Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cletus[_2_]
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
testy

testg
Forum: VW air cooled April 26th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
Advice sought- 34PICT-3 replacement

On Apr 26, 11:27 am, Cletus > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2:30 pm, wrote:
>

> > On Apr 17, 6:49 pm, Cletus > wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 15,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 26th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Apr 22, 2:30 pm, wrote:
> On Apr 17, 6:49 pm, Cletus > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 15, 9:59 am, wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 13, 3:11 pm,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 18th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Apr 15, 9:59 am, wrote:
> On Apr 13, 3:11 pm, " > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 13, 12:12�pm, wrote:
>
> > > It looks...
Forum: VW air cooled January 5th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
I've had it with this group

On Jan 5, 11:20 am, wrote:
> If you guys aren't hammering Mario then Bob Hoover is lecturing
> everybody on keeping everything bone stock, hey any body have any
> seat belt...
Forum: VW air cooled January 5th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
carb, its time 34 pict 3

ok, I've got by with old leaky ebay special garage sale german
originals for too long, but now its time to upgrade to "brand new".
What is everybodies experience with the ones available? Are...
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
Got my fresh air box in, needs the 'tubes' - where to get?Defroster ? too...

On Nov 23, 4:23 pm, Cletus > wrote:
> On Nov 22, 10:24 pm, "DD" > wrote:
>

> > Likely the tubing from the front of the heater channel up the
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 22, 10:24 pm, "DD" > wrote:
> Likely the tubing from the front of the heater channel up the
> incredibly-you-cant-see-up-there-let-alone-get-a-tool-up-there space to...
Forum: VW air cooled November 24th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
fairly comedy

check this out, latest Mid america mororworks catalog cover photo has
a big old chrome showpiece engine, with bows and pine boughs around
it. you know, nice looking picture, dual carbs, chrome...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
lousy mileage and power

I can't figure out whats going on, i'm getting lousy mileage 17+- and
I don't have good low end power, I have a 1600, with 34-pict 3 and 034
SVDA diz. same setup as my other car that got 25 mpg. ...
Forum: VW air cooled June 17th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
super beetle sunroof air deflector

On Jun 16, 9:56 pm, " > wrote:
> On Jun 16, 7:22 pm, Cletus > wrote:
>
> > need one of these badly. do any of you guys have a late super...
Forum: VW air cooled June 17th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
super beetle sunroof air deflector

need one of these badly. do any of you guys have a late super sunroof
in you junkyards?...
Forum: VW air cooled May 11th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
metal sunroof owners LOOK

Hey, I found where the rear drain channels terminate!! they go all
the way down to a drain hole in the rear quarter panel, right behind
the door opening. You can see this by taking off the rear...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
I Hate FLAPS

Why is everybody out to sell, sell ,SELL? instead of helping a
longtime customer? I lost respect for the local vw parts house a few
years ago when they insisted I'd be better off with one piece...
Forum: VW air cooled April 15th 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
Thermostat Q's

Ok you guys have finally talked me into using the thermo and flaps,
after 20 years of not having them at all,( I also drank the Koolaid
about the svda,and that worked out well) this car i bought has...
Forum: VW air cooled April 4th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
late model throwout bearing

I need some help installing this piece, Is there a top? Does it
matter which way the springs go? The old one was so mangled I don't
have a reference point for the new one.
Forum: VW air cooled April 4th 07, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
hood seal, mexi style

On Apr 3, 4:16 pm, " > wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:55?pm, "Cletus" > wrote:
>
> > ? Does anyone have any experience with this kind of hood...
Forum: VW air cooled April 3rd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
hood seal, mexi style

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of hood seal?
http://aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=EXT0028&cartid=
and click on mexi style to look at the item.
My sealing lip...
Forum: VW air cooled March 22nd 07, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Cletus[_2_]
line boring

I'm going to rebuild this 73 engine, in this beater i just bought. It
appears to have never had the case split. I'm down to the short
block, rods off. rod bearings heavy damage, copper showing on...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19