Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pete[_10_]
Forum: BMW November 2nd 10, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"frischmoutt" wrote
> Mobil-1 0W-40 looks to be a good deal, however my fear concerns the
> hydraulic tappets that might get noisy until the engine is warm
> enough. For
> an analog reason...
Forum: BMW November 2nd 10, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"frischmoutt" wrote
> Mobil-1 0W-40 looks to be a good deal, however my fear concerns the
> hydraulic tappets that might get noisy until the engine is warm
> enough. For
> an analog reason...
Forum: BMW November 2nd 10, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"Scott Dorsey" wrote
>>Castroly Syntec 0w-30 carries BMW LL-01 spec. Syntec 0w-30 is
>>actually
>>made in Germany and is the equivalent of the European Edge 0w-30,
>>which
>>means it is a...
Forum: BMW November 2nd 10, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"Scott Dorsey" wrote
>>Castroly Syntec 0w-30 carries BMW LL-01 spec. Syntec 0w-30 is
>>actually
>>made in Germany and is the equivalent of the European Edge 0w-30,
>>which
>>means it is a...
Forum: BMW November 1st 10, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"Scott Dorsey" wrote
> The issues in the US are all different than they are out there. Here,
> most of the Castrol Syntec oils are different (and cheaper)
> formulations
> that can't be sold as...
Forum: BMW November 1st 10, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_10_]
5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?

"Scott Dorsey" wrote
> The issues in the US are all different than they are out there. Here,
> most of the Castrol Syntec oils are different (and cheaper)
> formulations
> that can't be sold as...
Forum: Audi June 20th 10, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Pete[_10_]
OT but close...VW Passat CC

"Mark Opolo">>

> I have looked at the Sonata and that does not appear to have the
> arched...
Forum: Audi June 19th 10, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Pete[_10_]
OT but close...VW Passat CC

"Mark Opolo" > wrote in message
> I think it's one of the best shapes at the moment....I keep thinking
> Merc when one passes...
Forum: BMW June 12th 10, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Pete[_10_]
E46 CDV Banishment

"JRE"
> Then, I drilled out my old lock valve (aka clutch delay valve, BMW
> part number 21526755892) and put it in my wife's car. It's actually a
> bit more complicated than that. It takes a...
Forum: BMW March 18th 10, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 25
Posted By Pete[_10_]
E61 m-sport - ride quality / comparisons

"Jeremy" wrote

> Ummm... the way I read the responses, the first is saying that Audi
> has
> a bad rep it doesn't deserve...are you saying BMW does too? The
> original
> subject was...
Forum: BMW March 18th 10, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 25
Posted By Pete[_10_]
E61 m-sport - ride quality / comparisons

"David Skelton" wrote
> I have owned a couple of Audis, and I used to sell them.
> Audi (and VW) do not deserve the reputation that they have.
> I have my own reasons for this opinion which I am not...
Forum: BMW March 14th 10, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Jeremy" > wrote in message
> I have been running a 525d M Sport Touring for 2 years now. One of the
> things that...
Forum: BMW March 13th 10, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Seat Settings X3

"John von Colditz" > wrote in message
> A strange one. Both my wife and I have noticed that occasionally we
> will stop the car, get...
Forum: BMW December 13th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Pete[_10_]
2000 E39 Leak - What is it?

"Dean Dark" wrote
> clueless grease monkey mistook the transmission dipstick for the
> engine oil dipstick (which, of course, the car doesn't have) and put 3
> or 4 quarts of oil into the engine...
Forum: BMW November 19th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete[_10_]
2003 Z4 emblem search

> I know people who have used mono filament fishing line to remove glued
> on badges so they can paint the panel. You just use it like dental
> floss and work it back and forth.

Which, by the...
Forum: Audi September 20th 09, 04:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Pete[_10_]
3.0 2003 - Is Synthetic Oil Better Than Regular Oil?

"eBob.com" > wrote
> I have a 2003 Audi with the 3.0 V6 engine. Is synthetic oil worth the
> extra cost?

Well, it's not like you have a choice. Your engine requires the...
Forum: BMW September 8th 09, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Pete[_10_]
lug wrench size??

"Floyd Rogers" wrote

> Should be 17mm.

Correct. Thin wall socket might help, too.

Pete
Forum: BMW September 1st 09, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Pete[_10_]
2002 325i manual 125K miles, potential problems?

"tom_k" > wrote
> Blue Book dealer's asking price is around $9,000 in excellent
> condition so your estimate is certainly reasonable. I'd try to
> ascertain the service history...
Forum: Audi August 31st 09, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Pete[_10_]
No manual transmission for 2010 US A4 vants.

"Bill" > wrote in message
> WTF?

Apparently Audi of America thinks that only soccer moms drive station...
Forum: Audi January 18th 09, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Dealer service rip off...

The Brass Turner wrote:

> Quotes for Front wheel bearings x 2 fitted.
>
> Dealer £430
>
> 3rd party £280 (using Audi original parts and I used this company for
> my cam belt change 30K ago)

Are...
Forum: Audi November 14th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By Pete[_10_]
2009 Audi's with manual gearbox

"Steve Thompson" wrote
> Is this the same everywhere?

I don't know about the TT, but it is true that the new B8 A4 debuted
here in the States with slushbox only, which is a shame. The 2.0T
manual...
Forum: BMW August 25th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Next ??? 325 vs 330

"Jack" wrote
> No reason...just curious..lots of Euros on here. I'm on the East
> Coast of Canada (NB)..hence the plan to go to FL for my purchase.

I see. I used to live down there. Bought my...
Forum: BMW August 24th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Next ??? 325 vs 330

"Jack" wrote
> Thanks Pete. Can I ask you where in the world (generally-speaking) you
> are ??

Chicago, IL. Why?

Pete
Forum: BMW August 24th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Next ??? 325 vs 330

"Jack" wrote
> are maintenance costs the same for the 330 as the 325??

Yes.

Pete
Forum: BMW August 17th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Pete[_10_]
Next ??? 325 vs 330

"Jeff Strickland" wrote