Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dickr
Forum: Ford Mustang May 16th 13, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By Dickr
Do you store your Stang (or any other car) in the winter?

And are Mickey and his mouse friends in your area?
You can keep those rascals away from your car by using clothes dryer sheets.
Just crumple the sheets and place them under the hood and interior of...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 20th 12, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By Dickr
Barrett-Jackson car auction starts tonight

Even though I wouldn't be able to purchase any of the cars unless I won
the lottery,
it's still fun to watch.
If your cable provider has the SPEED channel, check it out.

Dick
Forum: Ford Mustang September 17th 12, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Dickr
An interesting feature on some new Ford vehicles

On 9/17/2012 5:14 PM, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> On 9/17/2012 17:09, Dickr wrote:
>> I'm not sure which new Ford vehicles have this feature...
>> press the unlock on your key to unlock the doors, press...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 17th 12, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Dickr
An interesting feature on some new Ford vehicles

I'm not sure which new Ford vehicles have this feature...
press the unlock on your key to unlock the doors, press and hold
a second time, and the windows open.
Seems like a good idea when your car is...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 21st 12, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

On 8/20/2012 8:31 PM, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> On 8/20/2012 15:54, Dickr wrote:
>> He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual
>> transmission,
>> mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 20th 12, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission,
mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a couple
of years and only after he has had the typical...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 15th 12, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Dickr
Had to share - our Flex vs the Porsche...

On 8/14/2012 6:42 AM, John S. wrote:
> Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 28th 12, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Dickr
The 302 engines - digging way back in my brain cells

I remember the first Camaro Z28 in 1969 was a 302, and that was the limit
for (I think) Trans Am racing. Many other 302s followed including the
new Boss
302 Mustang.
Then there's the 5.0 badge...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 25th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Dickr
Today's visit to the Ford showroom

I brought my Flex in to the local Ford dealer for routine maintenance,
and while
waiting, I checked out some of the cars in the showroom. There was a
Boss 302
Mustang that made me salivate, but the...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 10th 12, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By Dickr
I love Mustangs, but there are also a few other cars ...

Summertime in Minnesota and many "garage" cars are out on the street.
I noticed a beautiful custom 1953 Chev 2 dr sedan at a local strip mall.
When the owner started that puppy, I knew it didn't have...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 28th 12, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By Dickr
I have this 1984 Capri RS 5.0 and ...

Yes, it's had a very sheltered life and has been stored in the garage
for most winters.
I purchased it new in 1984 and it's in very nice original condition with
only 68,000
miles. It needs a couple...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 12th 12, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Dickr
Carroll Shelby, Automotive Legend, 1923 - 2012.

On 5/12/2012 7:44 AM, twk wrote:
> A sad day today.

Sad day indeed, but I think/hope the Shelby legend will live on.
Dick
Forum: Ford Mustang April 25th 12, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
Posted By Dickr
10 Worst Mustangs, EVER. - Farrah didn't

On 4/24/2012 3:40 PM, twk wrote
Did Farrah Fawcett pose on it?
<http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17jvs8if2ono0jpg/original.jpg> Wow,
that takes me back...

I worked with a fellow who always had...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 24th 12, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
Posted By Dickr
10 Worst Mustangs, EVER.

On 4/23/2012 9:04 AM, twk wrote:
> I'd take one with a v6 in it. I had a buddy in the military with a v6
> in the Cobra model (not the King Cobra). It seemed like a nice enough
> car at the time....
Forum: Ford Mustang February 20th 12, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By Dickr
A trip to the local Ford dealer

I brought my 2010 Flex in to the dealer for routine maintenance. Busy
day for them, and while I
was waiting I checked out some of the cars on the showroom floor. I was
very careful not to drool
on...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 8th 12, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Dickr
I didn't know I was driving a truck

According to my insurance company, my 2010 Ford Flex is considered
a truck. As I recall, it's built on the same platform as the Ford Taurus.
Very curious.
Dick
Forum: Ford Mustang January 22nd 12, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Dickr
How Many Is Too Many?

On 1/22/2012 11:38 AM, wrote:
> On Jan 21, 12:11 pm, > wrote:
>> On 1/20/2012 7:47 AM, wrote:> Lexus and Hyundai currently have 8. ...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 21st 12, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Dickr
Is anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auction on the Speedchannel?

On 1/19/2012 5:07 PM, Dickr wrote:
> Until I win a lottery, I can only dream ... and drool.
> Dick
Up here in Minnesota, there's snow on the ground, temps around 12°F, and
I don't need
to go...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 21st 12, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Dickr
How Many Is Too Many?

On 1/20/2012 7:47 AM, wrote:
> Lexus and Hyundai currently have 8. Dodge will soon have 9. Now
> seems Hyundai is upping the ante and developing a 10-speed automatic
Forum: Ford Mustang January 19th 12, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Dickr
Is anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auction on the Speedchannel?

Until I win a lottery, I can only dream ... and drool.
Dick
Forum: Ford Mustang January 18th 12, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
Sorry Officer ...

On 1/17/2012 5:32 PM, wrote:
> On Jan 17, 4:18 pm, > wrote:
>> Yes I realize I was driving 70 in a 18 year old zone, but I promise to
>> act my age ...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 17th 12, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
Sorry Officer ...

Yes I realize I was driving 70 in a 18 year old zone, but I promise to
act my age ...
until spring when I pull my 5.0 out of the garage.
:-)
Dick
Another old fart with a cool car (84 Capri RS 5.0)
Forum: Ford Mustang December 30th 11, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
I have a 84 Capri RS 5.0 and ...

On 12/30/2011 10:57 AM, RM V2.0 wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 29th 11, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Dickr
I have a 84 Capri RS 5.0 and ...

It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that are
wearing thin.
I was agonizing over the thought of replacing the wheels and tires because
the Michelins, if available, are way to...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 17th 11, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Dickr
End of the Line for Ranger Pickup

Then there's this little buggy, produced by Ford Australia.
That's my kind of pickup truck.
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1248884763211&pagename=FOA%2Fcontroller&site=FOA...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64