!
Forum: VW air cooled April 19th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By john
A new People's Car

Speedy Jim wrote:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/102865/the-next-peoples-car
>
> Should be interesting to at least follow development.

I wager that the special interests in the USA...
Forum: VW air cooled April 18th 07, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By john
Att: Speedy Jim.

Speedy Jim wrote:
> john wrote:
>> Speedy Jim wrote:
>>
>>> 2 photos from my "shop" when I was about 14:
>>> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/JIMSHOP1.JPG
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By john
Att: Speedy Jim.

Speedy Jim wrote:

> 2 photos from my "shop" when I was about 14:
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/JIMSHOP1.JPG
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/JIMSHOP2.JPG

Jim, you are just so retro!...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By john
Aw, man! Look what rolled into town for sale

Randy wrote:
> On Apr 15, 6:04 pm, john > wrote:
>
>> No room in the driveway. Got to get rid of some other stuff first.
>> Anybody want a Kelmark? Needs work.
>
> What all do...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By john
I Hate FLAPS

As you just learned, you can hire out the press work cheap.

But in the spirit of your lament - decades ago I was rebuilding a Harley
a little at a time. I'd look at the manual over breakfast,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "john" > wrote in message
>> http://www.digoliardi.net/65_bus_2.jpg
>>
>> Immaculate.
>
> when you bringing it...
Forum: VW air cooled April 15th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By john
Aw, man! Look what rolled into town for sale

http://www.digoliardi.net/65_bus_2.jpg

Immaculate.
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By john
newbie question

> Externally the later models can be made
> to look almost identical to the earlier ones (a few small
> differences).

Not too much later. It is about the windows. The enlarged windows look...
Forum: VW air cooled April 6th 07, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By john
49 cable brake adjustments

Shane Stroud wrote:

> That 39 manual might have some pertinent info. I have seen reprinted
> manuals on Samba from time to time, but not usually complete ones. I
> may just have to get with...
Forum: VW air cooled April 5th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By john
dennis - write me

john wrote:
> Den:
>
> Write me.
>
> John in Winona

Oh, it's j o h n -at- s t a f f o r d -.- net.
Forum: VW air cooled April 5th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By john
dennis - write me

Den: