Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Forum: Honda October 18th 12, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
2004 Honda Pilot - turning key in ignition often won't start the car(need to press FOB unlock button again)

A friend has a 2004 Honda Pilot. Often he will insert and turn the key in the ignition and it won't start.
If he presses the unlock botton on his keychain FOB, it then allows the car to start....
Forum: Honda May 20th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
difficulty pricing my 97 Accord for sale

I have a 97 Accord EX 2-door. 2 years ago the automatic transmission
died and I wasn't ready to spend $1500-$2500 on a car that had 270,000
miles.
The rest of the car is in good condition and I had...
Forum: General April 26th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 121
Posted By [email protected]
automatic transmission failure question

I have a 97 Honda Accord with 280K. Recently, I pulled over from
driving to check a map and when I put my car back in D, the engine
just raced like it was in neutral when I gave it gas. The reverse...
Forum: Honda April 22nd 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone replace their Accord condenser fan without removing radiator?

I need to replace the condenser fan, one of the two fans attached to
the radiator.
It seems to mount to the radiator with just 2 bolts on top (easily
accessible).
Has anyone done a replacement...
Forum: Technology December 3rd 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Blower fan (AC/Heat) doesnt work

I have a 97 Accord with 260K, the climate control fan doesnt work
anymore on any selected fan speed. No noises, just silence. My
assumption is a blown blower motor. I already checked the 40amp...
Forum: Honda December 3rd 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Blower fan (AC/Heat) doesnt work

I have a 97 Accord with 260K, the climate control fan doesnt work
anymore on any selected fan speed. No noises, just silence. My
assumption is a blown blower motor. I already checked the 40amp...
Forum: Honda November 8th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
97 Accord with 260K "uses" oil on long highway drives

I have noticed that my Accord has been using oil on long freeway
drives (400 miles +)
I seem to be low 1/2-1quart after a long freeway drive.
I may also be losing oil on normal driving (but its...
Forum: General September 16th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,ca.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
97 Accord HC emissions reaching CA state limit - any tricks?

I live in California and just got my 97 Accord smogged (230K miles).
It passed, but barely. HC emissions for 15mph that was 57 with a
maximum allowed of 58
it did much better at 25mph 15/42
For...
Forum: Honda September 16th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,ca.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
97 Accord HC emissions reaching CA state limit - any tricks?

I live in California and just got my 97 Accord smogged (230K miles).
It passed, but barely. HC emissions for 15mph that was 57 with a
maximum allowed of 58
it did much better at 25mph 15/42
For...
Forum: Technology September 16th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,ca.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
97 Accord HC emissions reaching CA state limit - any tricks?

I live in California and just got my 97 Accord smogged (230K miles).
It passed, but barely. HC emissions for 15mph that was 57 with a
maximum allowed of 58
it did much better at 25mph 15/42
For...
Forum: General September 8th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Doing my own brakes (97 Accord) - need some advice

I am a handy guy (engineering background) and I do quite a bit of my
own work on my car (oil changes, electrical repairs, etc). I am
considering doing my own brake work. With the miles I put on my...
Forum: Technology September 8th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Doing my own brakes (97 Accord) - need some advice

I am a handy guy (engineering background) and I do quite a bit of my
own work on my car (oil changes, electrical repairs, etc). I am
considering doing my own brake work. With the miles I put on my...
Forum: Honda September 8th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Doing my own brakes (97 Accord) - need some advice

I am a handy guy (engineering background) and I do quite a bit of my
own work on my car (oil changes, electrical repairs, etc). I am
considering doing my own brake work. With the miles I put on my...
Forum: Honda July 3rd 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
bad mold smell from 1997 Honda Accord AC

I have over 200K on my 97 Accord. I recently had one of the valves
replaced on the AC unit where they removed the evaporator. They found
a ton of mold in the evaporator case and cleaned it out with...
Forum: Technology July 3rd 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
bad mold smell from 1997 Honda Accord AC

I have over 200K on my 97 Accord. I recently had one of the valves
replaced on the AC unit where they removed the evaporator. They found
a ton of mold in the evaporator case and cleaned it out with...
Forum: General June 4th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone use those R-134 refil kits for air conditioning?

I am on the road and noticed my AC isn't performing well. Local shops
want close to a $100 for an R-134 refil (97 Honda Accord). I saw an
R-134 refil kit at Walmart for $20. Has anyone had success...
Forum: Honda June 4th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone use those R-134 refil kits for air conditioning?

I am on the road and noticed my AC isn't performing well. Local shops
want close to a $100 for an R-134 refil (97 Honda Accord). I saw an
R-134 refil kit at Walmart for $20. Has anyone had success...
Forum: Technology June 4th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone use those R-134 refil kits for air conditioning?

I am on the road and noticed my AC isn't performing well. Local shops
want close to a $100 for an R-134 refil (97 Honda Accord). I saw an
R-134 refil kit at Walmart for $20. Has anyone had success...
Forum: Honda May 5th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Honda V6 engines and synthetic oil

I plan on buying a new 2008 Accord coupe V6 to replace my aging 97
VTEC-4 Accord coupe. I am considering for this new car to maintain it
using synthetic oil and strictly use Honda stock oil filters....
Forum: Technology May 5th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Honda V6 engines and synthetic oil

I plan on buying a new 2008 Accord coupe V6 to replace my aging 97
VTEC-4 Accord coupe. I am considering for this new car to maintain it
using synthetic oil and strictly use Honda stock oil filters....
Forum: Honda April 28th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
10-year airbag inspection for 1997 Accord

According to the label on the door jam of my 97 Accord, my airbag is
now 10-years old and should be inspected according to the maintenance
schedule.
Does anyone know how necessary this is, or what it...
Forum: Technology April 28th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
10-year airbag inspection for 1997 Accord

According to the label on the door jam of my 97 Accord, my airbag is
now 10-years old and should be inspected according to the maintenance
schedule.
Does anyone know how necessary this is, or what it...
Forum: Honda February 16th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Hissing sound from Air Conditioner on 97 Accord

I have a 97 Accord with a bit over 200K.
For the past 20K or so, I hear an intermittent hissing sound below the
glove box when the AC switch is activated. Cooling seems to work fine,
verified this...
Forum: Technology February 16th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Hissing sound from Air Conditioner on 97 Accord

I have a 97 Accord with a bit over 200K.
For the past 20K or so, I hear an intermittent hissing sound below the
glove box when the AC switch is activated. Cooling seems to work fine,
verified this...
Forum: Honda December 23rd 06, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Engine ping on 2.2VTEC on 97 Accord

I have a 97 accord with 200K miles. For over 30K, I have been
experiencing engine ping at part throttle. Two mechanics haven't been
able to find anything wrong during general inspection periods.
I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37