Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: FC Bill
Forum: VW air cooled May 20th 11, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
Won't Start

On May 15, 8:16*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> On 5/11/2011 4:46 PM, John Henderson wrote:
>
> > FC Bill wrote:
>
> >> The problem is electrical
>
> > Do you hear the...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 11, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
Won't Start

On May 10, 1:43*pm, John Henderson > wrote:
> FC Bill wrote:
> > Looking for ideas. *I removed my engine from my 69 bus and following
> > the instillation I find that the...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 11, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
Won't Start

Looking for ideas. I removed my engine from my 69 bus and following
the instillation I find that the motor won't start, the starter won't
even turn over. I check the connections on the starter and...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 10, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By FC Bill
Back Fire

Thanks to all for the advice, we will give the exhaust system a good
once over.
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By FC Bill
Back Fire

I have a 1970 bug with a1500 motor in it, a new carb, distributor,
wires, and plugs all new. Recently my son and I pulled the motor and
resealed it; all new gaskets from the case out. Now that it is...
Forum: VW air cooled December 16th 09, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
No Spark in my 69 Bus

Found the problem, it was the new coil. Put in one I new worked and
it hit on the first turn of the key. Thanks to those who responded.
Forum: VW air cooled December 15th 09, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
No Spark in my 69 Bus

I had a chance to look at the bus today and found that I have power to
the coil, and no power past. Can the new coil go bad so fast? I will
borrow a coil from my sons car and see if that may be the...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By FC Bill
No Spark in my 69 Bus

My 69 daily driver is relatively stock; with the exception of a new
009 with a flamethrower ignition and flamethrower coil. All was well
for a couple of weeks until she died, no spark. I replaced...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8