Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John S.
Forum: Technology January 20th 11, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By John S.
Is there an on demand 4 wheel drive car (not truck or suv)?

On Jan 17, 7:00*pm, phaeton > wrote:
> On Jan 17, 6:12*am, "C. E. White" > wrote:

Forum: Technology January 20th 11, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 15, 1:40*pm, "bob" > wrote:
> I like the sure footedness of an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, but where
> I live (seattle), I only need this a few days per year. The rest...
Forum: Technology December 30th 10, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By John S.
In defense of the Chevrolet Vega

On Dec 30, 9:17*am, Bjorn > wrote:
> It is quite interesting that the Volt is called an electric car.
> It can of course be used as an electric for some miles and if you use
> the...
Forum: Technology December 29th 10, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By John S.
Air-powered cars..... attn PV if he's still around.

On Dec 24, 9:09*pm, "Existential Angst" > wrote:
> >> Were you interested in Ait Powered vehicles as a concept some while ago?

Forum: Technology December 29th 10, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech

On Dec 27, 7:30*am, Vic Smith > wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 02:25:54 -0800 (PST), Bjorn >
> wrote:
>

> >On 26 Dec, 23:32, "hls"...
Forum: Technology December 29th 10, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By John S.
Chrysler closer to reviving a hot Plymouth Barracuda.

On Dec 28, 1:23*am, wrote:
> Type it in a search engine,, * *http://www.devilfinder.com
> cuhulin

Yawn...yet another new supersized version of a 40 year old muscle
car. If...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 10, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By John S.
GPS devices.

On Dec 23, 10:32*am, "hls" > wrote:
> "Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message news:7awOo.10585
>
> > Yeah, you have to have some Common Sense, too...
>
> That is...
Forum: Technology December 15th 10, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By John S.
GPS devices.

On Dec 13, 11:28*pm, wrote:
> Watching, Track Me if You Can, on the Discovery channel.The guy said
> those auto GPS devices have microphones in them and can be turned on at
Forum: Technology December 6th 10, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By John S.
Auto Exects say Car of the Future wont be cheap

On Dec 6, 12:33*pm, wrote:
> But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
> T car cost today?
> A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does...
Forum: Technology December 6th 10, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By John S.
can front wheel bearings be damaged

On Dec 6, 1:24*pm, N8N > wrote:
> On Dec 6, 12:29*pm, "John S." > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 30, 5:17*pm, N8N > wrote:
>
> > > ...by mounting or...
Forum: Technology December 6th 10, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Nov 30, 5:17*pm, N8N > wrote:
> ...by mounting or rotating tires? *I don't see how, BUT keep reading.
>
> At my last oil change, I got new tires installed on my company car....
Forum: Technology December 6th 10, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Dec 6, 10:51*am, wrote:
> http://www.dailyjobcuts.com
>
> Prices of gasoline is up too.
> cuhulin

My first new car was purchased in 1968. In the subsequent 42 years I
always...
Forum: Technology November 30th 10, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By John S.
Ethanol was a "Mistake" says Al Gore

On Nov 24, 2:50*pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
> ATHENS, Greece -- Former Vice President Al Gore reportedly has had a
> change of heart on ethanol, telling a conference on green energy...
Forum: Technology November 30th 10, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By John S.
What exactly does cold pressure mean?

On Nov 29, 3:26*pm, Tom Adams > wrote:
> I help maintain a Ford E350 used for a vanpool.
>
> The door panel spec says that the rear tires require 80 psi.
>
> The sidewall specs on...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 10, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.physics
Replies: 22
Posted By John S.
Rotary Engines *VS* Turbines

On Nov 15, 1:57*am, "2.7182818284590..." >
wrote:
> Both of these engines combust fuel and a non-reciprocal motion
> occures. *Both cases produces a circular motion.
>
> However...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By John S.
break down..torque converter problem?

On Nov 21, 9:37*pm, aspd watch > wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question I'd like to ask. *My dad has a 1994 chevy C-350,
> which comes with an automatic transmission.

Forum: Technology November 22nd 10, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By John S.
Legitimate need for battery charging or ripoff?

On Nov 21, 1:41*am, Lee Galitee > wrote:
> A roadside assistance company sells batteries with a warranty. Car has
> a no start condition, customer calls for warranty replacement...
Forum: Technology November 22nd 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By John S.
Spare Tire Question

On Nov 21, 9:24*am, Bob > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would appreciate your opinions on this, please:
>
> How "safe" is it running on the 'toy' spare tire that is
> pretty much standard...
Forum: Technology February 18th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By John S.
Synthetic oil: Change filter only?

On Feb 8, 9:28*pm, wrote:
> My last oil change at local quick lube job was $27 for
> dino oil and filter.
>
> I'm getting tired of over paying for stuff like this
> yet can change...
Forum: Technology February 18th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By John S.
Driving an old genuine Hydramatic

On Feb 14, 11:40*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> Has anyone ever driven a car with an actual Hydramatic transmission in
> it. *The first ones that didn't have a torque converter and that...
Forum: General February 18th 09, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 95
Posted By John S.
0W-40 in 1970 Cadillac Eldorado

On Feb 16, 9:34*am, The Derfer > wrote:
> I've got a great old 1970 Cadillac Eldorado.
> The 500 CI motor at its highest-rated-ever 400 HP.
>
> Living in the Northeast, it's cold...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By John S.
What's the current recommend on batteries?

On Jan 23, 12:06*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> John S. > wrote:
> >There are more than a few people who drive a car until they get bored
> >then move on to another. *...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 09, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 21, 5:26*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> John S. wrote:
> > On Jan 18, 8:35 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> >> Who currently makes the best batteries for your...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jan 21, 6:10*pm, Brent > wrote:
> On 2009-01-21, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> > It's a Porsche. *Heck, the dealer referred me to Pelican Parts...
Forum: Technology January 21st 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech