Showing results 1 to 25 of 165
Search took 3.05 seconds.
Forum: Technology January 1st 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Steam cars

On Dec 30 2008, 3:07 pm, Kruse > wrote:
> On a side note, a few years ago there were about 3 or 4 deaths at a
> Michigan or Minnesota state fair. An antique steam tractor exploded
Forum: Chrysler December 31st 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

I would suspect that too much primary current just supersaturates the
coil and it doesn't discharge properly, inhibiting the next charge/
discharge cycle.

Dan
Forum: Technology December 31st 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

I would suspect that too much primary current just supersaturates the
coil and it doesn't discharge properly, inhibiting the next charge/
discharge cycle.

Dan
Forum: Technology December 16th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
6.5 diesel won't crank

On Dec 15, 11:42*am, hubcit > wrote:
> my friend has a 6.5 diesel that won't crank in this cold weather. He
> has it plugged in but it still won't crank. Does anyone know if...
Forum: Technology December 10th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Steering Wheel Pulls to Right

On Dec 8, 9:42 am, rigger > wrote:

> Another force is the "Coriolis Force." It is difficult to detect
> unless you can ship your vehicle to the other side of the
> equator. If this...
Forum: Technology November 30th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
bad smell in car from vandalism

On Nov 30, 2:19*pm, "Randy" > wrote:
> There's spays you can get for pet accidents on your carpet. You might try
> putting some of that down the cowl vents , pine sol or any kind...
Forum: Technology October 27th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
78 Firedbird Statrer..Excessive Amperage.

On Oct 25, 5:46*am, m6onz5a > wrote:
> On Oct 24, 5:36*pm, josuha1954 > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 24, 12:50*pm, Mike Romain >...
Forum: Technology October 20th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel identification

On Oct 20, 7:56*am, wrote:
> I have a FORD slotted (10 slots) 14" steel rim with 4-lugs. I know
> it's a longshot, but does anyone know what ford vehicle this wheel
> goes to?...
Forum: Technology September 10th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Is Declining Brake Peddle a Sure Sign of Master Cylinder?

On Sep 7, 11:13*pm, jim evans > wrote:
> I'm an old guy from the days before ubiquitous power brakes. *When I
> was young a brake peddle that slowly collapses to the...
Forum: Technology September 1st 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
mopar's 'orange box'

On Sep 1, 8:06*am, Steve Austin > wrote:
> aarcuda69062 wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *"Nathan M. Gant" >...
Forum: Technology August 30th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
basic Hall-effect distributor wiring

On Aug 28, 3:43 am, "Nathan M. Gant" > wrote:
> Given that the basic Hall-effect distributor will require one wire for
> ground, a second wire for voltage supply or reference...
Forum: Technology August 17th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
oil analysis - traces of silicium and aluminium particlesindicating wear

On Aug 17, 9:27 am, "peter" > wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I 'm sorry that I need to post again on this topic, but last time this was
> discussed I did not dare do anything about this...
Forum: Technology August 14th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
wind assisted flying (Chevy) brick

On Aug 10, 3:10 am, Patok > wrote:
> Don Bruder wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Tegger > wrote:
>
> >> JustMe...
Forum: Technology July 22nd 08, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels' Lug nuts loosened unexpectedly

On Jul 19, 8:53 pm, ray > wrote:

> > Doesn't calibrating a torque wrench cost as much as buying
> > a new one?
>
> > This Sears Craftsman's cost $80, which is...
Forum: Technology July 22nd 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Using a dynamometer w-o a wind tunnel, is inaccurate simulationof usage

On Jul 19, 9:38 pm, "TE Chea" > wrote:

> I removed my bonnet's 3 rubber seals & small front grille to
> let in & out more air :

The manufacturer of your car spent good money...
Forum: Technology July 15th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
hummer could be done, the dinosaurs will not survive

On Jul 14, 7:26 am, Steve B. > wrote:
>> Chrysler nearly died in one of those fiascos, with its factory
> >lots jammed with brand-new Newports and New Yorkers, cars they kept
Forum: Technology July 14th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jul 12, 9:54 pm, wrote:
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/03/business/main4148168.shtml?...

They never learn. I lived through the fuel crunch of 1973 and
the...
Forum: Technology July 6th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Put Magnet Inside oil filter?

On Jul 5, 6:13 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Won't hurt anything, unless you left the heat shrink in place (the way
> I'm envisioning this is, that you used the heat shrink simply...
Forum: Technology July 6th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Put Magnet Inside oil filter?

On Jul 5, 6:13 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> Denny B wrote:
> > Recently purchased a spare transmission pan for my
> > Year 2006, 3.3L Dodge Caravan. Inside the transmission
> > pan...
Forum: Technology July 5th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jul 5, 8:05 am, Denny B > wrote:
> Recently purchased a spare transmission pan for my
> Year 2006, 3.3L Dodge Caravan. Inside the transmission
> pan there is a magnet, the new pan...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
What gets damaged when the engine is over-revved?

On Jul 3, 4:50 pm, "Calab" > wrote:
> | > And I happen to disagree COMPLETELY with that claim. The difference in
> | > real component stress between 3k and 5k rpm is not that large.
Forum: Technology June 29th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 29, 11:59 am, "Calab" > wrote:
> "phaeton" > wrote in message

> On Jun 27,...
Forum: Technology June 29th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Old unused oil filter OK to use?

On Jun 29, 2:07 pm, bryanska > wrote:
> A guy on Craigslist is giving away some unused oil filters. They're my
> size and type.
>
> Only trouble is, they're old. A year or...
Forum: Technology June 8th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Overheating problem

On Jun 5, 8:07 pm, "HLS" > wrote:
> "Viel Spass" > wrote in message news:1d70e254-5e63-4bfd-
> > All cooling fans working, new thermostat, temp sensor, and new...
Forum: Technology June 6th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Do they still sell car radios with real sliders & knobs on thefront?