Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tekkie®
Forum: Technology May 16th 19, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 35
Posted By Tekkie®
How to keep sound on when backing up.

Neill Massello posted for all of us...

> micky > wrote:
>
> > The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
> > radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound...
Forum: Technology May 16th 19, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 19
Posted By Tekkie®
Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

Meanie posted for all of us...

> On 5/15/2019 3:28 PM, micky wrote:
> > Windows relevance at the end.
> >
> > Last year I posted about the 3 cars I ended up having in one 2 month
> > rental...
Forum: Technology May 10th 19, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Tekkie®
Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - Hey Clare

Xeno posted for all of us...

> On 7/5/19 5:34 am, Tekkie® wrote:
> > Xeno posted for all of us...
> >

> >> It's the *imperceptible vibration* that causes issues, imperceptible
Forum: Technology May 6th 19, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Tekkie®
Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - Hey Clare

Xeno posted for all of us...

> It's the *imperceptible vibration* that causes issues, imperceptible
> because modern cars are designed to isolate vehicle occupants from such
> things. Because...
Forum: Technology November 16th 18, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Tekkie®
Do you know of any good iOS or Android freeware apps that perform home alignment measurements & conversions?

arlen michael holder posted for all of us...

> Do you know of any good iOS or Android freeware apps that perform home
> alignment measurements & conversions?
>
> I openly admit that the...
Forum: Technology July 24th 18, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 95
Posted By Tekkie®
Clutch bolts and locktite

Arlen Holder posted for all of us...

> On 23 Jul 2018 22:37:05 GMT, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
>
> > Nice clutch kit.
>
> I needed 30 inches of 1/2" extension for the two top 17mm bolt
> but...
Forum: Technology July 23rd 18, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 95
Posted By Tekkie®
Clutch bolts and locktite

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

> On 7/22/18 4:10 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:
> > Which is best for dropping the transmission?
> >
> > Do you remove the crossmember, the bracket, or just the...
Forum: Technology February 26th 18, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By Tekkie®
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

ultred ragnusen posted for all of us...

> This is what I consider to be a typical pocket knife.
> https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/365/365933.jpg

When you need a...
Forum: Technology February 22nd 18, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By Tekkie®
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

ultred ragnusen posted for all of us...

> wrote:
>
> >>Third question is related to this combination pictu
> >>http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/17/torquewrench.jpg
> >>Where this...
Forum: Technology January 30th 18, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Tekkie®
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> The poor lad reminds me of the Irisnman I shared the house with in
> Zambia. Anything more complex than a retractable ball-point pen had
> him totally...
Forum: Technology January 30th 18, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Tekkie®
What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:37:44 +1100, Xeno >
> wrote:
>
> >On 27/01/2018 1:47 PM, Mad Roger wrote:
> >> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 18, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Tekkie®
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:45:10 -0500, Tekkie® >
> wrote:
>
> >Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

Forum: Technology January 19th 18, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Tekkie®
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> "antilock brakes just guarantee you will hit whatever you hit SQUARE
> ON!!!"

Exactly! When the slickback chevys first came out with ABS the cops...
Forum: Technology January 19th 18, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Tekkie®
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

Mad Roger posted for all of us...

> I have been trained to drive an ambulance.
> Know what they taught me?
>
> a. Defensive driving
> b. Noise pollution is bad
> c. Laws (nobody is allowed to...
Forum: Technology January 15th 18, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Tekkie®
Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> May not be a HUGE difference, but it is possibly a factor. Also heat
> CONDUCTANCE - metallic pads conduct more heat to the caliper than
> ceramice -...
Forum: Technology January 10th 18, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Mad Roger posted for all of us...

> 1. $16.09 Centric 110.05890 Drum Brake Shoe
> https://www.amazon.com/Centric-110-05890-Drum-Brake-Shoe/dp/B000C02PSS
> 2. $21.99 Power Stop B589 Autospecialty...
Forum: Technology January 10th 18, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> "If scoring or light grooves cannot be removed by hand (with emery
> cloth) the drum MUST be refinished or replaced"
>
> There is NO ALLOWABLE AMOUNT OF...
Forum: Technology January 10th 18, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> Then go to the dealer and check the OEM parts they have in stock, and
> you will KNOW the spec. Then order the OEM quality parts from Rock,
> and if they...
Forum: Technology January 9th 18, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Mad Roger posted for all of us...

> In the OP you see me measuring the internal diameter of the drums, which
> have a limit of 297mm, but it's only 295 mm so we should be ok. Are you
Forum: Technology January 8th 18, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Mad Roger posted for all of us...

> That's why I'm doing my homework before tackling the job, which is why I
> ask you for advice.

No mad man you have not researched anything, you ask...
Forum: Technology January 8th 18, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Mad Roger posted for all of us...

> On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:45:36 -0500,
> Clare Snyder wrote:
>
> > It generally unhooks from the activbation lever connected to the
> > brake shoes. On...
Forum: Technology January 8th 18, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Tekkie®
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 07:03:33 -0500, Meanie > wrote:
>

> >> Also, only one shoe is worn, and it's the front shoe, and it's been on
Forum: Technology December 16th 17, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 19
Posted By Tekkie®
Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?

posted for all of us...

> >Any idea how to calculate the PSI out from the 2000CFM spec?
> You can calculate the PSI if you know the viscosity of the fluid and
> the size of the...
Forum: Technology December 16th 17, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 19
Posted By Tekkie®
Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:52:41 -0500, Tekkie® >
> wrote:
> You thinking the same guy that argued about tire mounting and
> ballancing???
Forum: Technology December 15th 17, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 19
Posted By Tekkie®
Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?

Arthur Wood posted for all of us...

> All we need to find vacuum leaks in a complex engine is a smoke machine
> that works. All it needs to do is...
> a. Emit lots of smoke that won't clog up...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81