Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear
Forum: Technology October 1st 15, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Public Apology to Jim Beam (regarding recent dieselgate vents)

This is a public apology ot Jim Beam, whose previous assertions
that there is a conspiracy to keep diesel passenger cars
out of the US populace reach I was promptly ridiculing.
I apologize to you,...
Forum: Technology May 10th 14, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Battery maintenance

I brought home 2 ragrats yesterday, found the lights were on a few hours
later. Then I took battery home and put it on the charger.
In the morning it was still trickling a little under 1.5 amp
(and...
Forum: Technology April 12th 14, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
the history of thermostats

On 4/12/14, 21:02, AMuzi wrote:
> On 4/12/2014 12:42 PM, I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to
> the rear wrote:
>> Prior thermostats in the cooling systems how did those
>> cooling...
Forum: Technology April 12th 14, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Tire Question ?

On 4/8/14, 17:26, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
> experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.
>
> Have to replace my tires on...
Forum: Technology April 12th 14, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Unibody rigidity

Are we still in 4 figures Nm/degree-wise or we're long in 5 digit territory?

I see the % improvement in the press from time to time but no actual
figures for any car[s].
Forum: Technology April 12th 14, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
the history of thermostats

Prior thermostats in the cooling systems how did those cooling systems
look like?
while I'm at it I'm curious what path antifreeze took
Forum: Technology April 7th 14, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Considerations for transporting extra fuel for emergencies (suchas running out of gas, etc) in a passenger car

On 4/4/14, 23:24, somick wrote:
> On Friday, April 4, 2014 12:38:07 AM UTC-7, I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear wrote:
>> What are you using to carry extra gas/diesel for...
Forum: Technology April 4th 14, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Considerations for transporting extra fuel for emergencies (suchas running out of gas, etc) in a passenger car

What are you using to carry extra gas/diesel for emergencies?
Plastic or metal container?
cabin or trunk? I have a wagon so I wonder if carrying the gas
container in the cargo area is any safer than...
Forum: Technology March 30th 14, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Two sets of bolts on a truck rim

On 3/29/14, 23:41, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear wrote:
>> I'm curious what the two concentric sets of bolts are on a steel rim of
>> a truck...
Forum: Technology March 29th 14, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Two sets of bolts on a truck rim

I'm curious what the two concentric sets of bolts are on a steel rim of
a truck tire?

Saw a what seemed like a 7-8 ton commercial truck the other day
and it had two sets of dissimilar bolts.
One to...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10