Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bug '59[_1_]
Forum: VW air cooled August 16th 06, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
hubcap/centercap

Hi all,

Just back from my holiday. When i drove my bug home from my inlaws place
yesterday, i lost my left hubcap, it happened twice before on the right side
but now it happened on the left side....
Forum: VW air cooled July 24th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
OT Runaway Tire

> Holy ****e!!
> Is that tire smoke from the tires still spinning when they get trapped??
> Wonder what happened to the poor guy..
>
> Looks like it could have been in Germany from the color of the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 16th 06, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
king pins / link pins

"zigford" > schreef in bericht > I noticed that the
drivers side inner tie rod was loose, so am
> replacing that.
> Also noticed that the upper drivers side link pin has stacks...
Forum: VW air cooled July 16th 06, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
Nutty racing from Holland

"Jan" > schreef in bericht

> Backwards racing, camper racing, tow racing...

Forum: VW air cooled July 14th 06, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
Hot Distributors, Batman!

> Fortunately, the alignment of the pinion gear is easy to check: First,
> find a picture of the correct orientation in the factory service
> manual. (I wouldn't trust Muir; a lot of the drawings...
Forum: VW air cooled July 13th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
Hot Distributors, Batman!

(You don't have to pull the distributor to see that it is
> mis-aligned.) Installing the distributor's drive-pinion incorrectly is
> good evidence that whoever assembled the engine doesn't know...
Forum: VW air cooled July 9th 06, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
scraping sound when cornering

Never thought further than the brakes..
Wheel bearings... Of course, When they are shot there is play on it!

Thanks Dragenwagen,
Very helpfull!

Roger

"dragenwagen" >...
Forum: VW water cooled July 7th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
Manual tranny low on fluid?

"Dave M" > schreef in bericht
>> Maybe you should check it
>
> I guess I should. Too bad I'll have to buy a 17mm hex wrench to...
Forum: VW air cooled July 7th 06, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
scraping sound when cornering

Hi all,

Another problem raised.
I've replaced the brakes on my '73 bug.
And still the brakes (left drum) are scraping when I take a turn to the
right.
Before I changed the brakes the sound was also...
Forum: VW air cooled July 6th 06, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By bug '59[_1_]
old gas in the tank

"Ralf Ballis" > schreef in bericht
> tdfm wrote:
>
>> My Bug has been sitting for 2 years and I am looking to have...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10