Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rvirgin22
Forum: VW air cooled September 23rd 15, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By rvirgin22
Gas Tank Capacity???

On Monday, April 8, 2002 at 5:53:28 AM UTC-4, JUSTIC8757 wrote:
> Hi all. Does anyone know offhand thegas tank capacity (in gallons) of
> a 1974 VW Beetle??? The gauge ist kaputt, and knowing how...
Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 10, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By rvirgin22
Rotor, without the 12 k-ohms resistance

On Apr 12, 7:12*pm, rvirgin22 > wrote:
> .. * * Distributor rotors, without 12,000 ohms resistance
>
> 1) *The original Bosch rotors, as recommended by VW, I believe
> had 12,000...
Forum: VW air cooled April 13th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By rvirgin22
Rotor, without the 12 k-ohms resistance

... Distributor rotors, without 12,000 ohms resistance

1) The original Bosch rotors, as recommended by VW, I believe
had 12,000 ohms, or was it 6,000 ohms of resistance across the
contacts......
Forum: VW air cooled March 28th 10, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By rvirgin22
OT. member may need your thoughts

On Mar 17, 9:15*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> Hey group, John C. lost his father Thursday, send him some good thoughts, he
> probably needs them...
>
> John, my condolences.

Forum: VW air cooled January 28th 10, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By rvirgin22
Can't hurt to ask ...

On Jan 21, 8:08*am, "'whatever'" > wrote:
> "bugnut68" > wrote in message

Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 09, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By rvirgin22
WTB - 73-75 body

On Dec 1, 12:57*pm, "Help-Slip-Franklin" >
wrote:
> All,
> Looking for a tub from a 73-75 in good shape. Any leads greatly appreciated.
> H-S-F

1) Have a 1974, in...
Forum: VW air cooled February 9th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By rvirgin22
Ignition Switch Burned/Sparks

On Feb 8, 4:52*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> rvirgin22 wrote:
> > ..
>
> > Speedy Jim (and others)
>
> > === Voltage Regulator ===
>
> > 1) *On a 1972 Super Beetle (I don't...
Forum: VW air cooled February 8th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By rvirgin22
Ignition Switch Burned/Sparks

Speedy Jim (and others)

=== Voltage Regulator ===

1) On a 1972 Super Beetle (I don't think it matters which
car, really), what would you guess are the various causes for
the voltage regulator...
Forum: VW air cooled January 3rd 09, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By rvirgin22
What Every Woman Wants! (No, Seriously!)

Scott H.

1) I change the oil every week, since clean engine oil is the
single most significant factor, and probably the easiest for a
long engine life (mine 36 years and 120,000...
Forum: VW air cooled January 3rd 09, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By rvirgin22
What Every Woman Wants! (No, Seriously!)

> It gives you a nice boost, knowing you have what they want. *Makes you
> want to flex your stick-like arms or show your turkey's neck to best
> advantage. *Yup. *Things are definitely looking up....
Forum: VW air cooled August 1st 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By rvirgin22
Speedy Update - 07/28/2008

On Jul 28, 5:07*pm, wrote:
> I heard from Speedy earlier today.
> Sounds like things are going pretty good.
> He is recovering nicely and the surgeon is pleased with his...
Forum: VW air cooled July 5th 08, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 42
Posted By rvirgin22
More Mario

On Jul 1, 10:12*pm, AircooledJohn > wrote:
> I know nothing about this situation directly (and never stated
> anything else), just another soul that contacted me hoping for some
Forum: VW air cooled July 2nd 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 42
Posted By rvirgin22
More Mario

On Jul 1, 9:20*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 1, 6:54*pm, " > wrote:
>

> > LOL so much for being a rust free convertable
>
> > the real story as...
Forum: VW air cooled May 29th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By rvirgin22
that shudder.

..
..
Shakin VW

1) Please forgive my stupidity.

2) I have seen many, many, many times the report that oil on the
clutch disc, flyweel, or pressure plate will make the clutch
"shake, rattle...
Forum: VW air cooled May 22nd 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By rvirgin22
hee hee, I got in a bit of trouble today :-)

On May 21, 2:07*am, Rev Turd Fredericks >
wrote:
> So I am on the 55 freeway in Orange County, just before the 55 meets the
> 405, and am stuck in traffic. As we get closer to...
Forum: VW air cooled April 4th 08, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By rvirgin22
carb issues

1) Yes, Hayman Motors for parts - but try to do as much of my own
servicing as possible.

2) Sad to learn of your Beetle loss through rust.

3) One of mine is a 1972 Beetle, driven 35...
Forum: VW air cooled April 4th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By rvirgin22
carb issues

..
..
John

1) Absolutely amazing comment. The great value of discussions
with people who have been driving the same cars for 30 years.

2) Many would never have thought about the...
Forum: VW air cooled March 15th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By rvirgin22
Mondays are fun

On Mar 10, 2:23*pm, Veeduber > wrote:
> It started about a dozen years ago when I turned on the computer and
> found: *'When I shut off the engine there was white smoke coming from
Forum: VW air cooled February 23rd 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By rvirgin22
Sermons II

On Feb 23, 12:51*am, Veeduber > wrote:
> To All:
>
> The deal with BookLocker didn't work out. *I'll see if I can find
> another outlet but don't hold your breath.
>
> -Bob

..
..
Forum: VW air cooled February 21st 08, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By rvirgin22
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

On Feb 18, 7:13*pm, Veeduber > wrote:
> To All:
>
> You may now buy a copy of the so-called sermon files for $9.95 at...
>
> http://www.booklocker.com/books/3340.html
>
>> -Bob...
Forum: VW air cooled February 1st 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By rvirgin22
dating your tyres

On Jan 24, 9:31*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> jjs wrote:
> > Tires do have a limited shelf life.
> > Jan will probably pipe-up here.
> > Read what he writes.
>
> Once upon...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By rvirgin22
Midnight Repairs

On Dec 24, 8:45*am, Veeduber > wrote:
> He came down the back drive just before midnight on Christmas Eve. I
> was out in the shop, about to call it a night when I heard the
Forum: VW air cooled December 23rd 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By rvirgin22
driving a bug

..
..
115 MPH in a standard 1974 Beetle

..
..
..
Jan

1) How do you get a standard Beetle to go that fast?
Forum: VW air cooled October 27th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By rvirgin22
Gnats Bugging My Yellow Beetle - Help Please!

Bugs Bugging his Bug
================
Dave,

1) Doesn't a "car cover" end up being almost worse than the "bugs
which are bugging his bug", because it...
Forum: VW air cooled October 10th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By rvirgin22
Beetle thermostat

1) When cold, is the Beetle thermostat expanded, or compressed?
2) Anyone have much of a description of the temperature range through
which it starts to open the air vanes, to the temperature at...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25