Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mad Roger
Forum: Technology January 27th 18, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Mad Roger
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:16:13 +1100,
Xeno wrote:

> Frankly, if Roger needs to find out how to do the job from advice here,
> he'd be well advised to hand the task over to someone with a clue. This...
Forum: Technology January 27th 18, 12:32 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Mad Roger
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 02:47:48 -0000 (UTC),
Mad Roger wrote:

> I agree that even my hand isn't sensitive enough, so a foot will never do
> it.

I think the problem is mostly that I don't feel any...
Forum: Technology January 27th 18, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Mad Roger
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:13:56 -0800,
Oren wrote:

> Why is it you think the clutch pedal "feel" is not an aspect of the
> adjustment? The throw out bearing needs to release from the clutch
> plate in...
Forum: Technology January 26th 18, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Mad Roger
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

Need help figuring out what to MEASURE when adjusting a self-adjusting
clutch pedal bolt.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3835507bolt.jpg

I've adjusted the bolt all the way in, half way, and all...
Forum: Technology January 18th 18, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 02:47:38 -0000 (UTC),
Mad Roger wrote:
> The scientific question is how do we correctly interpret why EE pads seem
> to outperform FF pads in this police cruiser study done in...
Forum: Technology January 17th 18, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 08:54:51 -0600,
AMuzi wrote:

> The exam question you missed was Veblen.

I never heard of Veblen ... here's some information I just read about him.
In a word,...
Forum: Technology January 17th 18, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:41:54 -0800 (PST),
trader_4 wrote:

> You did when you said:
>

> "I think price is not an indication of anything other than what the
> marketing can make people pay. It's...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:54:16 -0800 (PST),
trader_4 wrote:

> You;ve misinterpreted basic economics.

Naah. I took the class. I got an A. If it's "elastic", it follows the
supply and demand curve,...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:54:26 -0800 (PST),
trader_4 wrote:

> Bingo. Cops are supposed to be reasonably physically fit. We went
> to anti-lock brakes because the regular drivers were locking the...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:43:16 -0800 (PST),
trader_4 wrote:

> This whole thing seems a bit silly to me. It's a test for police
> cars. I would expect that all cars can lock the wheels with a
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 08:52:07 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> not really. But cars generally seem to deal with it ok.
> Ultimately it comes down to enough force to create enough
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 08:45:56 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>> I think price is not an indication of anything other than what the
>> marketing can make people pay. It's certainly not an...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech

wrote:

>> I think price is not an indication of anything other than what the
>> marketing can make people pay. It's certainly not an...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:31:56 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> a whole lot more!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reading them as soon as I post this to let you know that...
Thanks for always posting on-topic technical...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 14:27:23 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> Metallic pads are more aggressive than ceramics and organics (and they
> are harsher on rotors and noisier)
> Ceramics last longer and dust...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:54:12 -0800 (PST),
Terry Schwartz wrote:

> Yes we know, it's soooooooo sad......

I get your point, even ensconced inside the sarcasm, so I'll just say it
bluntly that I do...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:23:01 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> Pad vibration - which has an effect on gas venting, counterd by the
> effect of reduced pad contact

That makes sense that the outgassing...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 17:01:47 -0500,
Tekkie+AK4- wrote:

> To Madman: When I was early in emergency services I used to run my private
> vehicle. I had to pay attention to braking because after 3...
Forum: Technology January 16th 18, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:02:37 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> The tests were limited - addressing the use a cruiser puts the brakes
> to. If you know how to read the information, it tells you a LOT...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 17:52:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> There are presumably 2nd order differences in pad performance,
> but we've no idea what they are. EE versus FF is not it...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 18:05:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>> Sigh. It's just sad.
>
> if they all work ok it's not sad, it's a nonissue

I think you hit the reluctant nail on the...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 23:51:59 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> the PRIMARY quality of a brake material that YOU need to worry
> about is "performance"
> That "performance" includes how well it stops...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 17:58:04 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> That's retail.

That's why I say those who say "you get what you pay for" are misguided
because a $157 pad "might" be just as...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 14:46:53 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

>>In the end, I don't see any indication whatsoever that anyone here knows
>>how to properly compare the performance of those $157 and $20...
Forum: Technology January 14th 18, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mad Roger
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 01:27:58 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>> The real question who in the hell ****ing cares??
>
> I didn't, until I found the brake pads fitted by a quick nationwide...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61