Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Smitter
Forum: BMW April 1st 10, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob Smitter
1999 E39 Transmission question

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

> That's, the once the ZF transmission has been fixed ...

Unfortunately, there are no trustworthy rebuilders of
ZF transmissions in the United States...
Forum: BMW March 21st 10, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Smitter
Owner Manuals

On Mar 19, 3:50 pm, "RikH" > wrote:
> Where's a good, reasonable place to get an owner manual for a 1996 750IL?
> Thanx

When all else fails, go to your dealer.
Forum: BMW December 20th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Smitter
BMW E30 Control Arms

Does anyone have personal experience with Meyle brand control
arms for the e30? I have always used Lemforder because people
_felt_ that Meyle were crap. Well, time to stop the "feelings"
and please...
Forum: BMW September 12th 09, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Smitter
e36 bowden cable for seat

"kenabbott" > wrote:

> Anyone know how I can order this? The usual parts places don't have
> it in their catalogs.

You can order this from your dealer.
Forum: BMW August 22nd 09, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Bob Smitter
88 325 - real bumpy ride

"johnm" > wrote:

> It's me cosmo,.. wrote:
>> You wouldn't expect a new car ride at 160k miles but it really clunks
>> when I hit even a small bump (or "bimp" as...
Forum: BMW July 12th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Smitter
E34 transmission oil cooling kit?

"cowznofsky" > wrote:
>Thanks. That sounds like the best approach. I'm having a hard time
>finding the lines to the transmission though.

Inlet - 17 22 1 728 763 ...
Forum: BMW July 11th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

"cowznofsky" > wrote:

>I have a 1995 525i that I am struggling to keep viable. There are
> cracks in the radiator where the lines from the transmission come in,
> so I'm looking...
Forum: BMW June 30th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Smitter
P0340 -- Cam Shaft Position Sensor

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

> Where does the cam sensor physically live on the M52 motor? What is the
> price range for a new one?

I can't give exact locations, but there are...
Forum: BMW March 19th 09, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Smitter
battery woe

"af" > wrote:
> I put a new Interstate battery in this car last summer. My car gets driven
> about once a week. Today it would not start. In fact it was so dead, I
> could not...
Forum: BMW January 3rd 09, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Smitter
'98 E39 strange overheating

"SunK" > wrote:
> I recently flushed & filled the antifreeze with BMW original
> antifreeze (diluted 50% with water). Any suggestions will be much
> appreciated..Thanks in...
Forum: BMW October 22nd 08, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By Bob Smitter
E36 M3 cooling system leak

"Alan B. Mac Farlane" > wrote:
> On the other hand ... for just a few thousand more you can trade it in and
> get an upgrade to a year 2000 model or better ... where all the new...
Forum: BMW October 11th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Smitter
e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing

"bfd" > wrote:
Do you really need to replace the oil filter housing? Why can't you
just replace the gasket? For example, looking at the following
diagram, would replacing gasket #8...
Forum: BMW October 10th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Smitter
e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing

> wrote:

> the1995 e34 525i has a serious oil leak coming from behind the oil
> filter cup. I have to use a mirror to view it; but its leaking from
> lower rear of the oil...
Forum: BMW September 30th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Smitter
SCREEN WASHER PUMP NEEDED!

"cyberrooms" > wrote:
> I'm desperately looking for a Screen Washer Pump preferably used for a
> BMW 325 Cabriolet 1987.

Buy a new one. They list for $42.35 at the dealer. If you are...
Forum: BMW September 25th 08, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob Smitter
5281 ignition switch

"harleychick1" > wrote:

>I could not turn my car off, the key was already in the off position and
> would not turn, disconnected battery and car still didnt shut off, had to
Forum: BMW September 25th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Smitter
5281 ignition switch

"harleychick1" > wrote:

>I could not turn my car off, the key was already in the off position and
> would not turn, disconnected battery and car still didnt shut off, had to
Forum: BMW September 8th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Smitter
'01 M3 Diff oil

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote:
> Look at http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e46m3/8028517-1.html
> "The only approved oil is Castrol SAF-XJ 75W/140 for the limited > slip
Forum: BMW September 8th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Smitter
'01 M3 Diff oil

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
> "Planar1" > wrote
>> Hi All.
>>
>> Is there a required...
Forum: BMW September 8th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Smitter
'01 M3 Diff oil

"Planar1" > wrote:
> BTW, how much fluid does the diff hold? So I can buy the correct amount.

Naturally it takes about 1 1/4 quarts so that you have to buy 2.
Forum: BMW September 8th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Bob Smitter
Reliability on 328xi?

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote:
> newbie > wrote:
>>Do you know how rwd cars do on hills with snow and ice?
>
> They have just as much traction as front wheel drive...
Forum: BMW September 8th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Smitter
'01 M3 Diff oil

"Planar1" > wrote:
> Is there a required or recommended differential lube for my 2001 M3 Coupe?

The M's need a lube which can stand up to the torque and speed they
encounter. It...
Forum: BMW August 13th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob Smitter
Leather vs vinyl

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote:
> Dave Plowman (News) > wrote:
>>In article >,
>> Alan B. Mac Farlane > wrote:
>>> cloth...
Forum: BMW August 6th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Smitter
castrol motor oil decal

"D." > wrote:
> does anyone know how i might find
> the castrol oil decal that is located under
> the hood , dead center front , on the
> air induction of a 2001 M3 ?
> in a...
Forum: BMW July 27th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Smitter
E46 won't start

"anoop" > wrote:

> My 2003 325i won't start. The last few times I started the
> car it did have a kind of "choked" feel to it. The battery seems
> OK as the lights and stuff...
Forum: BMW July 2nd 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Smitter
740i Transmission CODES